GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Feb 2019, 10:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • GMAT vs GRE - Insider Insights and Tips to Help You Decide

February 20, 2019

February 20, 2019

12:00 PM EST

01:00 PM EST

Planning to apply to business school? Don't know which standardized test to take? Noodle Pros experts will discuss the nitty gritty of the GMAT vs GRE. Monday, Feb. 11th at 12 PM and 7 PM ET
  • Choosing the Right B-School

February 20, 2019

February 20, 2019

06:00 PM EST

07:00 PM EST

Which MBA program is right for me? How can I find the best fit? An experienced senior consultant from our partner MBA admissions consulting firm, mbaMission, will help prospective MBAs understand the differences that exist among top MBA programs.

Olin vs Carlson vs Goizueta

new topic post reply Update application status  

What do you recommend?

• 9% [1]
  • 36% [4]
  • 54% [6]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Olin vs Carlson vs Goizueta  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 12:11
I am a transitioning vet starting this fall. Deciding between Olin/Carlson/Goizueta. 100% Post 9/11 GI Bill. 100% covered at Olin and Carlson, limited Yellow Ribbon spots at Goizueta so may spend some out of pocket there. Carlson also offered a significant living stipend on top of GI Bill.

Pursuing marketing post MBA.

Wash U revamp is intriguing and reputation of Goizueta is hard to walk away from. Loved my visit to Minnesota and living stipend is compelling. I am pretty flexible on location post-MBA. I am slightly concerned that Carlson does not carry a national name and could hurt in recruiting/post mba employment.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Olin vs Carlson vs Goizueta  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 20:19
Hello HeelBear12

Quite good options you have here. If your post mba target is consulting than you can think about Emory. Also because of the Cola link (Marketing), I would personally have chosen Emory. Money offered is not that different from all the schools so again very close.
But It would be interesting to see what others say about this.

All the best !

HeelBear12 wrote:
I am a transitioning vet starting this fall. Deciding between Olin/Carlson/Goizueta. 100% Post 9/11 GI Bill. 100% covered at Olin and Carlson, limited Yellow Ribbon spots at Goizueta so may spend some out of pocket there. Carlson also offered a significant living stipend on top of GI Bill.

Wash U revamp is intriguing and reputation of Goizueta is hard to walk away from. Loved my visit to Minnesota and living stipend is compelling. I am pretty flexible on location post-MBA. I am slightly concerned that Carlson does not carry a national name and could hurt in recruiting/post mba employment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
The Mind is Everything, What we Think we Become.

Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2019, 14:45
Congratulations on your admits!!! Also, thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Emory would be the strongest option of all. I think it would help to quantify your costs and understand what kind of $$ we are talking about here. I think if it is less than 30% of the total, you are clearly better off at Emory. That would be my take. I know it can be hard to focus on what matters the most or see how offers stack up coming out of the military, so I would recommend connecting with military/veteran community at both of these programs - they have them and you can ask AdCom for an intro.

All of these are also very regional, which means you can get a job anywhere in the US on your own, but if you want help from the school/alums, it will be within 200 mile radius of the school and you have a strong opportunity to end up within that Radius. Where is the rest of your family and network? Your family and folks may not matter a whole lot now but it will come into play once you get kids in 10 years and once your family starts aging in 20. You don't want to be flying cross country with little kids for Christmas and pay $500/one way or fly every few years. It also helps to have a networks of aunts, uncles, preachers, etc who can connect you with execs and employers. You have served your time in the military, and many people who know you, will be very eager to help you with recruiting/connections. Don't discard those opportunities.

P.S. Pinging a few of the current students abhimahna :-)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2019, 16:22
I strongly agree with bb here. Considering your goals, Emory seems to be the strongest option here. See you in a few months. :)

Good luck :-)

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog
GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.
New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!
Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free
Check our new About Us Page here.

SVP
SVP
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 03:12
HeelBear12 wrote:

Congrats

If the cost is almost as stated by bb, the here is another vote for Emory. I know that Olin reshaped its mba program to make global. Ypu can make the same in Emory.

Good luck
Intern
Intern
Olin vs Carlson vs Goizueta  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 11:33
Thanks to everyone for the input so far! To add context, I could pay anywhere between $0 and $7,500 a semester at Goizueta. VA Benefits are applied every semester so it could change depending on when I apply compared to other students. At Carlson I will pay $0 and they added a $12,500/year living stipend. Thanks again, I am excited to visit all three schools for their visit days!

Re:bb
Mo2men
@d3no
abhimahna
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 11:40
Good luck with the school visits. I think at those rates I am starting to like Carlson more ;-)

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Olin vs Carlson vs Goizueta   [#permalink] 08 Feb 2019, 11:40

Olin vs Carlson vs Goizueta

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap