It is currently 16 Oct 2017, 20:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Overwhelming self study GMAT

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Technology, Accounting
Overwhelming self study GMAT [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2017, 12:24
What should I do when I plan to do PhD in MIS
My name is Panama from Southeast Asia country. I was realized to delicate myself to research in Accounting Information System field.
I has published research paper as well as international conferences in my expert academic subject. When I start to change my career part from professional software implementor.
it was huge impact for my academic future because I plan to act either researcher and lecture at the University in Thailand.
I have encounter with many problem when I was move to the USA.
When I was a first test TOEFL score it was very low and make my change my attitude to develop career part to be a lecture in English program.
However, I try to take one more time test. It a bit improve.
Now I have lot of problem to take GMAT verbal part it was difficult for many student who came not native English students.
Anybody can share how to prepare to study verbal before take CAT and real test in next two month please.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 29

Re: Overwhelming self study GMAT [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2017, 15:16
Hello Panama,

Actually you posted this in the quant section. Should have posted in the verbal section. Anyways, to improve in TOEFL you should read English articles/books. Also watching movies/news etc in English helps a lot with the listening section. Plus prepping for GMAT helps a lot too.

You can start GMAT verbal prep by checking this study plan which can serve you as a road map for the prep.

Also check Thursdays with Ron videos which can help you a lot.

Follow GMATninja and his posts.

And it you are looking forward to join a course, check out e-gmat. They designed the course specially with non native speakers of English in mind and have got decent reviews. They offer free webinars during weekends which you can join and check out. If you find it helpful purchase it or look for other courses.

+1 Kudos Please if you found my post helpful. Good luck for the GMAT!

Manager
Manager
P

Kudos [?]: 200 [0], given: 95

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2017, 08:58
Hi NaMaPa1983

Did you take GMATprep? If you haven't, you can get 2 free official tests from mba.com:
https://www.mba.com/global/the-gmat-exa ... tware.aspx

Taking a mock test will show where you stand now and help to focus on your weaknesses.

Also, what study materials did you use so far?

+1 Kudos is the best way to say "Thank you!"

Kudos [?]: 200 [0], given: 95

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2017, 06:01
I take many time with GMATprep but my score it was very low, Im so tired with, I paid a lot of money for GAMT Tutoring. It was my overwhelming that I can't avoid.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2017, 11:58
NaMaPa1983 wrote:
I take many time with GMATprep but my score it was very low, Im so tired with, I paid a lot of money for GAMT Tutoring. It was my overwhelming that I can't avoid.

Would help a lot if you mention what materials you have used so far. Also did you use a local GMAT tutor or an online one?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2017, 12:02
I took a class Manhattan Prep but everything so fast for student who not native English, But I give my chance for more than one year If I would apply for top 10-30

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2017, 05:17
NaMaPa1983 wrote:
I took a class Manhattan Prep but everything so fast for student who not native English, But I give my chance for more than one year If I would apply for top 10-30

I once again suggest you to try egmat. They claim and I have seen in reviews that non natives who were weak in English did pretty well using their system. Do their 1 week trial and see if it helps you. They have free webinar today.

Re: Overwhelming self study GMAT   [#permalink] 23 Sep 2017, 05:17

Overwhelming self study GMAT

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap