Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 11:17 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
WE:Operations (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q36 V36
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V33
WE:Other (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Hi Guys, Joining this thread just now.

Submitted the application for Round-2.

Can anyone please confirm if we need to submit the official-transcript necessarily or the unofficial one will do?

-Rex
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:

Can anyone please confirm if we need to submit the official-transcript necessarily or the unofficial one will do?

-Rex

Welcome Rex, from my experience the unofficial will do at least for assessing your candidacy. But you will have to send them the official one before an offer of admission is made.
My advice is send the official transcript asap.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi everyone, I'm applying to Round 2. Any advice on Rotman video essay and timed written response?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
WE:Operations (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Hey mhamidir,

The video component is conceived to be very difficult and challenging but in reality it is not. You will be able to practice both the video and the written components and get the feel of the process once you start the essay. Personally, I feel that you can never be completely prepared for an impromptu speaking exercise. However, practicing and going over some questions will be helpful. You can find several resources online on what type of questions will be asked - one would be behavioral and the other an experiential type. Be aware of all yourself - your strengths, weaknesses, hobbies, interests, likes/dislikes, favorites, personal and professional experiences, learnings, etc., and you should be able to cover a good number of questions. Also, if you are not comfortable speaking in front of a camera, you should start working on it since people usually focus on their laptop screens and not the camera. So, practice till you are confident and just go ahead with it. Oh, and try and enjoy it. It is quite an experience :)

All the best!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
aderayo2002 wrote:
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:

-Rex

Welcome Rex, from my experience the unofficial will do at least for assessing your candidacy. But you will have to send them the official one before an offer of admission is made.
My advice is send the official transcript asap.

Yeah I guess the unofficial one should do for now. Will make the official copy readily available.
Thanks man. :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hey Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I love this site, the information is invaluable.

Rotman is likely my #1 choice in Canada, but I have a few questions.

1) Does Rotman exclusively focus on your final year GPA? or do they look at CGPA.

2) Is 'final year' GPA considered courses you took in the final year, or courses per final year of your curriculum. e.g, if you took a 2nd year class in your last semester, would this be overlooked, and instead they would look for all year 4 courses and then average out that GPA. (e.g. you took a 4th year course in your 3rd year).

3) Are Rotman's W/E requirements rigid? I quit my job after a few years, and after spending 5 years in the particular industry to go back to school full time to complete my final year in my undergrad. I am currently in my last semester. Will Rotman take this into consideration all though the W/E was technically prior to graduation?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
One day to deadline (R2) and the rotman website has been down all afternoon with a network error. If anyone knows the exact time of the deadline tomorrow or if there is any word regarding an extension due to the website issues, please post below.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
WE:Account Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
JoyfulDan wrote:
One day to deadline (R2) and the rotman website has been down all afternoon with a network error. If anyone knows the exact time of the deadline tomorrow or if there is any word regarding an extension due to the website issues, please post below.

Thanks

The website came back up a few hours ago, but I faced the same issues. I can't seem to find a time either, so I don't think it should be earlier than midnight EST.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
WRaymond150 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I love this site, the information is invaluable.

Rotman is likely my #1 choice in Canada, but I have a few questions.

1) Does Rotman exclusively focus on your final year GPA? or do they look at CGPA.

2) Is 'final year' GPA considered courses you took in the final year, or courses per final year of your curriculum. e.g, if you took a 2nd year class in your last semester, would this be overlooked, and instead they would look for all year 4 courses and then average out that GPA. (e.g. you took a 4th year course in your 3rd year).

3) Are Rotman's W/E requirements rigid? I quit my job after a few years, and after spending 5 years in the particular industry to go back to school full time to complete my final year in my undergrad. I am currently in my last semester. Will Rotman take this into consideration all though the W/E was technically prior to graduation?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi WRaymond150,

I think the best people to answer your questions are the adcom. I would advise you reach out to them to get clarification.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi,

Is the video component link not working properly?
I'm trying to initiate the check in but can't seem to be able to go beyond the Welcome Video screen.

Please help!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Round 2 folks if you receive an interview call or email from Rotman please post and keep everyone updated!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V40
GPA: 3.61
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
bertiewooster wrote:
Hi,

Is the video component link not working properly?
I'm trying to initiate the check in but can't seem to be able to go beyond the Welcome Video screen.

Please help!

Check your internet connection. I had some problems with the platform because of a slow connection.

I'm in for Round 2. Hoping for the best. I'll post any updates.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.85
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
In for R2, application was submitted on deadline day. Do Rotman require the transcripts before they make an offer, from my previous experience with business schools in the UK they required the transcripts after making the offer.
Manager
Manager
Status:I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
jeetparicha85 wrote:
gauravpdutta wrote:
Hi Jeet! Just wanted to share my 2 cents!
I applied on 19th october a few hours before the fist deadline. I heard back from them after 27 days!!! So absolutely no need to worry. I think they will be super busy with round 1 till 18th December. So I believe you should not worry much till December end.
All the very best! Keep us posted

Hey gauravpdutta - Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Slightly comforting to know that they are busy at this time. I will continue the wait and maybe around Dec ME I will write to the school to request an update.

Hello All,

Received an interview invite for Jan 14th, Thursday via Skype. I had just 3 days of notice to prepare for interview. But I still okayed the date suggested by Dimitra. Excited about the interview, not very nervous. Racing against time though to prepare as best as I can. Will keep you all posted about the experience.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Got an admit! Does anyone know what is the time frame to make the deposit?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ds08 wrote:

Congratulations. Wasn't the deadline stated in your admit package? I think it's one month from decision date. Did u get any scholarship and will you be attending?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
aderayo2002 wrote:
ds08 wrote:

Congratulations. Wasn't the deadline stated in your admit package? I think it's one month from decision date. Did u get any scholarship and will you be attending?

Thank you! Well I just received the e-mail from Lynda. She said an official email and package will be sent out by the end of the day. So not really clear on the details yet. Yes. i received a scholarship. Still deciding if I am attending. it's McDonough vs Rotman.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  25   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts