It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 19:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V27
GPA: 3.6
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 00:48
applelina1234 wrote:
jchensfamily wrote:
applelina1234 wrote:
Any Chinese got admitted? Had my interview on November 8 but was told that they were on the MBA tour. Wonder when I will get a result or a ding. So anxious. :(

I had my interview on Nov. 10th and I am Chinese too. I was told that because they were on the MBA tours, they will give me a result before the end of the month. Still waiting... Finger crossed.

Any updates on the result? Can't believe I am still waiting!!! Fingers crossed and good luck to all!!

Received an offer from Dimitra last nite, with a 15,000 scholarship. Good luck to all!!!

Current Student

GMAT 1: 660 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V32
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2015, 06:58
Got in !!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Rotman '18 (II)

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2015, 07:18
Congratulations!!!! I gave my interview last night....hope I get thru too!

Current Student
B
Status: I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 26

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2015, 10:11
Hi All,

Congrats to everyone who has received his/her acceptance letter.

I submitted my application on Nov 17th, and am yet to hear anything from an adcom on my application. I have read few people on this forum have had to wait for almost a month. Should I still be hopeful? Is no news good news, or bad news? At what point should I send an email to the school to request an update on my application. As of today, the wait since submission is 19 days.

Any information would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
Jeet

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2015, 10:30
Hi Jeet! Just wanted to share my 2 cents!
I applied on 19th october a few hours before the fist deadline. I heard back from them after 27 days!!! So absolutely no need to worry. I think they will be super busy with round 1 till 18th December. So I believe you should not worry much till December end.
All the very best! Keep us posted

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 14

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Rotman '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 600 Q36 V36
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V33
WE: Other (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2015, 11:25
manyuabhi02 wrote:
Got in !!

Congratulations. Please update your applicant profile.

For those with admits, have you gotten any other correspondence from Rotman asides your admission package?

http://www.mummymba.blogspot.com.ng/

Current Student
B
Status: I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2015, 00:10
gauravpdutta wrote:
Hi Jeet! Just wanted to share my 2 cents!
I applied on 19th october a few hours before the fist deadline. I heard back from them after 27 days!!! So absolutely no need to worry. I think they will be super busy with round 1 till 18th December. So I believe you should not worry much till December end.
All the very best! Keep us posted

Hey gauravpdutta - Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Slightly comforting to know that they are busy at this time. I will continue the wait and maybe around Dec ME I will write to the school to request an update.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Anderson '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2015, 03:08
Finished my interview with Lynda on Friday. Nothing different as such than many questions provided earlier. FYI- Applied 1 day after round one deadline.

Is there an Indian Rotman Admit Whatsapp group- Just curious to know if anyone here knows how many Indians are in? They usually take in about 60. Would give a good idea of how many slots are left, for those of us eagerly awaiting results.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 6

Schools: Rotman '18 (A)

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2015, 03:21
varunshetty1 wrote:
Finished my interview with Lynda on Friday. Nothing different as such than many questions provided earlier. FYI- Applied 1 day after round one deadline.

Is there an Indian Rotman Admit Whatsapp group- Just curious to know if anyone here knows how many Indians are in? They usually take in about 60. Would give a good idea of how many slots are left, for those of us eagerly awaiting results.

Hey Varun,

Good luck for the interview decision! :)

Well, about the Rotman admit whatsapp group, there are quite a few who are already through, but then again, you would have to consider that not all of them would eventually join the program!
You have applied well ahead of the actual intake, so hopefully you should do fine!

Stay positive! 8-)

Cheers,
Stark

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 6

Current Student

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Anderson '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2015, 04:00
starkgmat wrote:
varunshetty1 wrote:

Hey Varun,

Good luck for the interview decision! :)

Well, about the Rotman admit whatsapp group, there are quite a few who are already through, but then again, you would have to consider that not all of them would eventually join the program!
You have applied well ahead of the actual intake, so hopefully you should do fine!

Stay positive! 8-)

Cheers,
Stark

Haha. Yes I shall be :-)

Thanks!

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 403

GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2015, 04:47
Hey Varun.

Good luck. We already have 4 Varuns in our what's app and Google group. PM when you're in.

varunshetty1 wrote:

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Current Student

GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2015, 04:48
Hey Varun.

Good luck. We already have 4 Varuns in our what's app and Google group. PM when you're in.

varunshetty1 wrote:

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2015, 10:08
I applied in round 1 on last day of deadline.
Wanted to know if the interview calls for rotman round 1 are still rolling out?
Since the decision date is 18th Dec, is there any possibility that interview calls might still come?

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 16 [1], given: 0

Schools: Rotman '16 (M)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2015, 19:25
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hey guys, hopefully all is going well. This is Josh, class of 2016 and currently in my 2nd year Rotman MBA student. I just finished my Fall term and just wanted to say hi. gmatclub helped me tremendously with my gmat and understanding more about MBAs in overall.
Congratulations to everyone who got in, and congratulations to those who are considering MBA as well even if it might not be Rotman.

My advice for those who got in looking back past two years:
1. Enjoy your remaining time to the fullest.
Spend time with your family, friends, travel. Anything. Rotman has plenty of resources to get you prepared as school term draws near. You will be very busy as school starts, so use that time what you want to get out of Rotman MBA, network with some current students and alumnis as well as prospective students.

2. Try studying basic excel and statistics or data analytics course.
Excel and statistical analytics based on data will be used frequently at school, so whenever you get a chance, try taking some free courses from coursera or edx. No need to overkill, but these are very useful to know.

In terms of school experiences, there are abundant resources to get you familiarized:
1. Student blogs
Yes, we have current student blogs who write their school experiences and I have one too, which was featured on gmatclub as well.
http://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/M ... Blogs.aspx

2. Ambassadors
Many current MBA students have volunteered their time to help incoming students with advice about Rotman and MBA.
http://www-2.rotman.utoronto.ca/sitecor ... zards.aspx
You can sort by field of interest and send them an email for questions.

If you have any questions, I'm also more than happy to answer them by email or through my blog.

Cheers,
Josh

Kudos [?]: 16 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2015, 12:34
uwengdori wrote:
Hey guys, hopefully all is going well. This is Josh, class of 2016 and currently in my 2nd year Rotman MBA student. I just finished my Fall term and just wanted to say hi. gmatclub helped me tremendously with my gmat and understanding more about MBAs in overall.
Congratulations to everyone who got in, and congratulations to those who are considering MBA as well even if it might not be Rotman.

My advice for those who got in looking back past two years:
1. Enjoy your remaining time to the fullest.
Spend time with your family, friends, travel. Anything. Rotman has plenty of resources to get you prepared as school term draws near. You will be very busy as school starts, so use that time what you want to get out of Rotman MBA, network with some current students and alumnis as well as prospective students.

2. Try studying basic excel and statistics or data analytics course.
Excel and statistical analytics based on data will be used frequently at school, so whenever you get a chance, try taking some free courses from coursera or edx. No need to overkill, but these are very useful to know.

In terms of school experiences, there are abundant resources to get you familiarized:
1. Student blogs
Yes, we have current student blogs who write their school experiences and I have one too, which was featured on gmatclub as well.
http://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/M ... Blogs.aspx

2. Ambassadors
Many current MBA students have volunteered their time to help incoming students with advice about Rotman and MBA.
http://www-2.rotman.utoronto.ca/sitecor ... zards.aspx
You can sort by field of interest and send them an email for questions.

If you have any questions, I'm also more than happy to answer them by email or through my blog.

Cheers,
Josh

Hey Josh! Thank you so much for this! Really appreciate it!

Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2015, 14:39
Hi guys, I have my interview on Friday. Has anyone been interviewed by Tara? If yes, what was the experience like? Also, an input or tips on what I should prep for asides my resume and the Why Rotman and why MBA now questions are welcome.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2015, 15:27
Hey!
I had my interview a few days back...hope this helps...
Take my through your resume
Why mba and why now
Why rotman
What do you do for fun
Example of networking
A professional achievement you are really proud of (leadership)
How will you add value to rotman
What motivates you
A failure and what did you learn
What is your long term goal (should be in line with essay )
How will you adjust to Canada
What does success mean to you
What do you do to constantly develop yourself
A time when you had to convince your manager of something difficult
Strengths/weaknesses (wasn't asked but good to be prepared)

And finally, do you have any questions for me

Hope this helps! All the very best and keep us posted!

Cheers
Gaurav

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2015, 00:16
Hello, has anyone received a reject mail from Rotman?
I had interviewed on the 25th of Nov and was told to expect a reply by the 5th or the week after that. I haven't heard anything yet - and I see quite a few people on this forum have been admitted during that time - so I'm sort of on edge.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2015, 05:46
Hi,

I'm currently completing my MBA application for Rotman and I'm working on the video interview.

Could anyone provide any insights on the questions asked? I'm aware of the format, but any examples you could share would be helpful.

Also, does this component hold a lot of weightage in relation to the admission decision?

Thank you,
Divya

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2015, 07:19
gauravpdutta wrote:
Hey!
I had my interview a few days back...hope this helps...
Take my through your resume
Why mba and why now
Why rotman
What do you do for fun
Example of networking
A professional achievement you are really proud of (leadership)
How will you add value to rotman
What motivates you
A failure and what did you learn
What is your long term goal (should be in line with essay )
How will you adjust to Canada
What does success mean to you
What do you do to constantly develop yourself
A time when you had to convince your manager of something difficult
Strengths/weaknesses (wasn't asked but good to be prepared)

And finally, do you have any questions for me

Hope this helps! All the very best and keep us posted!

Cheers
Gaurav

Thanks a lot. Will definitely keep the forum posted. Fingers crossed.

Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 13 Dec 2015, 07:19

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  25    Next  [ 486 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap