Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 17:25 It is currently 14 May 2024, 17:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: PMI
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 660 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V32
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1138 [0]
Given Kudos: 420
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V35
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi All,

I'm in for R2 :). Request inputs on the following question:

It is clearly stated that at the start of 2nd year, a student can choose a major or choose courses from different electives.
Now, can someone choose a major and still take electives along with it? Or should we choose all our courses from the electives available according to our needs?

Thanks,
Kunal
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
WE:Marketing (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
KunalV21 wrote:
Hi All,

It is clearly stated that at the start of 2nd year, a student can choose a major or choose courses from different electives.
Now, can someone choose a major and still take electives along with it? Or should we choose all our courses from the electives available according to our needs?

Thanks,
Kunal

Hi , so I had my interview a few days back and was given the following explanation.
You just need to complete the requirements to have majored in a field , so you could major in 2 or 3 subjects and pick electives. The choice is all yours. Your degree will just say MBA - Rotman
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V35
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
Send PM
gsr89 wrote:
KunalV21 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks,
Kunal

Hi , so I had my interview a few days back and was given the following explanation.
You just need to complete the requirements to have majored in a field , so you could major in 2 or 3 subjects and pick electives. The choice is all yours. Your degree will just say MBA - Rotman

So, can we just opt for electives from different areas instead of picking a major altogether? I'm asking this since their website says 'if you do 4 or more courses from one elective, you can highlight it as your major' or something similar to this.

I look forward to customizing my course as I want to study a mix of diff electives to match the requirement of my post-MBA industry.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
KunalV21 wrote:
gsr89 wrote:
KunalV21 wrote:
Hi All,

It is clearly stated that at the start of the 2nd year, a student can choose a major or choose courses from different electives.

Thanks,
Kunal

So, can we just opt for electives from different areas instead of picking a major altogether? I'm asking this since their website says 'if you do 4 or more courses from one elective, you can highlight it as your major' or something similar to this.

I look forward to customizing my course as I want to study a mix of diff electives to match the requirement of my post-MBA industry.

So what i was told was that you can, as long as you complete the major requirements. So if the site says complete 4 electives , then you will have your major.
And i think your strategy is good, it might be better to diversify , just like you would with your investments.

Cheers.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
hey i am planning to apply to round 2 rotman mba 720 gmat indian it male.....any ideas what r my chances? i am not sure of any college anywhere since i belong to the despised category of Indian IT Males
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q36 V36
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V33
WE:Other (Consulting)
Send PM
AnotherIndianITmale wrote:
hey i am planning to apply to round 2 rotman mba 720 gmat indian it male.....any ideas what r my chances? i am not sure of any college anywhere since i belong to the despised category of Indian IT Males

I don't understand what you mean by despised category. Its true that the pool you belong to is quite competitive but it doesn't mean you are despised. No one can tell you what your chances are, its up to you to submit an application best representing who you are and showing the admissions officer why they should admit you. All the best in your application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
manyuabhi02 wrote:
Hello All,

I have had my interview on November 17. I have not heard anything from Rotman yet. My interview was taken by Ms. Lynda Paterson.

Can any one (who have already got the admit) tell me whether the acceptance mail is sent by Lynda herself or someone else ?

Thanks.

Abhimanyu

Hey Abhimanyu,
Lynda is actually in Calgary right now for some personal work. I had my interview scheduled last week but now it has been postponed to 1st December since she is keeping busy. I believe u will get a revert some time early next week as she will be back in school. Awaiting your positive result! All the very best!

Regards,
Gaurav
Intern
Intern
Send PM
manyuabhi02 wrote:
Hello All,

I have had my interview on November 17. I have not heard anything from Rotman yet. My interview was taken by Ms. Lynda Paterson.

Can any one (who have already got the admit) tell me whether the acceptance mail is sent by Lynda herself or someone else ?

Thanks.

Abhimanyu

Hey Abhimanyu,
Lynda is actually in Calgary right now for some personal work. I had my interview scheduled last week but now it has been postponed to 1st December since she is keeping busy. I believe u will get a revert some time early next week as she will be back in school. Awaiting your positive result! All the very best!

Regards,
Gaurav
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
If anyone has the time please evaluate my profile- Indian IT male candidate with more than 2.5 years work ex as quality associate. What are my chances at Rotman.Applying 2nd round:

Academic Background:-
Jaypee Institute of Information Technology 2012 batch
Bachelor of Technology
• Specialization- Computer Science and Engineering
• Percentage – 60%(I know it's not gr8)
• ISTQB Foundation Level Certified
• Languages- English,Hindi,Spanish(Basic)

GMAT- 720(Q-47,V-42, AWA-6, IR-5)(retaking in 2-3 weeks before isb deadline to get 750+)

Professional Work Experience:-

NAGARRO SOFTWARE, Gurgaon, Haryana November, 2014- Present
Associate, Quality
• Led a 4 member team consisting of 3 testers and 1 developer to successfully reduce the number of open production issues
• Promoted within 8 months of joining the organization due to exceptional performance and handling of the module

QA INFOTECH, Noida, Uttar Pradesh June, 2013 – November, 2014
Software Testing Engineer
• Managed a successful module for the client Harvard Business School and ATI, effectively leading a team of 3 testers
• Led a team of 3 including 1 visually impaired colleague for accessibility and usability testing of a mobile application for visually disabled end-users
• Prepared test automation framework as part of automation team to ensure efficient testing and reliable results.

CMC, Noida, Uttar Pradesh November, 2012 – May, 2013
Software Trainee
• Underwent full time training in Microsoft Dot Net Technologies to enhance my technology skill set from CMC- A subsidiary of Tata Consultancy Services
• Secured an ‘A’ grade (>75% marks) upon completion of the training program

Extra Curricular:-
• As member of Toastmasters International organize weekly toastmaster sessions and help others to overcome their inhibitions in public speaking
• Participated in Airtel Delhi Half Marathon and Decathlon Noida 10K Run - completed the Delhi half marathon in approximately 85 minutes
• As Member of Jaypee Youth Club- organized quiz and debate events in annual cultural festival ‘JIVE’ in 2010 and 2011
• Student volunteer in International Conference on Contemporary Computing held by JIIT in collaboration with University of Florida
• Volunteered for Nagarro Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives by coordinating Tree Plantation and Blood Donation drives.
• As part of CRY I was involved as a volunteer in the event ‘Colorothon’ in November, 2014 in Delhi. The event was a platform for people to show their artist skills and .involved participation of more than 2000 people
• Represented QA Infotech in Concern for India’s 5Cs 5 kilometer marathon where I stood 4th among more than 100 runners and completed the race in less than 18 minutes.
• As volunteer for CRY participated in Max Bupa Walk for Health to raise awareness about health issues and child rights.
• As part of NGO RS Foundation- I taught poor meritorious students subjects such as Maths and English to help them enter the mainstream education system

Future Goal:- Technology consultant with companies such as McKinsey and Bain
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: PMI
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
aderayo2002 wrote:
AnotherIndianITmale wrote:

I don't understand what you mean by despised category. Its true that the pool you belong to is quite competitive but it doesn't mean you are despised. No one can tell you what your chances are, its up to you to submit an application best representing who you are and showing the admissions officer why they should admit you. All the best in your application.

Never start with a 'sorry'. You know yourself best, from birth till now. So think hard and find out everything that says you are better than the rest in the pool you are in. Jot them down and then narrow them into 3-4 strong points. Then convert these into actionable and interesting stories. And you are done!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Hello, people.

I'm new to GMAT Club, but I do have an admit for the 2016 intake from Round 1 so I thought I'd say hello to some of my potential classmates.
I'm Indian, have a tech background, with a GRE of 334 (GMAT equivalent: 750), and have about 1.5 years experience as a start-up co-founder. Interviewed in Delhi with Leigh Gauthier on September the 29th, and got my acceptance on the 20th of October.

Happy to be here, and looking forward to meeting some of you guys at Rotman's India reception for admitted students in Delhi!

Cheers.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jchensfamily wrote:
applelina1234 wrote:
Any Chinese got admitted? Had my interview on November 8 but was told that they were on the MBA tour. Wonder when I will get a result or a ding. So anxious. :(

I had my interview on Nov. 10th and I am Chinese too. I was told that because they were on the MBA tours, they will give me a result before the end of the month. Still waiting... Finger crossed.

Any updates on the result? Can't believe I am still waiting!!! Fingers crossed and good luck to all!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi,

I had my interview with Rotman on 9th November. Today, I received one email from Lynda Paterson that I am a select for class of 2018.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Titir wrote:
Hi,

I had my interview with Rotman on 9th November. Today, I received one email from Lynda Paterson that I am a select for class of 2018.

Congratulations. Could you update your stats in your profile?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got my acceptance letter today .
Got into Rotman :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gsr89 wrote:
Got my acceptance letter today .
Got into Rotman :)

Congratulations. Any scholarship?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey everyone, love seeing everyone getting admitted!

I've been on GMATCLUB for over a year now, I recently graduated out of University in April. I'm only 22, but would love to do my MBA at Rotman.

I don't see many people posting their Work Experience on here...I currently work in the Government in HR, and my contract is up in a few months. I feel that I could extend it, but want relevant work experience...could you guys post your work experience?

I know some of you are in the process of getting interviews and are waiting on decision, but just a few responses could seriously help me in the next stage of my career and help me make my decision!!

I wish you all success and am very interested in what you all have to say - including giving me any advice on how B schools usually look at Government experience, considering I live in Ottawa and the private sector here BARELY exists! I am looking to move to Toronto very soon, so that's also an option.

Thanks!!!!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  25   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts