Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 09:59 It is currently 06 May 2024, 09:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
rajeshrkv wrote:
cyberjadugar wrote:
When does the interview calls start for Indian applicants?
Anyone from hyderabad here.

I am from NCR waiting for the call as well!!

I think this highly depends on when in the cycle you submitted/completed your application. I personally got the interview email from Kellogg less than a couple of hours after I submitted my video essay. Further, during my alumni interview, the interviewer spent a couple of minutes initially explaining to me that "most candidates who apply early" get to interview, but that requests sometimes get waived for even great Indian candidates based on the availability of alumni. In case you haven't gotten an invite yet but the school shows interest in your candidacy, they'll likely schedule a Skype interview.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Hormazd91 wrote:
rajeshrkv wrote:
cyberjadugar wrote:
When does the interview calls start for Indian applicants?
Anyone from hyderabad here.

I am from NCR waiting for the call as well!!

I think this highly depends on when in the cycle you submitted/completed your application. I personally got the interview email from Kellogg less than a couple of hours after I submitted my video essay. Further, during my alumni interview, the interviewer spent a couple of minutes initially explaining to me that "most candidates who apply early" get to interview, but that requests sometimes get waived for even great Indian candidates based on the availability of alumni. In case you haven't gotten an invite yet but the school shows interest in your candidacy, they'll likely schedule a Skype interview.

I did submit at the last moment!!!

Fingers crossed!!!

Best of luck to everyone!!!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
My interview lasted 1 hour and 45 minutes. A good hour on the interview itself, he had a questionnaire with tons of questions (the usual). And 45 minutes was just a very pleasant conversation in our language. I think it went really well!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
What could be the logic behind some people receiving skype interviews and some receiving alumni interviews even within the same city?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kelloggkv wrote:
What could be the logic behind some people receiving skype interviews and some receiving alumni interviews even within the same city?

It's probably due to alumni availability. I heard they only assign a few interviews to each alum, which makes sense when you think about it. So I guess it's either a first come first served basis, or because of similar industries/career lines. I think it may be the former.

If I get accepted I promise I'll do as many interviews as Kellogg wants!!! I should've mentioned that in my essay! :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
Schools: Ross '19 (WA)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 1
Send PM
Has anyone in Australia got an interview invite as yet?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.7
WE:General Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Interview done...Intense 1:10mins.

Goodluck peeps
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Done as well, 1.30 hours, very conversational, alum was really chilled out and showed genuine interest in what I was doing! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For how many of you has it happened during the Video Interview Question, that you ran out of time before completing your point? Or that you are not quite satisfied about your performance in the video interview question?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kelloggkv wrote:
For how many of you has it happened during the Video Interview Question, that you ran out of time before completing your point? Or that you are not quite satisfied about your performance in the video interview question?

This happened to me during the 2nd question (behavioural)....I was cut off mid sentence. Feel terrible about it.

Sent from my Mi 4i using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hormazd91 wrote:
Kelloggkv wrote:

This happened to me during the 2nd question (behavioural)....I was cut off mid sentence. Feel terrible about it.

Exactly same thing happened in the behavioral question to me too.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51482 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
bitspankaj wrote:
Done as well, 1.30 hours, very conversational, alum was really chilled out and showed genuine interest in what I was doing! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know. All the best man. I hope you get some good news very soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Tuck '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kelloggkv wrote:

I was fortunate in that I didn't run out of time (I had practiced a few times for the main question just to make sure I wasn't going to be grossly over time or something) but I noticed I did start speaking a little quicker towards the end :roll:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Kelloggkv wrote:
Hormazd91 wrote:
Kelloggkv wrote:

Exactly same thing happened in the behavioral question to me too.

Seems like the general trend. Not sure if it's a bit deal or not though. Hopefully not.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Send PM
I, too, got cut off during one of my questions.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Kudos
me too.. but lets not think too much about it..it is very natural and normal..there are other parts of applications that can easily compensate for such minor things..I mean despite going through such a hectic process if cutting off in the video essay is going to be the deal breaker then I am better off not going to such school..And i am sure Kellogg is not that kind of school..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi,

Has anyone received interview invites in the last 2 weeks. The last invites I saw on this forum were in the last week of Sept.

Cheers,
RV
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts