Last visit was: 19 May 2024, 05:44 It is currently 19 May 2024, 05:44
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10064 [0]
Given Kudos: 4547
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10064 [0]
Given Kudos: 4547
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.91
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.86
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: UNC Kenan Flagler Class of 2019: Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]
I'm planning to enroll but still debating whether or not to quickly apply to more schools in Round 2
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 690 Q40 V44
GMAT 2: 670 Q46 V36
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
Re: UNC Kenan Flagler Class of 2019: Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]
I'm weighing options at the moment. Also have admits from Duke and Emory (with partial scholarship).

Makes for a tough decision, because I really like the Leadership Development program that UNC has.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kbali wrote:
I'm weighing options at the moment. Also have admits from Duke and Emory (with partial scholarship).

Makes for a tough decision, because I really like the Leadership Development program that UNC has.

I ended up only accepted at UNC of all my first round apps. I really like UNC so I accepted already. It was a pretty easy decision since I had no other options (other than filling out more apps for 2nd round). Is it Duke with partial scholarship or both Duke and Emory offered partial scholarship? What about UNC?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tarheel2015 wrote:
I'm planning to enroll but still debating whether or not to quickly apply to more schools in Round 2

What other schools are you thinking of? I thought briefly about applying to more in Round 2, but I probably can't get into a better school and UNC offered ($$) so I'm just accepting UNC.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.86
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
dagthepowerful wrote:
Tarheel2015 wrote:

What other schools are you thinking of? I thought briefly about applying to more in Round 2, but I probably can't get into a better school and UNC offered ($$) so I'm just accepting UNC.

I am thinking about applying to MIT Sloan and Wharton, but I received a full tuition fellowship from UNC so not sure if it's worth it to apply to more schools. Was the money your main deciding factor to not apply to more schools or did anything else draw you to accept UNC?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tarheel2015 wrote:
dagthepowerful wrote:
Tarheel2015 wrote:

I am thinking about applying to MIT Sloan and Wharton, but I received a full tuition fellowship from UNC so not sure if it's worth it to apply to more schools. Was the money your main deciding factor to not apply to more schools or did anything else draw you to accept UNC?

Money was definitely a big piece of it. The fact that I got rejected at all the other schools I applied to makes me think I don't have a good chance at most better schools. Maybe I could get in to a 10-15 ranked school that might have a higher rank than UNC, but I'm not sure it would be any better in terms of my career outcomes. And UNC offered a great scholarship, so it would be hard for me to justify picking a 10-15 school with no scholarship over UNC with scholarship. For me, I feel like I would have to get into a top 6 or 7 school to choose it over UNC with scholarship (that's just me, others will likely feel differently). And since I got rejected at three top 10 schools and one top 15, it just seems unlikely I'll get into a school that would make it worth it to go there over UNC with scholarship. Also, I have family in the area which is nice. Also, I think UNC benefits from being so close to Duke. Some recruiters will go to both schools since they're so close to each other. But mainly for me, it was the nice scholarship at UNC and the fact that I had gotten rejected at all the top 10 schools.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Similar experience here Dag, Rejected at better schools, got into UNC with $$. Debated over the holidays about rushing and trying to fill out applications and write essays before the January deadlines, but ultimately decided against it. Similar mindset here in that I was thinking I'd have to get top 10 to really influence my career trajectory, and since I didn't even get a WL at Duke or Tuck, not sure its worth the ~5% chance. So I will be in Chapel Hill next year! Super Excited
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
I got into UNC, without any $$.

Was expecting some scholarships. Don't feel like going to UNC now. Looking at ISB in R2.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
Send PM
kbali wrote:

hi kbali,

I'm in the same boat, did you finalized on anything yet?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.4
WE:Supply Chain Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
For those who also received full tuition scholarships/fellowships, does anyone know the requirements (GPA etc.) to maintain it?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Top Contributor
BASSLJ wrote:
For those who also received full tuition scholarships/fellowships, does anyone know the requirements (GPA etc.) to maintain it?

There is no GPA requirement per say.
Infact the school does not disclose your GPA. We have an alphabetical grading system here that makes our lives really easy :)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Top Contributor
I can understand the confusion that you might be having in deciding the school.
I was also in the same boat last year. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Hi,

What is the initial deposit at UNC to reserve your place in the program?
Also, how many days do you get to decide after your admitted?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
akshay2301 wrote:
Hi,

What is the initial deposit at UNC to reserve your place in the program?
Also, how many days do you get to decide after your admitted?

https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/admiss ... -deadlines
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GRE 1: Q157 V168
GPA: 3.62
WE:Account Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I got in yesterday and was wondering if there are any networking things I am missing out on? I signed up for the Facebook page last night and am planning on going to the Admitted Student's Weekend. Anybody else planning on going?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Hey Hornet, I will be at accepted student's weekend also. I don't believe there is anything else prior to that.
See ya there!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1509 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Top Contributor
Can anyone share his/her interview experience with Indian alum?

- cj
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts