Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 23:21 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Technology
Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE:Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Hey guys, just a reminder to update your decision tracker status for Queen's when you get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Hey Folks,
has anyone got any mail saying that they (Queen's Adcom) will be reviewing all the files soon and that they would like to have another skype call to discuss the results?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
DerrickRose23 wrote:
Hey Folks,
has anyone got any mail saying that they (Queen's Adcom) will be reviewing all the files soon and that they would like to have another skype call to discuss the results?

I haven't heard of that, can you let us know what was the result?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Submitted in April and got an interview on April 13th. The admission officer said that decision would be made in one week.

However, haven't got any update till now. I wrote emails to the admission officer who interviewed me and my admission advisor, no reply either.

Does anyone know what I can do now?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
charon113 wrote:
Submitted in April and got an interview on April 13th. The admission officer said that decision would be made in one week.

However, haven't got any update till now. I wrote emails to the admission officer who interviewed me and my admission advisor, no reply either.

The admissions committee meets Thursdays and Fridays I believe, so it's possible they made a decision, and will let you know by end of business day tomorrow.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3
Send PM
MBABoss wrote:
DerrickRose23 wrote:
Hey Folks,

I haven't heard of that, can you let us know what was the result?

They told me they will be reviewing all the files on Monday morning and will let me know the results over a Skype call in evening

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBABoss wrote:
charon113 wrote:

The admissions committee meets Thursdays and Fridays I believe, so it's possible they made a decision, and will let you know by end of business day tomorrow.

charon113, did you hear from them on Friday?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
GMAT 1: 550 Q48 V18
GRE 1: Q790 V490
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Dear All,
Can someone please share the list of recommeded books readings for the first year MBA. Help appreciated.
Thanks
M.S
Queens MBA Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 379 [2]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hi,

I am Vishwa, a Current FTMBA student at queens.

Congratulation who received an admit and best of luck who are still in process.

These days I don't check Gmat club often, if you need any help then please email me on vishwaprakash.s@gmail.comwith the subject line as "Queens MBA -19 Applicant".

If you have already received an admit, you should consider getting in touch with current class, to know more about the program, school and city.

Best Regards,
Vishwa
Queens MBA Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 379 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Send PM
# Responding to PM

General Idea

1. Cover Letter -
Express your interest in the program.
Why MBA,
Pre-MBA life and how MBA will complement your Pre-MBA life to achieve Post MBA goals.
Why Queens

Tips: Keep it short, simple and interesting.

2. Video Interview stage
Generic behavioral questions.

Tips: Practice well before the interview. Dress professionally. Be confident. Make sure to complete within the time limit.

3. Personal Interview.

Friendly conversational interview with Adcom, to understand your goals and your fit in the program.
Tips: Be yourself and be Genuine.

Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Hello everyone....Joining your league guys. Applying for Queens. Planning to complete my application package by 15th May. is it late?

Few questions:
1) Can someone pls confirm if original transcripts and official score need to be submitted before a provisional admission is offered? Asked my advisor a few days back. no revert yet.
2) Is there any ranking exist between Queens, Rotman and Ivey. You can add other schools also if required. I plan to apply to top 3 of Canada.
3) Does higher work-ex means a problem? I have just completed 8 years in sales and marketing in CPG industry.
4) How good is Queens for consulting vis-a-vis other Canada schools?

These 4 for now. Any kind of info will be really appreciated.

Thanks.
R
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I have a face to face interview with Matt from Queen's. He is visiting Mumbai on 20 May 2017. Anyone else?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
amazingmat wrote:
Hello everyone....Joining your league guys. Applying for Queens. Planning to complete my application package by 15th May. is it late?

Few questions:
1) Can someone pls confirm if original transcripts and official score need to be submitted before a provisional admission is offered? Asked my advisor a few days back. no revert yet.
2) Is there any ranking exist between Queens, Rotman and Ivey. You can add other schools also if required. I plan to apply to top 3 of Canada.
3) Does higher work-ex means a problem? I have just completed 8 years in sales and marketing in CPG industry.

Thanks.
R

1. I can't speak for international, but for domestic applicants they needed the official transcripts before my profile went to admissions committee. You can begin your application with unofficial transcripts.

2. Traditionally in Canada, these are the top three MBA programs. At one point Queens was ranked #1 in Canada, and #4 outside the United States, but these rankings fluctuate year to year. I'd say Ivey has the best reputation in Canada for Finance, And Rotman also places well for Finance. Queen's makes excellent managers and strategists.

3. Queen's is likely the best MBA program for consulting, and strategy. They tend to like applicants who can bring managerial experience to class discussion. I think you'll fit in well with your 8 years of experience and career goals.

4. Answered in the above

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Pratikagarwal1989 wrote:
I have a face to face interview with Matt from Queen's. He is visiting Mumbai on 20 May 2017. Anyone else?

Congrats, let us know how the interview goes

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBABoss wrote:
Pratikagarwal1989 wrote:

Congrats, let us know how the interview goes

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBABoss wrote:
amazingmat wrote:

Few questions:

Thanks.
R

1. I can't speak for international, but for domestic applicants they needed the official transcripts before my profile went to admissions committee. You can begin your application with unofficial transcripts.

2. Traditionally in Canada, these are the top three MBA programs. At one point Queens was ranked #1 in Canada, and #4 outside the United States, but these rankings fluctuate year to year. I'd say Ivey has the best reputation in Canada for Finance, And Rotman also places well for Finance. Queen's makes excellent managers and strategists.

3. Queen's is likely the best MBA program for consulting, and strategy. They tend to like applicants who can bring managerial experience to class discussion. I think you'll fit in well with your 8 years of experience and career goals.

4. Answered in the above

Thanks a ton. I am also told I can get an interview slot if i finish my application file on time. Running against the time now.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Monisha
I too have an interview scheduled on 23rd May. Anyone else getting in-person interviewed in India?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts