Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 17:18 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GMAT 2: 660 Q39 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
DreamyEyed wrote:
Hi All,

Any idea if we need to send the official TOEFL score to the Haas admissions office? From what I understood it would take more than a week or two, for TOEFL to send the official score to the selected schools and the Round 2 deadline is just round the corner.

Couldn't figure out if self-reporting is sufficient to be considered for review in this round.

Thanks a lot in anticipation!

https://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/admission ... tml#Scores
All exams (GMAT, GRE, TOEFL) must be taken on or before the deadline for the round in which you apply. Please self-report your scores on the application, and request to have your official scores sent to us.

It's OK to use self-reported scores on application and mail the offical score after the deadline as long as you took the test before the deadline. :thumbup:
Denied
21 Sep, 2017
27 Dec 2017, 08:24
nsacheri GMAT: 720, Q49, V40; GPA: 3.1; WE: 40 months; Argentina; via Email [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mosat wrote:
DreamyEyed wrote:
Hi All,

Any idea if we need to send the official TOEFL score to the Haas admissions office? From what I understood it would take more than a week or two, for TOEFL to send the official score to the selected schools and the Round 2 deadline is just round the corner.

Couldn't figure out if self-reporting is sufficient to be considered for review in this round.

https://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/admission ... tml#Scores
All exams (GMAT, GRE, TOEFL) must be taken on or before the deadline for the round in which you apply. Please self-report your scores on the application, and request to have your official scores sent to us.

It's OK to use self-reported scores on application and mail the offical score after the deadline as long as you took the test before the deadline. :thumbup:

Great to know this :). Thank you so much for your kind response! Really appreciate. Wish you a very Happy Holiday Season and all the best for Round 2.
Denied
21 Sep, 2017
27 Dec 2017, 12:20
Private, GMAT: 720, Q47, V41; GPA: 3.77; WE: 36 months; United States, DC; via Email [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Schools: Darden '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
DreamyEyed wrote:
Hi All,

But how would you self report? Unlike GMAT, TOEFL does not provide an unofficial score as the scoring is done manually for the speaking and writing sections and that takes ~2 weeks.

Anyway, good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Anyone else waiting for a late R1 decision? I interviewed after the R1 decision announcement date and was told my result will be released in the first week January...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I noticed what seems to be a bug in Haas' application portal and am curious if it's just me or if others have seen this. On the Employment module, I have entered End Dates for all my positions, but only the Start Date is shown; the End Date is blank on the main screen. This causes the jobs to be listed in chronological order instead of reverse chronology (i.e., not beginning with the most recent position). Anyone else can confirm this is also the case for them? Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
For Essay #2's 2nd prompt, would it be a risk to use an experience where I will be making a positive and lasting impact soon but not before the application deadline? I'd like to talk about an on-going volunteer experience that will have a big, city-wide impact in two weeks... But I'm afraid talking about something in the future with this prompt might come off as negative.

Should I just keep that volunteer and future event info solely in my extra curricular section and not write it in Essay #2?

Any advice would be great! Thank you in advance :)
Invited to Interview
14 Dec, 2017
04 Jan 2018, 00:47
gooner171 GMAT: 740, Q48, V42; via Email [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Filthydelphia wrote:
I noticed what seems to be a bug in Haas' application portal and am curious if it's just me or if others have seen this. On the Employment module, I have entered End Dates for all my positions, but only the Start Date is shown; the End Date is blank on the main screen. This causes the jobs to be listed in chronological order instead of reverse chronology (i.e., not beginning with the most recent position). Anyone else can confirm this is also the case for them? Thank you.

Too late perhaps, but I can confirm.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [3]
Given Kudos: 42
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Kudos
Hi guys, I'm sure everyone received the same e-mail from Haas, but just wanted to post this in case people missed the e-mail from Morgan Bernstein:

"If you were planning to submit your Berkeley Haas application for Round 2, please be advised that the deadline has been extended to Sunday, January 7 at 11:59 pm PST.

Though the sun shines here in California, we're aware that most of the East Coast of the United States is experiencing a winter storm of historic proportions. Given the widespread and severe impact of this storm — including power outages, business closures, and airport shutdowns — we're extending our Round 2 deadline. We hope this will provide some relief to the thousands of prospective applicants who have been affected by the storm.

Please don't hesitate to contact us at mbaadm@haas.berkeley.edu with any questions."

I'm really wowed by Haas' generous and empathetic move. It makes the institution even more attractive! :)

Good luck all on your applications!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Filthydelphia wrote:

I can confirm. The end dates were blank.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Kudos
Is there a separate forum for waitlisted candidates?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 141
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.65
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
gooner171 wrote:
Is there a separate forum for waitlisted candidates?

create it and lead the way:)
Waitlisted
14 Dec, 2017
09 Jan 2018, 22:26
gooner171 GMAT: 740, Q48, V42; via Email [#permalink]
Denied
14 Dec, 2017
10 Jan 2018, 17:53
Private, GMAT: 730, Q49, V40; GPA: 3.84; via Email [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
yukidaruma wrote:
Hi guys, I'm sure everyone received the same e-mail from Haas, but just wanted to post this in case people missed the e-mail from Morgan Bernstein:

"If you were planning to submit your Berkeley Haas application for Round 2, please be advised that the deadline has been extended to Sunday, January 7 at 11:59 pm PST.

Though the sun shines here in California, we're aware that most of the East Coast of the United States is experiencing a winter storm of historic proportions. Given the widespread and severe impact of this storm — including power outages, business closures, and airport shutdowns — we're extending our Round 2 deadline. We hope this will provide some relief to the thousands of prospective applicants who have been affected by the storm.

Please don't hesitate to contact us at mbaadm@haas.berkeley.edu with any questions."

I'm really wowed by Haas' generous and empathetic move. It makes the institution even more attractive! :)

Good luck all on your applications!

Just came across this. I did not get any such mail. In fact, I got a mail on 4th from HAAS reminding me that the deadline was 4th and that I should submit my app by that day. Could this be geography specific?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  27   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts