Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 723 [33]
Given Kudos: 294
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Send PM
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
procman wrote:
UM1 wrote:
procman wrote:
Can somebody also shed some light on how is the scholarship awarded and what is the probability of somebody getting one? What was the minimum score(I have seen a 740 getting a full waiver) to which merit based scholarship was provided last year or stats like that?

My friend who has a 760 got 15% last year

Posted from my mobile device

That means 5 lacs? Seems pretty low for a 760 guy.

5 lacs, round 2. Ya seems low.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi... I have two queries... I want to know what weightage is given to the interview in final selection? Next, I have heard a rumour about the panel that had a lady as a member... Something right or wrong about it... Just a rumour...Has anybody else heard anything like this?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [3]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
Kudos
priyanshuis wrote:
Hi... I have two queries... I want to know what weightage is given to the interview in final selection? Next, I have heard a rumour about the panel that had a lady as a member... Something right or wrong about it... Just a rumour...Has anybody else heard anything like this?

What's the rumor. I had two lady interviewers. I wish that all candidates interviewed by lady interviewers be selected. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
priyanshuis wrote:

What does that even mean. Write the whole thing
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
There is something else... During my interview, while I was replying to them... the two panelists looked at each other and nodded.. It happened a couple of times...What does it mean...

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [10]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Kudos
priyanshuis wrote:
There is something else... During my interview, while I was replying to them... the two panelists looked at each other and nodded.. It happened a couple of times...What does it mean...

Hi Priyanshuis,

I know what is happening with you - what you read below, you must take with a pinch of salt.
I am a reapplicant this year - I rushed into the application process last year, and the result was not good.
But an even bigger effect of rushing into the process was that I started to overanalyse everything. Not to say that you have rushed too, but the process has a way of getting to the best of us.

I overanalysed and asked questions on forums about promotional emails that I received, asked about the reactions of interviewer, things like what does it mean when they say good luck to you at the end.

To be honest, I am still doing it this year at times. But the problem is - none of it means anything. They will not give away anything worth your thought until they decide to release the decisions.

Maybe they were looking at each other and thinking that your answers make sense, they were amazed and trying to gauge the reaction of the other panellists if they are amazed too.
Or maybe they were just getting a non-verbal consent with each other that your answers are nonsense, and they were nodding in agreement with each other (maybe they decided on this cue beforehand?)

But here's the thing. Even if your interview was amazing, while releasing the decision, they may look at your application, and say 'nah, the interview did not cover the inadequacies we were concerned about' and do not give you an admit. OR your interview was not as good - but they look at your application, and say, 'you know what, this guy may have been nervous on that day, but he is amazing otherwise on other parameters' – and they may then grant you an admit.

You will only drive yourself crazy thinking about these things. So, it is best to just engage yourself in work or hobbies - and forget about it until the call comes.

Hope this helps you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
priyanshuis wrote:

No I was asking about the rumour. What about that panel?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GPA: 4
WE:Brand Management (Retail)
Send PM
Hey!

I was going through some old posts. What is the source of 8:5:1 ratio that we are talking about? If this is true then it means that 62.5% of all applicants get an interview invite . And interview to final conversion is only 20%.

Also, is the trend same for Round 1? If the answer is YES, then getting a final conversion is way tougher than getting an interview invite. :roll: :dream:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q41 V49
GPA: 3.96
WE:Other (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
UM1 wrote:
priyanshuis wrote:

No I was asking about the rumor. What about that panel?

It is natural to be anxious about the results, but being patient is what we can do. In most school interviews are graded once the interview is finished and then the score is added to the score assigned to the rest of your application. Scores are assigned to components such as academic performance, GMAT score, work experience, achievements , extracurricular activities, profile diversity and interview performance. Then the total score is compared among all the interviewed candidates and admission offers are extended the desired number of candidates with the best scores. So even if you are interviewed the rest of the application still plays an important role getting the final nod. So, irrespective of whether they looked at each and nodded or said Good luck at the end, it doesn't mean anything.

So relax and wait for the results to be released on Nov 15th.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
6 more days!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
UM1 wrote:
6 more days!

U mean there is a Date they are announcing the results on, i do not see it on the Website or anywhere else ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
azadmd wrote:
UM1 wrote:
6 more days!

U mean there is a Date they are announcing the results on, i do not see it on the Website or anywhere else ?

15th Nov
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Kudos
priyanshuis wrote:

These are common in stress/reaction interviews..so be hopeful that it's a good sign and engage in other aspects of your life. Good luck.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
UM1 wrote:
6 more days!

Hope so :)
Senior Manager