GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2019, 19:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 02:24
UM1 wrote:
Had a small doubt:

I got the interview call 3 days before the interview. Does that rank me lower to applicants who got the calls 5-7 days prior?

Posted from my mobile device

No that doesn't mean anything.

To help you with the logic:

Your essays are reviewed by ISB admission team (comprising of officials and current students from your background) and once your application makes the cut, the interview call is rolled out. No application is ranked at the stage of sending interview invites.

All the Best !

Free Profile Evaluation, Unlimited hours of Essay Consulting & Interview Preparation
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GPA: 3.58
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 02:42
EssayPro
Are all the applications read before the first invite or are they read throughout the interview process.
In case the first is true,then we may assume that our application was awarded marks prior to the interview.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 03:13
Talayva wrote:
EssayPro
Are all the applications read before the first invite or are they read throughout the interview process.
In case the first is true,then we may assume that our application was awarded marks prior to the interview.

Every application (essay, achievements etc.) is read by atleast 2 people before an interview invite is rolled out.

I cannot comment on whether the weightage is provided at what stage. I am sure you know that ISB doesn't share GMAT score with panelists, if you see these can be done from the info provided with the application from backend.

Hope this helps.

All the Best !

Free Profile Evaluation, Unlimited hours of Essay Consulting & Interview Preparation
Retired Moderator
V
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 09:09
EssayPro wrote:
Talayva wrote:
EssayPro

Every application (essay, achievements etc.) is read by atleast 2 people before an interview invite is rolled out.

I cannot comment on whether the weightage is provided at what stage. I am sure you know that ISB doesn't share GMAT score with panelists, if you see these can be done from the info provided with the application from backend.

Hope this helps.

All the Best !

My school friend is an ISB alumni and he told me that your application is first "rated" by the current students. After that, it goes to the admission committee

The following information was shared by the adcom himself: The admission committee "rates" your application. After that an interview invitation is sent. You are "rated" for your interview as well. All these points are added together to arrive at a final score.

The students are then listed in the descending order and the person at the top receives the maximum scholarship. Members are given admission invitation on the basis of this final "score".
B
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
WE: Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 10:49
gmatexam439 wrote:
EssayPro wrote:
Talayva wrote:
EssayPro

Hope this helps.

All the Best !

My school friend is an ISB alumni and he told me that your application is first "rated" by the current students. After that, it goes to the admission committee

The following information was shared by the adcom himself: The admission committee "rates" your application. After that an interview invitation is sent. You are "rated" for your interview as well. All these points are added together to arrive at a final score.

The students are then listed in the descending order and the person at the top receives the maximum scholarship. Members are given admission invitation on the basis of this final "score".

Thank you for sharing this insight!
Even I have heard the same from a few of them.
Manager
S
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GPA: 3.58
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 12:47
gmatexam439 wrote:
EssayPro wrote:
Talayva wrote:
EssayPro

Hope this helps.

All the Best!

My school friend is an ISB Alumni and he told me that your application is first "rated" by the current students. After that, it goes to the admission committee

The following information was shared by the Adcom himself: The admission committee "rates" your application. After that an interview invitation is sent. You are "rated" for your interview as well. All these points are added together to arrive at a final score.

Thanks for the clarification bro. What is exactly meant by "rated" as mentioned by you? Is it a binary decision, in or out for an interview? Or do they award "marks" for all applications and then sort out the applications before the first ever interview invite.
My exact query is that is the "timing" of our interview invite related to the marks(ratings by students and Adcom) or to the availability of alumni from our Industry.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 17:37
UM1 wrote:
Had a small doubt:

I got the interview call 3 days before the interview. Does that rank me lower to applicants who got the calls 5-7 days prior?

Not at all.

Call is a call is a call :)
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 17:42
UM1 wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:
UM1 wrote:
Why? I mean by what logic

If they wouldn't have been interested then would you have received an invite?

No you said really interested. I thought you meant more interested than others lol

Epic exchange!

All the best for results!

:) :)
Retired Moderator
V
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 02:02
Talayva wrote:

Thanks for the clarification bro. What is exactly meant by "rated" as mentioned by you? Is it a binary decision, in or out for an interview? Or do they award "marks" for all applications and then sort out the applications before the first ever interview invite.
My exact query is that is the "timing" of our interview invite related to the marks(ratings by students and Adcom) or to the availability of alumni from our Industry.

Hi bro,

Marks/points are assigned.

I can't comment on the timing though. But 1 thing is sure, there must be a cut off for interview invites. Sorry, couldn't be of much help!

B

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 02:53
gmatexam439 wrote:
Talayva wrote:

Hi bro,

I can't comment on the timing though. But 1 thing is sure, there must be a cut off for interview invites. Sorry, couldn't be of much help!

Marks are assigned to other parts of the application such as essays, work ex etc before the interview invite.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 03:17
All the best guys

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 10:00
Whoever sees the email first tomorrow please mention the time of email as well.

Retired Moderator
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 10:07
UM1
You can keep a watch on the ISB Chat Room.
People tend to discuss the live updates there.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
WE: Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 10:09
All the best guys!

Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 14:40
UM1 wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:
Talayva wrote:

Hi bro,

Marks are assigned to other parts of the application such as essays, work ex etc before the interview invite.

Further, isn't interview not a pass/fail thing? So if a person does really bad in interviews despite good points in other areas, one doesn't get through and vice versa?
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 14:42
KrunaliG wrote:
All the best guys!

Thanks.

All the best, everyone!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 19:48
Anyone has an idea at around what time the results were announced last year?

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 19:52
One of the consultants have posted about a rejection from ISB on linkedin. Has anybody here received any rejection mail(or admission mail)?
Fisher(Ohio) School Moderator
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V35
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 20:16
procman wrote:
One of the consultants have posted about a rejection from ISB on linkedin. Has anybody here received any rejection mail(or admission mail)?

Yeah I saw that too. I am guessing it was from any previous year.
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
WE: Project Management (Education)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 20:26
Naman5772 wrote:
procman wrote:

Yeah I saw that too. I am guessing it was from any previous year.

That is his marketing technique for Round 2. :lol: :lol:
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 14 Nov 2018, 20:26

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  55    Next  [ 1091 posts ] 

ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: LeoN88, warriorguy