Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 15 Jul 2019, 23:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 92
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 13:11
1
GmatDaddy wrote:
UM1

Quote:
Anyway, I don't want to stretch this conversation. I just talked about different possibilities.


Ofcourse, and given the way ISB screwed up interviews last year, I dont think any of us can speculate what going to happen next but wait for the results.
Fun Fact: among the massive speculations of Fee hike for the upcoming session. ISB has still not released the revised Fee Schedule !!


Yeah I was just voicing collective speculations so to say

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 92
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 13:13
UM1 wrote:
GmatDaddy wrote:
UM1

Quote:
Anyway, I don't want to stretch this conversation. I just talked about different possibilities.


Ofcourse, and given the way ISB screwed up interviews last year, I dont think any of us can speculate what going to happen next but wait for the results.
Fun Fact: among the massive speculations of Fee hike for the upcoming session. ISB has still not released the revised Fee Schedule !!


Yeah I was just voicing collective speculations so to say

Posted from my mobile device


Ya and a few current students mentioned of this too. The hike in fee and also that they got 1,200 applications in R1 which is an unbelievably low number.
Retired Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 11 Aug 2016
Posts: 376
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 13:17
Only 1200!!!
Are you sure of the number ?
Because close to 800 have been interviewed at Delhi,Bangalore and Mumbai only.
And I think people from North of Delhi would go to Mohali for interviews and the eastern and Central Eastern population to Hyd.
And not to forget the Skype interviews as well !

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
~R.
If my post was of any help to you, You can thank me in the form of Kudos!!
Applying to ISB ? Check out the ISB Application Kit.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 92
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 13:19
GmatDaddy wrote:
Only 1200!!!
Are you sure of the number ?
Because close to 800 have been interviewed at Delhi,Bangalore and Mumbai only.
And I think people from North of Delhi would go to Mohali for interviews and the eastern and Central Eastern population to Hyd.
And not to forget the Skype interviews as well !

Posted from my mobile device


That's not the number that I am estimating. This was the number given by the current students who signed up for reviewing applications. They were told by the adcom. I have nothing more to add
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 92
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 13:21
1
UM1 wrote:
GmatDaddy wrote:
Only 1200!!!
Are you sure of the number ?
Because close to 800 have been interviewed at Delhi,Bangalore and Mumbai only.
And I think people from North of Delhi would go to Mohali for interviews and the eastern and Central Eastern population to Hyd.
And not to forget the Skype interviews as well !

Posted from my mobile device


That's not the number that I am estimating. This was the number given by the current students who signed up for reviewing applications. They were told by the adcom. I have nothing more to add


Bdw how have you estimated 800 for these Del mum Bangalore? Sorry if you have mentioned in any earlier post, not keeping track of every post.
Retired Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 11 Aug 2016
Posts: 376
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 13:28
1
Quote:
Bdw how have you estimated 800 for these Del mum Bangalore? Sorry if you have mentioned in any earlier post, not keeping track of every post.


Mumbai: 200
Delhi: close to 400
Bangalore: 150-170
_________________
~R.
If my post was of any help to you, You can thank me in the form of Kudos!!
Applying to ISB ? Check out the ISB Application Kit.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 92
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 13:31
GmatDaddy wrote:
Quote:
Bdw how have you estimated 800 for these Del mum Bangalore? Sorry if you have mentioned in any earlier post, not keeping track of every post.


Mumbai: 200
Delhi: close to 400
Bangalore: 150-170


Can't comment about Mumbai and Bangalore but Delhi was around 230

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 92
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 13:32
1
UM1 wrote:
GmatDaddy wrote:
Quote:
Bdw how have you estimated 800 for these Del mum Bangalore? Sorry if you have mentioned in any earlier post, not keeping track of every post.


Mumbai: 200
Delhi: close to 400
Bangalore: 150-170


Can't comment about Mumbai and Bangalore but Delhi was around 230

Posted from my mobile device


Tops*
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Sep 2018
Posts: 49
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 13:48
2
procman wrote:
GmatDaddy wrote:
Talayva wrote:
Does anyone know the admission statistics of ISB. How many apply and what percentage of students are called for interviews and are finally admitted.

As far as I know ISB statistics generally stand around 8-9:5:1
For every 8-9 applicants, around 5 get called for an interview and out if them 1 is selected.

However, I couldn't find this data on any official document or website, this is as was told by the alums/blogs.
However, data might not be very relevant in the present scenario given that ISB has advanced its deadlines and now that they also take GRE scores.


This does not look promising. Why such a low proportion of interview to converts? Shouldn't ISB do a better job at eliminating irrelevant profiles at a much earlier stage. Will save them a lot logistically. :P


Ha ha!

A lot depends on what they value- good that they meet more candidates. Of course a lot more can be known by meeting a person. It must be making their job more difficult but there is every merit in interviewing more candidates. Some schools interview all candidates.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Sep 2017
Posts: 14
Schools: Duke '21 (WL)
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 20:45
1
UM1 wrote:
UM1 wrote:
GmatDaddy wrote:
[quote="NikhilBansal91"]Also, I have not heard of anyone getting interviewed between 1-10 Nov.. seems like a marketing gimmick
I interviewed on 1st Nov in Mohali.

Of course the interviews are going on.
Its just a matter of reach, a very large chunk of the applicants are not active here. Out of those are, more than half never participate in the discussions.
For example have a look at the Decision Tracker Stats, people do not update it.


Well, there were quite a few updates about mum, delhi, Bangalore interviews. So it's not entirely what you are saying. But that said, interviews are happening as Nikhil just mentioned

Posted from my mobile device[/quote]

Anyway, I don't want to stretch this conversation. I just talked about different possibilities.[/quote]Actually there are not many people getting interviewed at Mohali. On my interview day, there were only 4 names in the list. So you can just add 50 odd people for the entire Mohali duration to whatever estimate you have arrived at for other cities. Even 50 would be an over estimate in my opinion.

Sent from my MI 5 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 254
Location: India
GPA: 4
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 22:59
1
Hey All,

ISB's current ROI is the lowest among the top B schools in the world. (Ratio of avg placement to tuition fees is the least among top 30 colleges).

Do you guys think ISB will be a feasible option if they further increase the already obnoxiously high tuition fees? I am not looking it for short term; even for long term it doesn't seem to be a rational option. Will be great if people on this forum can share their views about this. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Nov 2017
Posts: 30
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V29
GPA: 3.31
WE: General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 23:06
Yes I believe applicants are now aware of this. That is why this time no. of applicants was Less and they extended deadlines. Turn out at interviews was not also convincing. Increasing fees won't go in favour of isb

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 11 Aug 2016
Posts: 376
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2018, 00:24
1
Quote:
Do you guys think ISB will be a feasible option if they further increase the already obnoxiously high tuition fees? I am not looking it for short term; even for long term it doesn't seem to be a rational option. Will be great if people on this forum can share their views about this. Thanks!


My 2 cents.

I totally second that, but the thing is India is a young country and given the current scenario[Visa Issues in US & UK and the job market in the rest of the world], I still think ISB is a safe bet.

Issue with Indian applicants is their Pre-MBA salaries. While, the ROI is on the lesser side, the salary increase post-mba is still a good to go factor for many Indian applicants. And with close-knit social system, many(myself included) would like to work in or close to India & competition through CAT is not going to come down anytime soon.

So the only point of concern for ISB will be the fee amount at which the ISB applicants will start equating the fee amount with the risk in US and Europe and start moving out.
_________________
~R.
If my post was of any help to you, You can thank me in the form of Kudos!!
Applying to ISB ? Check out the ISB Application Kit.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 92
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2018, 00:29
Thanks for the update Nikhil.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 92
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2018, 00:35
GoodGuy wrote:
Hey All,

ISB's current ROI is the lowest among the top B schools in the world. (Ratio of avg placement to tuition fees is the least among top 30 colleges).

Do you guys think ISB will be a feasible option if they further increase the already obnoxiously high tuition fees? I am not looking it for short term; even for long term it doesn't seem to be a rational option. Will be great if people on this forum can share their views about this. Thanks!


As per current students it will be old + 3,00,000

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 11 Aug 2016
Posts: 376
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2018, 00:39
You mean 33,00,000 ??
Same as last year ?

I really hope that they do not hike the fees !
UM1 wrote:
GoodGuy wrote:
Hey All,

ISB's current ROI is the lowest among the top B schools in the world. (Ratio of avg placement to tuition fees is the least among top 30 colleges).

Do you guys think ISB will be a feasible option if they further increase the already obnoxiously high tuition fees? I am not looking it for short term; even for long term it doesn't seem to be a rational option. Will be great if people on this forum can share their views about this. Thanks!


As per current students it will be old + 3,00,000

Posted from my mobile device

_________________
~R.
If my post was of any help to you, You can thank me in the form of Kudos!!
Applying to ISB ? Check out the ISB Application Kit.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 92
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2018, 00:44
GmatDaddy wrote:
You mean 33,00,000 ??
Same as last year ?

I really hope that they do not hike the fees !
UM1 wrote:
GoodGuy wrote:
Hey All,

ISB's current ROI is the lowest among the top B schools in the world. (Ratio of avg placement to tuition fees is the least among top 30 colleges).

Do you guys think ISB will be a feasible option if they further increase the already obnoxiously high tuition fees? I am not looking it for short term; even for long term it doesn't seem to be a rational option. Will be great if people on this forum can share their views about this. Thanks!


As per current students it will be old + 3,00,000

I don't know the old fee structure. so old+ 3

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 92
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2018, 00:46
If I correctly remember, that person mentioned it is 35 (for class of 19) so plus 3 would make it 38. Maybe this is an all in cost

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 11 Aug 2016
Posts: 376
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2018, 00:51
Its 33.3 as of now.

https://www.isb.edu/pgp/Fees-Financing/Programme-Expenses

UM1 wrote:
If I correctly remember, that person mentioned it is 35 (for class of 19) so plus 3 would make it 38. Maybe this is an all in cost

Posted from my mobile device

_________________
~R.
If my post was of any help to you, You can thank me in the form of Kudos!!
Applying to ISB ? Check out the ISB Application Kit.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 92
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2018, 00:54
GmatDaddy wrote:
Its 33.3 as of now.

https://www.isb.edu/pgp/Fees-Financing/Programme-Expenses

UM1 wrote:
If I correctly remember, that person mentioned it is 35 (for class of 19) so plus 3 would make it 38. Maybe this is an all in cost

Posted from my mobile device


See the other student expenses on campus ( 2 lacs -- laptop books etc )
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 04 Nov 2018, 00:54

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34  ...  54    Next  [ 1080 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne