Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GRE 1: Q170 V164
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
Seems like a joke of an answer. Haha

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [3]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q169 V157
Send PM
Kudos
Having a great linkedin profile is immaterial compared to having great test scores, gpa's, community service, work experience, etc. Linkedin profile doesn't mean anything as far as how accomplished you are or how you've bettered the world. It's a social media platform.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [7]
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys,

First post here on the sub (long time lurker). Just wanted to share I received an invite from Booth today. Got a e-mail notifying that my status had been updated, went to check the application page and there was a new "Status" button, which led me to the invite letter. I asked for a Off-Campus interview since I live in Brazil, so I'm waiting for my alum pairing for now. They also informed me I have to complete two additional short essays (250 words each) by Nov 1st.

Two close friends here from Brazil still haven't received any news, so I'm guessing they'll be rolling out invites until Friday, as mentioned in some posts above.

Best of luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
*everyone frantically logs into their Booth application portal*

Congratulations! And best of luck with the interview!

FinalPrestige wrote:
Hey guys,

First post here on the sub (long time lurker). Just wanted to share I received an invite from Booth today. Got a e-mail notifying that my status had been updated, went to check the application page and there was a new "Status" button, which led me to the invite letter. I asked for a Off-Campus interview since I live in Brazil, so I'm waiting for my alum pairing for now. They also informed me I have to complete two additional short essays (250 words each) by Nov 1st.

Two close friends here from Brazil still haven't received any news, so I'm guessing they'll be rolling out invites until Friday, as mentioned in some posts above.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Just a heads-up that invites are still rolling out! Just received an email telling me to check my status on the portal.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
https://blog.accepted.com/optimize-your ... plication/

erlandgas wrote:
Having a great linkedin profile is immaterial compared to having great test scores, gpa's, community service, work experience, etc. Linkedin profile doesn't mean anything as far as how accomplished you are or how you've bettered the world. It's a social media platform.

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Booth DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Invited to interview, 35 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:750 (Q49 V42), GPA: 3.79, Industry: Investment Banking, WE 48, heard via: portal_update
  • Invited to interview, 42 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:760 (Q49 V44), GPA: 3.75, Industry: Investment Banking, WE 48, heard via: portal_update
  • Invited to interview, 44 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q46 V45), GPA: 3.85, Industry: Advertising and PR, WE 46, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Looks like they’re done for the day?

MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Booth DECISION TRACKER

• Invited to interview, 2 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:750 (Q49 V42), GPA: 3.6, heard via: portal_update
  • Invited to interview, 11 minutes ago, from Korea, Republic of, GMAT:750 (Q50 V40), GPA: 3.59, Industry: Manufacturing, WE 60, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Is Booth Live just as valuable / useful as the Campus Visit Program in regards to learning about the school in its totality? I don't know what Booth Live really is and since I have to fly to visit campus, want to be sure that the event I schedule is going to be useful for answering the "Why Booth" question.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
I got an interview invite with Booth yesterday! One thing to note is it came late in the afternoon, so it seems like they send them throughout the day and not in one batch.

One question I was curious to get people's thoughts on is interviewing on/off campus. I have visited campus before so I feel like I have a feel for the school and was planning to interview off. While Booth says their is no advantage to interviewing on campus, they do seem to prefer it. The invite states "The Admissions Team highly encourages our applicants to interview on campus to get to know the Booth community better." Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
CCrunch wrote:
I got an interview invite with Booth yesterday! One thing to note is it came late in the afternoon, so it seems like they send them throughout the day and not in one batch.

One question I was curious to get people's thoughts on is interviewing on/off campus. I have visited campus before so I feel like I have a feel for the school and was planning to interview off. While Booth says their is no advantage to interviewing on campus, they do seem to prefer it. The invite states "The Admissions Team highly encourages our applicants to interview on campus to get to know the Booth community better." Any thoughts?

First of all, congrats on your interview invite! I really think they encourage this not because it will have an advantage on the interview itself but so that your "Why Booth" is more specific and backed up by your visit (not a Why Booth based on their webpage). So if you feel you were able to grasp this in your first visit, I truly think there would be no disadvantage for you to interview home... If you are able to convey to your local interviewer what you liked and felt fit with from your Booth visit, as well as ask him specific questions as to things you saw or lived there, he'll feel related and really think you're into Booth.

Just my thoughts, of course I'm no expert!

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
I applied Round 1 and haven't received an update yet (it says my application is being reviewed).

It seems like interview invites can come out between yesterday and Friday. Does anyone have insight into how the distribution may work--are the vast majority given yesterday or maybe today, and a few trickle in tomorrow/Friday, or is it pretty evenly spaced? Similarly, do they send out invites in the first day or two to the strongest candidates, or is it kind of random? Also, do they send out rejections all at the end/after or have some people already received them?

Thanks and happy if anyone can give details for even one of the questions!
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Booth DECISION TRACKER

• Invited to interview, 3 minutes ago, from Brazil, GMAT:750 (Q49 V42), Industry: Investment Banking, WE 70, heard via: portal_update
  • Invited to interview, 7 minutes ago, from Mexico, GMAT:720 (Q48 V41), GPA: 3.5, Industry: Manufacturing, WE 42, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
wabo22 wrote:
I applied Round 1 and haven't received an update yet (it says my application is being reviewed).

It seems like interview invites can come out between yesterday and Friday. Does anyone have insight into how the distribution may work--are the vast majority given yesterday or maybe today, and a few trickle in tomorrow/Friday, or is it pretty evenly spaced? Similarly, do they send out invites in the first day or two to the strongest candidates, or is it kind of random? Also, do they send out rejections all at the end/after or have some people already received them?

Thanks and happy if anyone can give details for even one of the questions!

Judging from last year and this year so far, I'd say Thursday will be far bigger than the rest of the week
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Booth DECISION TRACKER

• Invited to interview, 9 minutes ago, from Hong Kong, GMAT:730 (Q48 V42), GPA: 3.7, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 10 minutes ago, from United Kingdom, GMAT:730 (Q47 V42), Industry: Retail, WE 36, heard via: portal_update
  • Invited to interview, 19 minutes ago, from Canada, GMAT:680 (Q47 V38), GPA: 3, Industry: Internet and New Media, WE 80, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 42 minutes ago, from Israel, GMAT:740 (Q50 V41), GPA: 3.99, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Anyone still not hear back? Any indication of the volume of invites to be sent out tomorrow? Comparing this cycle to last year's R1 - seems like were on the lighter end of invites that have gone out already (Tuesday - Thursday)?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts