GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Nov 2019, 07:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  
Booth Moderator
S
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 10:40
Seems unusual Booth wouldn’t send an email and only update the portal, since most people wouldn’t randomly check the portal?

Posted from my mobile device
Kellogg School Moderator
B
GRE 1: Q170 V164

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 10:40
tanmay1392 wrote:
rohansdalal wrote:
Any Idea on is it via mail mentioned change in status or just portal update w/o any mail notification?

Both. Some people got updates on protals ast year, while most go emails.

Additionally -while I got an update on portal last year, there was no email which intimated that status in the profile has changed.

Also - the decision tracker says the invite was through a portal update.

So - if I were you - and because I AM I - I will keep updating both my email and the portal. :)
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 10:43
Booth got more applicants last year (one of a few schools) so they don’t need to send an email. Only the chosen and deserving will check the portal.

Screenshot from WSJ article.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/elite-m-b- ... chat_share
Elite American M.B.A. programs report steep drops in interest as international students opt for universities in Europe and Canada

Attachments

F25AC235-2EA4-4D0D-9AB6-C6520CD97C3D.png
F25AC235-2EA4-4D0D-9AB6-C6520CD97C3D.png [ 272.15 KiB | Viewed 5883 times ]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 10:48
Seems like a joke of an answer. Haha

Consortium Forum Moderator
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q169 V157
GPA: 3.05

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 11:39
Having a great linkedin profile is immaterial compared to having great test scores, gpa's, community service, work experience, etc. Linkedin profile doesn't mean anything as far as how accomplished you are or how you've bettered the world. It's a social media platform.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 13:25
Hey guys,

First post here on the sub (long time lurker). Just wanted to share I received an invite from Booth today. Got a e-mail notifying that my status had been updated, went to check the application page and there was a new "Status" button, which led me to the invite letter. I asked for a Off-Campus interview since I live in Brazil, so I'm waiting for my alum pairing for now. They also informed me I have to complete two additional short essays (250 words each) by Nov 1st.

Two close friends here from Brazil still haven't received any news, so I'm guessing they'll be rolling out invites until Friday, as mentioned in some posts above.

Best of luck to everyone!
Tuck School Moderator
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 13:38
*everyone frantically logs into their Booth application portal*

Congratulations! And best of luck with the interview!

FinalPrestige wrote:
Hey guys,

First post here on the sub (long time lurker). Just wanted to share I received an invite from Booth today. Got a e-mail notifying that my status had been updated, went to check the application page and there was a new "Status" button, which led me to the invite letter. I asked for a Off-Campus interview since I live in Brazil, so I'm waiting for my alum pairing for now. They also informed me I have to complete two additional short essays (250 words each) by Nov 1st.

Two close friends here from Brazil still haven't received any news, so I'm guessing they'll be rolling out invites until Friday, as mentioned in some posts above.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.79

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 14:53
Just a heads-up that invites are still rolling out! Just received an email telling me to check my status on the portal.

INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 14:55
https://blog.accepted.com/optimize-your ... plication/

erlandgas wrote:
Having a great linkedin profile is immaterial compared to having great test scores, gpa's, community service, work experience, etc. Linkedin profile doesn't mean anything as far as how accomplished you are or how you've bettered the world. It's a social media platform.

V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 15:30
Booth DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Invited to interview, 35 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:750 (Q49 V42), GPA: 3.79, Industry: Investment Banking, WE 48, heard via: portal_update
  • Invited to interview, 42 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:760 (Q49 V44), GPA: 3.75, Industry: Investment Banking, WE 48, heard via: portal_update
  • Invited to interview, 44 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q46 V45), GPA: 3.85, Industry: Advertising and PR, WE 46, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 15:32
Looks like they’re done for the day?

MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 16:30
Booth DECISION TRACKER

• Invited to interview, 2 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:750 (Q49 V42), GPA: 3.6, heard via: portal_update
  • Invited to interview, 11 minutes ago, from Korea, Republic of, GMAT:750 (Q50 V40), GPA: 3.59, Industry: Manufacturing, WE 60, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2019, 06:39
Is Booth Live just as valuable / useful as the Campus Visit Program in regards to learning about the school in its totality? I don't know what Booth Live really is and since I have to fly to visit campus, want to be sure that the event I schedule is going to be useful for answering the "Why Booth" question.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2019, 07:35
I got an interview invite with Booth yesterday! One thing to note is it came late in the afternoon, so it seems like they send them throughout the day and not in one batch.

One question I was curious to get people's thoughts on is interviewing on/off campus. I have visited campus before so I feel like I have a feel for the school and was planning to interview off. While Booth says their is no advantage to interviewing on campus, they do seem to prefer it. The invite states "The Admissions Team highly encourages our applicants to interview on campus to get to know the Booth community better." Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2019, 09:12
CCrunch wrote:
I got an interview invite with Booth yesterday! One thing to note is it came late in the afternoon, so it seems like they send them throughout the day and not in one batch.

One question I was curious to get people's thoughts on is interviewing on/off campus. I have visited campus before so I feel like I have a feel for the school and was planning to interview off. While Booth says their is no advantage to interviewing on campus, they do seem to prefer it. The invite states "The Admissions Team highly encourages our applicants to interview on campus to get to know the Booth community better." Any thoughts?

First of all, congrats on your interview invite! I really think they encourage this not because it will have an advantage on the interview itself but so that your "Why Booth" is more specific and backed up by your visit (not a Why Booth based on their webpage). So if you feel you were able to grasp this in your first visit, I truly think there would be no disadvantage for you to interview home... If you are able to convey to your local interviewer what you liked and felt fit with from your Booth visit, as well as ask him specific questions as to things you saw or lived there, he'll feel related and really think you're into Booth.

Just my thoughts, of course I'm no expert!

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2019, 10:59
I applied Round 1 and haven't received an update yet (it says my application is being reviewed).

It seems like interview invites can come out between yesterday and Friday. Does anyone have insight into how the distribution may work--are the vast majority given yesterday or maybe today, and a few trickle in tomorrow/Friday, or is it pretty evenly spaced? Similarly, do they send out invites in the first day or two to the strongest candidates, or is it kind of random? Also, do they send out rejections all at the end/after or have some people already received them?

Thanks and happy if anyone can give details for even one of the questions!
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2019, 12:30
Booth DECISION TRACKER

• Invited to interview, 3 minutes ago, from Brazil, GMAT:750 (Q49 V42), Industry: Investment Banking, WE 70, heard via: portal_update
  • Invited to interview, 7 minutes ago, from Mexico, GMAT:720 (Q48 V41), GPA: 3.5, Industry: Manufacturing, WE 42, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2019, 15:55
wabo22 wrote:
I applied Round 1 and haven't received an update yet (it says my application is being reviewed).

It seems like interview invites can come out between yesterday and Friday. Does anyone have insight into how the distribution may work--are the vast majority given yesterday or maybe today, and a few trickle in tomorrow/Friday, or is it pretty evenly spaced? Similarly, do they send out invites in the first day or two to the strongest candidates, or is it kind of random? Also, do they send out rejections all at the end/after or have some people already received them?

Thanks and happy if anyone can give details for even one of the questions!

Judging from last year and this year so far, I'd say Thursday will be far bigger than the rest of the week
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 08:30
Booth DECISION TRACKER

• Invited to interview, 9 minutes ago, from Hong Kong, GMAT:730 (Q48 V42), GPA: 3.7, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 10 minutes ago, from United Kingdom, GMAT:730 (Q47 V42), Industry: Retail, WE 36, heard via: portal_update
  • Invited to interview, 19 minutes ago, from Canada, GMAT:680 (Q47 V38), GPA: 3, Industry: Internet and New Media, WE 80, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 42 minutes ago, from Israel, GMAT:740 (Q50 V41), GPA: 3.99, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
B
Schools: CBS '22 (I)

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 14:45
Anyone still not hear back? Any indication of the volume of invites to be sent out tomorrow? Comparing this cycle to last year's R1 - seems like were on the lighter end of invites that have gone out already (Tuesday - Thursday)?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]   [#permalink] 17 Oct 2019, 14:45

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16    Next  [ 305 posts ] 

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: fatmike, ambera33