Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Re: Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Hi all - would anyone be able to share some insights from the interview? Many thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [4]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
Re: Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Kudos
*Posting this again, since I can't see the reply I just submitted

I interviewed with Brent Hoff, a 2nd year candidate, via the online portal earlier today. He was very professional and friendly at the same time. Interview lasted 30 minutes but felt short (could be just me). These are the questions I got asked:

1. Walk me through your resume
2. What was your criteria in shortlisting b schools
3. Why MBA and Why Owen
4. What is one skill you wish to improve through MBA and how will you go about doing that
5. How will you contribute to Owen outside the classroom
6. Experience working in a diverse team
7. One time you were part of a project that failed and why did it fail
8. What other schools did you apply to (Definitely restate your desire to attend Owen because it offers xyz that other schools do not)

I am a re-applicant and interviewed last year as well. That time I also got asked about one leadership experience and what I am most proud of.

Hope this helps. Good luck to everyone!

Originally posted by Saurabhminocha on 30 Oct 2019, 22:36.
Last edited by Saurabhminocha on 31 Oct 2019, 06:00, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Saurabhminocha wrote:
*Posting this again, since I can't see the reply I just submitted

I interviewed with Brent Hoff, a 2nd year candidate, via the online portal earlier today. He was very professional and friendly at the same time. Interview lasted 30 minutes but felt short (could be just me). These are the questions I got asked:

1. Walk me through you resume
2. What was your criteria in shortlisting b schools
3. Why MBA and Why Owen
4. What is one skill you wish to improve through MBA and how will you go about doing that
5. How will you contribute to Owen outside the classroom
6. Experience working in a diverse team
7. One time you were part of a project that failed and why did it failed
8. What other schools did you apply to (Definitely restate your desire to attend Owen because it offers xyz that other schools do not)

I am a re-applicant and interviewed last year as well. That time I also got asked about one leadership experience and what I am most proud of.

Hope this helps. Good luck to everyone!

This is so kind of you, thank you very much! All the best on your application process moving forward!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Best of luck to everyone. I’m a deferral for the class of 2022 so I look forward to meeting the rest of the class!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
A new Owen Vanderbilt Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/owen-vanderbilt-216/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1065
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [2]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Kudos
I realise that being the admin for this particular discussion forum, I've been inactive for the past few days. I have my interview in about an hour now. So fingers crossed. Will post updates regarding the same soon.
Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone, so just to reiterate my previous post, I acknowledge my lack of activity being the moderator of the forum. But I had two back to back interviews (with Owen being on 6th Nov).
My interview was with Jake Hedgecock, a 2nd year student at Owen. The interview was very relaxed and totally conversational. He was very encouraging.
The questions were the usual ones-
Tell me a bit about yourself.
Why MBA?
Why Owen?
Difficulties overcome and how did you overcome them?
Cross-cultural experiences and a couple more behavioral questions.
Hobbies.

Any questions for the interviewer

My first ever MBA interview was on 4th (Tepper), which, though was not bad, did not go as well as expected. But I made sure not to repeat the mistakes and to improve in the Owen interview. Towards the end, I apologized for giving lengthy answers to maybe a couple of questions (in case it cut down the number of questions that the interviewer could have asked), but he said it is not a problem and he only wanted to make sure that I have a conversation going.

Overall, it was a very positive experience, and though you can never really know for sure until the results come out, I can say I am fairly optimistic.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [3]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Send PM
Kudos
https://gmatclub.com/forum/owen-vanderb ... brief-1078
just post a debrief . check it out guys
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Let's keep this forum active, please share your interview or correspondence experiences with Owen.
Today (15th November) is the interview deadline for applicants seeking to get an early decision. These decisions will be announced on December 13. So I'm guessing all the early decision applicants must be done with their interviews by now. So far we have had 3 interview debriefs for Owen.
I hope other people will also share their experience during the interview, or even have some discussion on some other query/topic.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Owen '22 (A$)
Send PM
On your application status on the portal, does it change from “submitted” to interviewed once you have done so. Asking because I did an on-campus interview before submitting my app when I visited campus. Thanks!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi girlygirl24,
No it doesn't change. How was your interview btw ? Feel free to share the experience

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Owen '22 (A$)
Send PM
Kudos
My interview went well, it was very conversational as everyone stated. I interviewed with a second year student and we talked about why Owen, why now, and what I’m looking to do.

The whole experience at Owen was wonderful while visiting. Everyone was extremely welcoming and kind. I was able to sit on a class and participate in their discussion - you can tell everyone was close. Then I was able to get lunch with a student after my interview - and learn more about her move to Nashville and thoughts on the program.

All in all, great experience and one of the best campus visits I have had.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
So, 10 days to go for Round 1 decisions. I'm guessing everyone is eagerly waiting for the decisions.
Nerves, I tell you.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Good luck to all. When do we expect decisions to roll out - on decision day i.e. Dec 13 or prior to that?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
As far as I know, decisions will be sent on decision day, or at least from decision day, but not before, since Owen does not work on rolling basis.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
abhimanyu1945 wrote:
As far as I know, decisions will be sent on decision day, or at least from decision day, but not before, since Owen does not work on rolling basis.

Great! Thanks abhimanyu1945 and good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi Narenn,
As you had mentioned, we can have a chat room for Owen (V). Sure the number of participants would not be as many, but it may eventually get active with the results coming up, and people also applying in Round 2

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts