GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 11 Jul 2020, 10:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 15:12
Is there a whats-app messaging group for connecting with incoming Vanderbilt 2 year full time MBA folks ? thanks !
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Johnson '22 (A)
Re: Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 06:48
Anyone hear back yet from the one-week from completion group?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 3
WE: Architecture (Other)

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 07:17
quirkyqwerty wrote:

I have my interview on Monday, so I assume I'll know by Friday what the result is. I completed the application back on May 4th, but the interview slots were full until Monday.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Owen '22 (WL)
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V36
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 07:20
quirkyqwerty wrote:

I heard back roughly a week after my interview.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 07:30
jdv283509 wrote:
quirkyqwerty wrote:

When was your interview and how did you hear back?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 08:20
quirkyqwerty wrote:
jdv283509 wrote:
quirkyqwerty wrote:

When was your interview and how did you hear back?

Friday May 1st I heard back on Monday May 11 at around 5pm EST via the portal. So the wait is around 5-6 business days.
I got waitlisted. I assume if you get accepted you get a call.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2020, 12:20
any news from rolling applicants?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2020, 12:26
quirkyqwerty wrote:
any news from rolling applicants?

I was waitlisted. I’m a R4 URM applicant with stats close to the average but lackluster work experience. I saw on clear admit that today is the R3 deposit deadline so I’m sure some applicants on the waitlist may begin to get some news in the next few days.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 10:54
heads up to anyone interviewing: yield protect is very real at Vandy, so undersell your other options and oversell "Why Vandy?"
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Owen '22 (M$)

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 12:07
quirkyqwerty wrote:
heads up to anyone interviewing: yield protect is very real at Vandy, so undersell your other options and oversell "Why Vandy?"

I'd say that's good advice for any school, but I do agree that Vandy is very interested in fit. They're looking for people who will not just attend but also actively contribute.

What specifically highlighted this for you?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.46

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 12:47
Applied a month ago, interviewed 2 weeks ago, recommendation submitted 10 days ago but no word yet. Anyone else in a similar boat?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 02:57
DaLou92 wrote:
Applied a month ago, interviewed 2 weeks ago, recommendation submitted 10 days ago but no word yet. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Have you checked the application portal? I didn’t receive an email or call (Waitlisted) but the portal was updated after about 6 or 7 business days after everything in my application was completed. You can also reach out to admissions and ask.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 03:14
Yeah, every time i log on it just says status submitted. Maybe I’m not looking in the right place

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 03:36
lcfy2019 wrote:
Yeah, every time i log on it just says status submitted. Maybe I’m not looking in the right place

Click where it says Type 2020 MBA, then open application. If there’s any updates, you’ll see them there. If you don’t see anything then you may need to ask admissions for an update. They’re very nice so they won’t get annoyed or anything. Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 04:55
DaLou92 wrote:

I interviewed on the 18th (which I assume is when your recommendation was submitted) and haven't heard yet. I knew they were a couple days behind when I saw people who were interviewed on the 14th getting accepted on the 22nd. With the holiday/end of application deadline approaching (lots of applicants submitting late), I'm assuming I'll find out today or I'll reach out on Monday and see where things stand.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 05:45
jerubbel wrote:
DaLou92 wrote:

I interviewed on the 18th (which I assume is when your recommendation was submitted) and haven't heard yet. I knew they were a couple days behind when I saw people who were interviewed on the 14th getting accepted on the 22nd. With the holiday/end of application deadline approaching (lots of applicants submitting late), I'm assuming I'll find out today or I'll reach out on Monday and see where things stand.

My recommendation was submitted night of the 17th. I interviewed on the 13th. Weird, as their site says a decision will be given within a week of application completion and my interviewer said I would have an answer within 7-10 days of my interview. I was hoping for something last Friday.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 05:58
DaLou92 wrote:
jerubbel wrote:
DaLou92 wrote:

My recommendation was submitted night of the 17th. I interviewed on the 13th. Weird, as their site says a decision will be given within a week of application completion and my interviewer said I would have an answer within 7-10 days of my interview. I was hoping for something last Friday.

In an Admissions 101 Webinar, the senior associate director said 7-10 days after "application completion." She described this as all components submitted: application data/essays, gmat/gre (unless waived), interview, and recommendation. It sounds like your application was fully complete on the night of the 17th, which they didn't note until the 18th, so we're probably on the same timeline and should find out today... I hope.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 06:04
jerubbel wrote:
DaLou92 wrote:
jerubbel wrote:
DaLou92 wrote:

In an Admissions 101 Webinar, the senior associate director said 7-10 days after "application completion." She described this as all components submitted: application data/essays, gmat/gre (unless waived), interview, and recommendation. It sounds like your application was fully complete on the night of the 17th, which they didn't note until the 18th, so we're probably on the same timeline and should find out today... I hope.

They noted late on the 17th. But agreed, let's hope for today! Or before the weekend at least. The wait is killing me!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 10:49
Anyone admitted that chose to waive GMAT? If so, what's your background?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 11:08
hckysgreat1 wrote:
Anyone admitted that chose to waive GMAT? If so, what's your background?

I'm still waiting to hear back (interviewed 05/18), so I could be a rejection, but I have five years of work experience in architecture and have a B.S. in Architecture (2.998 GPA) and a Master of Architecture (3.204 GPA). I emailed my interviewer yesterday and he told me they're behind but I should find out in the next couple days. What worries me is I've seen people interviewed after me getting waitlisted before I receive my decision from the school.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants [2020 Intake] Class of 2022   [#permalink] 02 Jun 2020, 11:08

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 138 posts ] 

Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: abhimanyu1945