Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:58 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [1]
Given Kudos: 250
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Invited to Interview
05 Nov, 2019
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Invited to Interview
05 Nov, 2019
04 Nov 2019, 23:13
HarryStamper GMAT: 720; GPA: 3.5; WE: 84 months; India; via Portal_update
UG GPA 3.8* [#permalink]
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Anyone got any questions for the Career development team of Haas. They have a webinar tomorrow and I know the window closed a long time ago. I can post a debrief for y'all here. And address your particular questions during the webinars. Please be specific about the industrY. I am not a supply chain guy so you might wanna PM me with the information about that
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Kudos
Haas MBA is now STEM-designated!

Source: Jennifer Bridge, Haas Career Management Group.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
variantguy wrote:

What's your name in the chat bro? I'm in there too
They are telling a lot about what goes on when we get into berkeley
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 170
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Would you know where we can find the transcript for this chat? Thanks.
Businessconquerer wrote:
variantguy wrote:

They are telling a lot about what goes on when we get into berkeley
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [0]
Send PM
Hi, the entire session's recording will soon be available here: https://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/admission ... ed-webinar

[quote="HarryStamper"]Would you know where we can find the transcript for this chat? Thanks.[quote="Businessconquerer"][quote="variantguy"]Haas MBA is now STEM-designated!

Source: Jennifer Bridge, Haas Career Management Group.[/quote]
They are telling a lot about what goes on when we get into berkeley[/quote][/quote]

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi, has anyone registered for the Video Interview for Haas. Does anyone have any information about the same? There are no slots available in any city in India and I am freaking out!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Raunaq10 wrote:
Hi, has anyone registered for the Video Interview for Haas. Does anyone have any information about the same? There are no slots available in any city in India and I am freaking out!

They released invites for Indians?/ I didn't know that
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys,

As a few others mentioned above, I checked my portal earlier today only and was surprised to find my interview invite just sitting there. No e-mail received at all.

Extra info: Applied on the R1 deadline (26-sept), received the "Your Application Is Complete" e-mail on the 18-oct. Based in Latin America for those wondering about geographical roll-out.

Don't lose hope! Good luck to those who are still waiting for invites!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi everyone! Is there anyone here who's interviewed via the video interview format? It would be really helpful to understand the details of the experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
variantguy wrote:
Hi everyone! Is there anyone here who's interviewed via the video interview format? It would be really helpful to understand the details of the experience.

Can someone please help with this?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V44
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I received an interview invitation today. I found out through the portal - I didn't receive an email about the interview, or an email confirming my application was ready for review. Also one of the recommendations was submitted after the deadline, if anyone is wondering about that.

I am located in South America.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
All three of the Haas MBA programs are now STEM certified, one of the first schools to achieve this feat! More details in this article: https://newsroom.haas.berkeley.edu/berk ... -programs/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello everyone,

Just wondering - has Haas been sending out an uncharacteristically small number of interview invites this year? I know we're not at the decision deadline yet, but we are nearing it. Compared to the last 2 years' DecisionTracker reports (~65 interview invites for Round 1), this year reported only around ~25 invites for Round 1. Similarly, this year I counted only around ~35 invites on Livewire.

Of course, I'm aware that not everyone reports their statistics.

Thank you - would like to see what others think!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
HI Axum, it is difficult to comment at this point on the interview invite trend for this year, without any official report. Interview invites have rolled out last week as well (I received mine on the 14th) and as per the AdCom, there's time until end of November to complete the interviews. So, I believe that invites might roll in for another week.

Regarding the decision tracker updates, a lot of people tend to update their status once they've received a final decision (admitted people tend to share and dinged ones don't really want to), so I think that there might be a certain discrepancy in comparing previous years' invites with this year so far.

These are my two cents, wish you best of luck and hope you get some good news soon! :)

Axum wrote:
Hello everyone,

Just wondering - has Haas been sending out an uncharacteristically small number of interview invites this year? I know we're not at the decision deadline yet, but we are nearing it. Compared to the last 2 years' DecisionTracker reports (~65 interview invites for Round 1), this year reported only around ~25 invites for Round 1. Similarly, this year I counted only around ~35 invites on Livewire.

Of course, I'm aware that not everyone reports their statistics.

Thank you - would like to see what others think!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Just saw this in the news. Haas MBA programs are now STEM-designated! All programs including PT and FT.

https://newsroom.haas.berkeley.edu/berk ... -programs/

Or is this old news?
STEM means increased competition from International Students since STEM allows for a 3-year work permit after graduation (with a few strings but much fewer and is pretty much guaranteed unlike H1B which requires a review, large payment, and most often is a lottery)
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51452 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
No it’s pretty new news!

International students who complete a predetermined number of credits will get the STEM OPT extension which is a game changer!

Lots of business schools are adopting this strategy in response to recent immigration anxieties!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts