GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 30 Mar 2020, 08:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2020
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 17:45
2
I received my "Application Complete" email on January 13th and have been seeing students that received that completion date already receive interview invites. My application had a spelling error in it and now I am worried that I will not be receiving an interview because of it. Is it safe to assume that I received a ding at this point? Does Haas let students know ahead of time (similar to HBS) that they have been rejected?
INSEAD School Moderator
User avatar
V
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2737
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 Feb 2020, 13:19
1
nicolemor
I would not worry about the spelling error unless it's something grave, like one of my clients who left Wharton in the goals essay, unfortunately.

But even that I'm not sure it would be a deal-breaker. They realize this is a very intensive process and that mistakes will inevitably happen.

Berkeley has the dings go out last. So no not similar to Harvard.


nicolemor wrote:
I received my "Application Complete" email on January 13th and have been seeing students that received that completion date already receive interview invites. My application had a spelling error in it and now I am worried that I will not be receiving an interview because of it. Is it safe to assume that I received a ding at this point? Does Haas let students know ahead of time (similar to HBS) that they have been rejected?


Posted from my mobile device
_________________
Farrell Dyan, MBA Admissions Consultant
Verified reviews posted on http://MBAPrepCoach.com

Originally posted by MBAPrepCoach on 06 Feb 2020, 18:13.
Last edited by MBAPrepCoach on 09 Feb 2020, 13:19, edited 2 times in total.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 3113
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 11:30
Berkeley Haas DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

  • Admitted, 39 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:700, Industry: Consulting, WE 80, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 43 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:740 (Q50 V40), GPA: 3.4, Industry: Consulting, WE 90, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
_________________
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 286
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2020, 13:09
A consultant at our firm likes to tell clients about the time her husband misspelled "Stanford" throughout his GSB app... and still got in. Typos and mistakes happen. The adcom is human. If they want you, they want you and will NOT let a typo stop them from inviting you to interview. Try not to worry about it, and definitely do not contact them about it. Best of luck!

nicolemor wrote:
I received my "Application Complete" email on January 13th and have been seeing students that received that completion date already receive interview invites. My application had a spelling error in it and now I am worried that I will not be receiving an interview because of it. Is it safe to assume that I received a ding at this point? Does Haas let students know ahead of time (similar to HBS) that they have been rejected?

_________________
I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com
INSEAD School Moderator
User avatar
V
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2737
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2020, 20:13
Has anyone else found insanely limited slots for interviews? I have two clients in London. They both received invitations at the same time today. And only one of them could schedule an appointment in March. The other one has to do a video interview, Thankfully he's good on camera. Same thing happened for HBS.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
Farrell Dyan, MBA Admissions Consultant
Verified reviews posted on http://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Jan 2020
Posts: 30
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.86
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2020, 10:45
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Has anyone else found insanely limited slots for interviews? I have two clients in London. They both received invitations at the same time today. And only one of them could schedule an appointment in March. The other one has to do a video interview, Thankfully he's good on camera. Same thing happened for HBS.

Posted from my mobile device


Well I still haven't received anything from Haas, not even the "your application is complete" email. Starting to get worried on this front, but hoping for the best.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Jan 2020
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2020, 05:19
Perhaps this has already been covered, but am I right in thinking that regardless of whether you’re invited to interview or not, you will only get a decision on the formal decision date? I.e. no “early release” like HBS/Stanford/Wharton etc do?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Dec 2017
Posts: 16
Location: United States (MD)
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 2.4
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 12:59
1
nerdyrunner wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Has anyone else found insanely limited slots for interviews? I have two clients in London. They both received invitations at the same time today. And only one of them could schedule an appointment in March. The other one has to do a video interview, Thankfully he's good on camera. Same thing happened for HBS.

Posted from my mobile device


Well I still haven't received anything from Haas, not even the "your application is complete" email. Starting to get worried on this front, but hoping for the best.


Any update on an interview invite?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Jan 2020
Posts: 30
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.86
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 16:04
essmith1993 wrote:
nerdyrunner wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Has anyone else found insanely limited slots for interviews? I have two clients in London. They both received invitations at the same time today. And only one of them could schedule an appointment in March. The other one has to do a video interview, Thankfully he's good on camera. Same thing happened for HBS.

Posted from my mobile device


Well I still haven't received anything from Haas, not even the "your application is complete" email. Starting to get worried on this front, but hoping for the best.


Any update on an interview invite?


Nope. Nothing at all ha.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Oct 2019
Posts: 9
Location: India
GRE 1: Q165 V165
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 23:15
Hi Folks,

Indian applicant here, a little late into the cycle. Do you think it makes sense to apply Round 3?
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 03 Feb 2019
Posts: 198
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 00:00
Hi, it will be a bit difficult for anyone here to share a sound advice with you, unless you could share a bit more about your profile and goals.

Generally, by Round 3, most of the seats are already filled, so statistically it's the most competitive round. Most schools also encourage international students to apply in Rounds 1 and 2 as it gives the admitted applicants enough time to get a visa and complete other formalities.


vikramthomas93 wrote:
Hi Folks,

Indian applicant here, a little late into the cycle. Do you think it makes sense to apply Round 3?


Posted from my mobile device
_________________
Applying to Michigan Ross?
Keep up with all the updates on this thread.

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.


My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jul 2018
Posts: 26
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.15
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 00:38
Any Indian applicant who has been invited for an interview in R2? I don’t see any in the decision tracker.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 May 2013
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2020, 07:58
For R2 applicants, is there an indicative deadline at which point it's safe to assume there will no longer be interview invitations sent out?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jul 2018
Posts: 26
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.15
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2020, 08:00
caga wrote:
For R2 applicants, is there an indicative deadline at which point it's safe to assume there will no longer be interview invitations sent out?


I wrote a mail to the AdCom and they sent me the typical reply “interview invitations roll out till almost the decision dates”.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Jun 2019
Posts: 4
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2020, 20:35
is it good to assume that all interview invites were out by now and the rest of the candidates were rejected ??

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Jan 2020
Posts: 30
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.86
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2020, 20:42
2
JaswanthReddy wrote:
is it good to assume that all interview invites were out by now and the rest of the candidates were rejected ??

Posted from my mobile device


Last year people received invites as late as the first week of March, and that was with a decision date of Mar. 12. With a date of Mar. 26 for this year I feel there may be quite a few more invites available still, but I’m also not getting my own hopes up.

(750 48Q/44V, 3.86 electrical engineering, US Military here)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2019
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2020, 16:39
Hi, Italian applicant applying in R2; on Feb the 18th I reveived the "application complete and now under review" email but still no interview invitation; is this normal or should I worry about it? Thanks a lot

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2019
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2020, 16:40
Hi, Italian applicant applying in R2; on Feb the 18th I reveived the "application complete and now under review" email but still no interview invitation; is this normal or should I worry about it? Thanks a lot

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Sep 2019
Posts: 4
Location: India
GPA: 3.29
Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2020, 21:11
Hi, I'm an Indian applicant - just received my interview invite today.

There doesn't seem to be an off-campus interview option in India. But I do see a preset video interview option. Has anyone from R1/R2 here given video interviews for the full time MBA? Would love to know your experience

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jul 2018
Posts: 26
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.15
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2020, 22:08
anjalim12 wrote:
Hi, I'm an Indian applicant - just received my interview invite today.

There doesn't seem to be an off-campus interview option in India. But I do see a preset video interview option. Has anyone from R1/R2 here given video interviews for the full time MBA? Would love to know your experience

Posted from my mobile device


When I reached out the R1 Indian applicants who got an interview invite, except for one person, everyone else did it via the preset video questions. How did you hear about the interview invite? Was it portal or mail?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022   [#permalink] 07 Mar 2020, 22:08

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 150 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: variantguy






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne