GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Nov 2019, 01:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
BSchool Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 11:56
Haas invites have started rolling out. An invite has been reported on the decision tracker about an hour ago. Looks like they've started with the home ground first, anyone else who can confirm/add to this data point?

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.

My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2019, 07:06
variantguy wrote:
Haas invites have started rolling out. An invite has been reported on the decision tracker about an hour ago. Looks like they've started with the home ground first, anyone else who can confirm/add to this data point?

Here is a chat room to stay connected during the invitation release. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat2.php?fl=menu

Good luck everyone!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
BSchool Moderator
G
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2019, 11:45
Haas has been rolling out invites this entire week, even though the evidence seems to suggest it's a mini first wave. I looked up the current status of invites on both GMATClub and Clear Admit and here's what the data says:

GMATClub: Three invites reported so far on the decision tracker, all from the US.
Clear Admit: Nine invites reported so far - Six from across the US, one from China (GMAT 740), one from Romania (GMAT 770, GPA 3.72 :-o ), and one unreported location. Four of the six US applicants have been invited to interview during the interview day on campus.

Inferences:

1. Since the AdCom earlier mentioned that invites are rolled out geographically, it looks like they have started with the USA first, possibly the Americas together?? In which case, applicants from Canada and Latin America should stay alert! :)
2. Domestic invites seem to have been rolled out on priority for the on-campus interview day participation. I don't remember if there was an option for domestic students to indicate this as a preference. Anyone who can add to this?
3. Hard to explain the lone invites to the applicants from China and Romania. Could either be the 'random order' mentioned by the AdCom in their earlier communication or truly stellar profiles? It seems to be anybody's guess right now. Anyone with any data points on international applicant invites?

Conclusion:

As I said earlier, it looks like this week was a mini-wave of sorts (at least most of us would want to believe that :cool: ), and the process has started as per the timelines indicated by the AdCom. Coming weeks should bring in more cheer!

Till then, hold it together, everyone, and don't break the Refresh key!

Best,
V

Narenn wrote:
variantguy wrote:

Here is a chat room to stay connected during the invitation release. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat2.php?fl=menu

Good luck everyone!

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2019, 05:59
Hello all,

I randomly checked the application portal and my interview invite was there! Just sitting there. I don't know for how long. Haas never sent an email. So please check your portals everyday. They might not be sending emails to everyone.

Posted from my mobile device
BSchool Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2019, 06:03
Wow, congratulations and I can only imagine how seeing that invite must have felt!
I've heard this from other who got invited for Haas that their portals were updated before they received the emails, and have also heard that this has been happening for couple other schools as well, so I guess the general advice would be to keep checking portals on a regular basis.
If you don't mind me asking, where are you located? And all the best for your interview!

socialgood wrote:
Hello all,

I randomly checked the application portal and my interview invite was there! Just sitting there. I don't know for how long. Haas never sent an email. So please check your portals everyday. They might not be sending emails to everyone.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2019, 06:08
Hey thanks!

My location in Singapore. :)

Good luck for your results!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2019, 15:44
need some kind advice! i just started studying for GMAT and brainstorming about the essays. I have a feeling I wont be able to make it in time for R2 applications.

Should I rush my apps for R2 or take the extra 2 months to put in a strong application in R3. Is the acceptance rate for R3 significantly lower?
Sloan MIT School Moderator
P
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2019, 07:37
Hhpesojj wrote:
need some kind advice! i just started studying for GMAT and brainstorming about the essays. I have a feeling I wont be able to make it in time for R2 applications.

Should I rush my apps for R2 or take the extra 2 months to put in a strong application in R3. Is the acceptance rate for R3 significantly lower?

I can say nothing without knowing where you currently stand. I have seen people get ready for a 730 within a month and I've seen many cases who got there with 6 months of prep. Also, are you a current student? If yes, then you can go for deferred application in March. If you're currently working, better prepare well now, give GMAT when you're ready, don't rush into anything. You will be a better candidate next year in Round 1 with a 750 than a candidate with only 700 in round 2 this year.
If you're from an over represented pool, such as India or China, you might need to get 730 at least to "not be thrown away" by top 7 b-school. Yes, there are exceptions, but, it is rarity.

I'm a tutor myself. I have seen many students over the years, so this is experience talking.
Round 3 is the riskiest round and you have to show extra ordinary potential to get in to a top B-School say HAAS.
Also, please take the official GMAT practice test as soon as you are done with the understanding part. See what you score.
BIG ADVICE
The best way to write a story is to write it in reverse.
Select Target B-schools
See current class Profile
The b-Schools are hungry for keeping the statistics even
Now make sure your profile fits right into the class profile
Higher GPA and GMAT than Class profile are almost always a plus point

Also, knowing yourself is essential. If you were consistently poor in academics, there is a fair chance that Harvard will not take you, not because you're not talented or anything, they care about the numbers than potential. A higher GMAT will definitely offset for that but I do not wish to give you an unrealistic picture.
GOOD LUCK
Update me if you need help.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2019, 09:03
Businessconquerer wrote:

I can say nothing without knowing where you currently stand. I have seen people get ready for a 730 within a month and I've seen many cases who got there with 6 months of prep. Also, are you a current student? If yes, then you can go for deferred application in March. If you're currently working, better prepare well now, give GMAT when you're ready, don't rush into anything. You will be a better candidate next year in Round 1 with a 750 than a candidate with only 700 in round 2 this year.
If you're from an over represented pool, such as India or China, you might need to get 730 at least to "not be thrown away" by top 7 b-school. Yes, there are exceptions, but, it is rarity.

I'm a tutor myself. I have seen many students over the years, so this is experience talking.
Round 3 is the riskiest round and you have to show extra ordinary potential to get in to a top B-School say HAAS.
Also, please take the official GMAT practice test as soon as you are done with the understanding part. See what you score.
BIG ADVICE
The best way to write a story is to write it in reverse.
Select Target B-schools
See current class Profile
The b-Schools are hungry for keeping the statistics even
Now make sure your profile fits right into the class profile
Higher GPA and GMAT than Class profile are almost always a plus point

Also, knowing yourself is essential. If you were consistently poor in academics, there is a fair chance that Harvard will not take you, not because you're not talented or anything, they care about the numbers than potential. A higher GMAT will definitely offset for that but I do not wish to give you an unrealistic picture.
GOOD LUCK
Update me if you need help.

Thanks for this! I am looking only at Berkeley's EWMBA program as I have a full-time job in finance and will have to continue living at the Bay Area. Not sure if I am from an over-represented pool as I am from Singapore.
Sia Admissions Representative
G
Affiliations: NYU, Yale

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2019, 12:02
Hi Hhpesojj,

Happy to hear that you have started your GMAT studies. I totally understand the stress that comes with the application process. Time-management is essential to ensure you don't submit a rushed application that is not reflective of you, your ambitions, and your potential. That said, I rarely recommend applying to Round 3 - unless, of course, a client has a stellar profile. I cannot speak about your profile, as I do not have enough data points to provide an accurate assessment. If you would find it beneficial, I recommend we speak offline to discuss your background and provide an evaluation as to which round you should target, realistically. If you are interested, please reach out.

Good luck with your GMAT and the application process.

Susan

Hhpesojj wrote:

+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a complimentary profile evaluation
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2019, 16:58
Anyone applied to MBA/MPH program? Curious if anyone heard back yet since interviews are rolling out

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2019, 18:19
Applied to the MBA/MPH program too and haven’t heard back.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V51
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2019, 11:08
To those in the know: is there a meaningful difference between an invite to the Haas Interview Day vs. a selection of dates and times for individual on-/off-campus interviews? Curious about the background logic for some candidates receiving Invite A vs. Invite B.

From what I can tell, geography is not the only factor (e.g. US East Coast candidates are receiving both types of invites from Haas).
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.59

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2019, 13:41
Applied to the MBA/MPH program too and also haven’t heard back.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.27
WE: Other (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 13:27
Who all have received an interview invite? So far nothing here (based out San Francisco).
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 16:42
I just received a interview invite. I am a MBA/MPH applicant

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2019, 13:35
A new Haas Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/haas-195/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1048
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2019, 07:45
Is there any advantage of interviewing on campus? I am scheduled to interview on campus but off campus slots for my city just opened up. I would like to avoid flying cross country, but wanted to know peoples thoughts.

Invited to Interview
31 Oct, 2019
31 Oct 2019, 18:33
Private, GMAT: 720; GPA: 3.5; United States, CA; via Portal_update
I did not receive an email (I believe they are only sent on Tuesdays), but my portal was updated around 5pm ET. [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.57

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2019, 09:23
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to affirm what others are saying, I did not receive an email but found out that I was invited to interview this week. I found out on Thursday 10/31 for what it's worth so keep checking!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022   [#permalink] 02 Nov 2019, 09:23

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 56 posts ] 

Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: variantguy