Last visit was: 12 May 2024, 03:13 It is currently 12 May 2024, 03:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GRE 1: Q169 V157
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake (Class of 2023) [#permalink]
shivenpatel112 wrote:
Anyone else still waiting to hear back? Per their FAQs, they mention interview invites will be sent up to 4 weeks after the deadline. This has now passed and I'm deeply nervous this equals a ding for me. Anyone have thoughts on their timeline?

I am waiting. I think the invites will be sent till a few days before the decision date.
Current Student
Send PM
Haas has very few indians in class and in case they were offered deferrals, chances would be even slimmer for those this year. Havent seen/heard of any indian getting an invite from Haas this year (solely based on clearadmit livewire) Already starting to lose hope. :(

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Agreed. Chances are very slim. Purely from data available, international candidates made up 100-110 (35-39%) of Class of 2020 and Class of 2021, respectively. However, international candidates were down to ~70 (~21%) in Class of 2022. Thus, we can expect at least 30-40 international seats already filled for Class of 2023, unless any of them are applying to other schools and give up their seat here. That said, I know of at least 1 Indian who has joined Haas in Berkeley this year, maybe I will try and get more info from him.

Btw, I think, some Indians have received interview invites, based on 1 entry each in Decision Tracker and Haas chat room.
Invited to Interview
29 Oct, 2020
30 Oct 2020, 08:37
DxEntrepreneur GRE: 333, Q167, V166; GPA: 3.04; United States, MA; via Email
Email w/ option to do Skype or prerecorded response. Opted for live Skype. Time slot/geographic location shown across roughly a week of selection options. Selection prompts you to confirm platform w/ interviewer (in my case an alum was matched). [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
GRE 1: Q161 V157
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
zerotoone wrote:
Agreed. Chances are very slim. Purely from data available, international candidates made up 100-110 (35-39%) of Class of 2020 and Class of 2021, respectively. However, international candidates were down to ~70 (~21%) in Class of 2022. Thus, we can expect at least 30-40 international seats already filled for Class of 2023, unless any of them are applying to other schools and give up their seat here. That said, I know of at least 1 Indian who has joined Haas in Berkeley this year, maybe I will try and get more info from him.

Btw, I think, some Indians have received interview invites, based on 1 entry each in Decision Tracker and Haas chat room.

True. In one of the virtual chats, this very issue was bought up. However, the adcom were very clear that deferrals won't affect the current admissions process to a great extent.

In addition, I received an additional update a couple of days ago stating that they're still reviewing the applications and that interviews can be sent at any point up to the deadline. I'm guessing it might be difficult for them to transition completely online and match with interviewers/find slots.

I hope this helps :)
Current Student
Send PM
While I dont mean to dampen your spirit, it’s obvious that they wont say it openly that they dont have seats left in class. Why would they want to lose out on application money .

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 30
GRE 1: Q161 V157
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
Kudos
parik92 wrote:
While I dont mean to dampen your spirit, it’s obvious that they wont say it openly that they dont have seats left in class. Why would they want to lose out on application money .

Oh, no, not at all!! I could be wrong, its just that I assumed the case to be so because Haas's website mentions that deferrals were case-specific and was not common.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I've recently been invited for an interview. They've offered either to do it either remotely live or a pre-recorded version. I'm inclined to do it live since it'll feel more natural. What do other's think?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [2]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Kudos
lostidentity01 wrote:
I've recently been invited for an interview. They've offered either to do it either remotely live or a pre-recorded version. I'm inclined to do it live since it'll feel more natural. What do other's think?

I took the Live option and had a really great & insightful time. My interviewer was very open to share his Haas experiences, and even gave me very practical tips to help me get the most out of the MBA experience. Haas Adcoms talk a lot about how strong & helpful the Haas community is and you'd really experience that through the live interview.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
lostidentity01 wrote:

Has anyone done the video option? How did it go for you?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Anyone else here get an email today inviting them to take part in a mock class?

Event is not posted on their public admissions events page, and the email said "Over the next few weeks, our faculty will teach special sessions for some prospective students to get an inside look into Berkeley Haas.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
mbastemlady wrote:

Event is not posted on their public admissions events page, and the email said "Over the next few weeks, our faculty will teach special sessions for some prospective students to get an inside look into Berkeley Haas.

Got one last week but not sure if it means anything? I signed up for a class anyway (wanted to join 2 but the other 1 is too early for my timezone — 3AM 😂).

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q158 V154
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
mbastemlady wrote:

Interesting, didn't catch that "some" part at first. I did my video interview two weeks ago and just received an email for a virtual class visit about an hour ago.
Current Student
Send PM
Yeah same here ... but are you able to sign up ? There isnt any option to sign up ...

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
parik92 wrote:
Yeah same here ... but are you able to sign up ? There isnt any option to sign up ...

I was able to sign up for 1 class last week, but maybe slots are already full that's why you can't sign up now? Not sure though.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q158 V154
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
jcl07 wrote:
parik92 wrote:

I was able to sign up for 1 class last week, but maybe slots are already full that's why you can't sign up now? Not sure though.

I was only able to sign up for one class as well. I looked at all of the class options that are allowing sit-ins and they all seemed fairly interesting, but I’m only allowed to register for the Accounting 101 class lol
Current Student
Send PM
Okay ... when I click on the link, it opens up a page with no option to sign up and neither does it mention that registration capacity has been exceeded. Weird.

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts