Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:40 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 610 Q44 V30
GMAT 3: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 4: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 5: 760 Q50 V41 (Online)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 470
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Ask INSEAD Admissions [#permalink]
No, you dont. Ensure the college transcript explicitly calls out that the medium of instruction was English

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Hi Advait08,
I have the same questions as you. Did you manage to get an answer?

Advait08 wrote:
Hi,
I am in the process of writing the INSEAD MBA application for R2 and have a couple of questions for INSEADadmissions.
1. In the International exposure section, there is a need to fill in end date for the program, and that does not exceed the current date. However, I am currently working full time at international location, and will quit my job only if and when I am joining INSEAD. What should be the end date I should write?
2. What are the certificates INSEAD expects under 'Results and certificates' part for Supporting Documents section? (Do we attach our degree certificates here)

I know these are slightly technical questions, but appreciate your help.

Regards,
Advait

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I didnt get an answer, so I juat filled in the latest available date.
Under certficates section, therea is nothing called out explicitly, so you may use it as per your liking.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Thanks! I will do the same then.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi, i wish to understand if i should retake my GMAT or current profile and score is competitive enough for admissions and scholarships?
I have 690 (Q 47, V37). Female, CA and IFRs diploma. I have been working in hong kong for 3 years now. Have almost 6 years of work experience- 3 years india and rest in hong kong. Have been working with a very diverse community. Strong academic background: CA final rank, Gpa of 3.7 in SRCC, DU and High school topper.
I wish to apply for january 2022 intake so not sure if have enough time for a gmat retake.
Thank you.

MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Neham406,

From the details you've provided, your profile looks quite competitive. Your academic background does exhibit a high potential in you and your undergrad institution is one of the most reputed ones in the country. Therefore, a low GMAT may not have a very adverse impact on your profile.

I do not have any detail of your work-ex, the leadership experiences and your impact which are some of the most important criterias. But you do tick the box of international experience and diversity (as you've worked with a diverse community) which INSEAD stresses on. So, assuming you have all the aspects very strong, you may not need to take GMAT.

Also, if it comforts you, we have, in the last year, converted a candidate with a 670 GMAT score in the third round of INSEAD. So, you need to work extensively on the story you're going to project and on digging in deep your fit to INSEAD. If you want a better opinion over this, we would love to connect with you and hear your story. Feel free to connect with me as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma, Linkedin
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

Neham406 wrote:
Hi, i wish to understand if i should retake my GMAT or current profile and score is competitive enough for admissions and scholarships?
I have 690 (Q 47, V37). Female, CA and IFRs diploma. I have been working in hong kong for 3 years now. Have almost 6 years of work experience- 3 years india and rest in hong kong. Have been working with a very diverse community. Strong academic background: CA final rank, Gpa of 3.7 in SRCC, DU and High school topper.
I wish to apply for january 2022 intake so not sure if have enough time for a gmat retake.
Thank you.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
Hi,

I'm an insead aspirant and plan to apply in round 1 for Jan 2022 intake. I'm a career switcher (from finance to consulting). I will have 8.5 years of work ex as on matriculation and my GMAT score is 730 (Q50 V39). I work for Moody's as a credit analyst and interact with internal international teams but I don't have any international work ex.

I already have MBA from an Indian bschool (NMIMS Mumbai) where I was in the top 10% of the class.

MBAandBeyond wanted your opinion on my profile.

Thank you😁

MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi My3Mac,

First of all congratulations on scoring 730 in GMAT.

It’s difficult to evaluate your profile on limited details you shared on your profile description. I would love to do more valuable analysis for you but for that, I would need you to share more information about your work experience.

To give you some more context, INSEAD looks for the following attributes in your application:

1) Ability to contribute
2) Leadership skills
3) International Motivation
4) Academics

The plus point is you have a strong GMAT score and a big brand in your CV. Also, when INSEAD says it looks for international motivation in your application, it nowhere implies that you need to step out of the borders and live abroad. What it means is you should have global awareness which needs to be reflected in your life aspirations. Exhibit the experiential examples in your profile so that the aforementioned attributes can be reflected from your profile. I believe your 8.5 years of experience will definitely help you dig some interesting stories that can help you stand out from the crowd.

But, a career switch after almost 8 years of work-ex can make your profile unreasonable to a full-time MBA. I am keen to know the motivations behind your goal of switching to consulting. Also as you are doing your second MBA, you have to put forth substantiate and persuasive reasons to adcoms as to how this MBA from Insead makes sense for you.

Happy to evaluate deeper once you share more details. Alternatively, if you’d like I am happy to hop on a call with you sometimes this week to discuss your profile in further detail. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma, Linkedin
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

My3Mac wrote:
Hi,

I'm an insead aspirant and plan to apply in round 1 for Jan 2022 intake. I'm a career switcher (from finance to consulting). I will have 8.5 years of work ex as on matriculation and my GMAT score is 730 (Q50 V39). I work for Moody's as a credit analyst and interact with internal international teams but I don't have any international work ex.

I already have MBA from an Indian bschool (NMIMS Mumbai) where I was in the top 10% of the class.

MBAandBeyond wanted your opinion on my profile.

Thank you😁

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Following my GMAT score of 740 (Q48 with 67% percentile hopefully doesn't disqualify me...) I'm on the home stretch of finalizing my application. Super excited and hopeful, though some work left to do.

I'd appreciate any input on the following :) - The two referees I'm 'recruiting' are both ex-bosses. One of whom just left my current firm very recently, so that person's not my direct boss any longer --> would this be considered a sufficient 'current' referee? This person was an MD and is a luminary in the market and I'm banking heavily on their very positive feedback - unfortunately, since they've left while I have a very good standing at my firm I just feel that no one else has worked closely enough and long enough with me to give this input.
When have they left? technically about six months ago, but due to gardening leave it looks like it's been more recently.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Answering my own question here - I checked with INSEAD directly already. As long as the referee was a supervisor within 6 months of the application they typically accept this as equivalent to 'current.'
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Excellent ralphi thank you so much for researching that and sharing it with the group. By the way, regarding the 67%, I am a little worried because they state their minimum standards as 70-75%; if retaking the exam is out of the question, I would recommend that you do MBA Math to give them enough security that you will be able to keep up with the breakneck pace of the course. You might even mention t his is your plan and see if you get a hot or cold response.
Raphi wrote:
Answering my own question here - I checked with INSEAD directly already. As long as the referee was a supervisor within 6 months of the application they typically accept this as equivalent to 'current.'
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Now you have me more worried than I was before :-).

I could definitely get more (I missed a few I could have usually solved because of the proctors interruptions and stress and was scoring higher on Q in prep). I was quite conscious it's not above the 70% threshold and INSEAD cares about the balance heavily. I was strongly hoping that because I went from 640 - 740, because my GPA (including exchanges at top universities) is quite high, and because I'm 67% (vs. 50%), so not way off, this should not be a major weakness.

Would appreciate additional opinions on this (even if these also are I should consider re-taking...)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 2.8
WE:Project Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Raphi wrote:

I could definitely get more (I missed a few I could have usually solved because of the proctors interruptions and stress and was scoring higher on Q in prep). I was quite conscious it's not above the 70% threshold and INSEAD cares about the balance heavily. I was strongly hoping that because I went from 640 - 740, because my GPA (including exchanges at top universities) is quite high, and because I'm 67% (vs. 50%), so not way off, this should not be a major weakness.

Would appreciate additional opinions on this (even if these also are I should consider re-taking...)

Will INSEAD still keep the 75% requirement for Quant? I would imagine they would be a little bit lenient considering the competition is just that much tougher specifically in Quant. If your verbal is high, and the rest of your profile looks good, I'd be hopeful they would look over it.

Based on what I've seen in the past on here/other forums, sometimes the admission officer can come back and subtly hint that you need to raise your score etc.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sorry Raphi my objective is not to worry you, but to help you get into INSEAD. If you can retake do so, if not, do MBA Math at minimum and really really articulate the diversity you would bring to the class. Given that application volumes are high right now, you will face competition from those with a similar profile but a better test score. If you can set yourself apart successfully from a diversity standpoint, there will be less upwards pressure on your test score but you still need to meet minimum standards for them to feel reassured that you will be successful in the classroom. Make sure to highlight evidence of quant readiness in addl info (grades, CFA)

Raphi wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi

The INSEAD application contains the following sentence:

In cases where applicants have taken a test more than once, or have taken both the GMAT and the GRE test, they must report all valid scores as part of the application.

I've taken the test multiple times but have seen very marginal improvement in my scores. Is it mandatory that I submit the scores for all the tests that I've taken?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 696
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
flick150 wrote:
Hi

The INSEAD application contains the following sentence:

In cases where applicants have taken a test more than once, or have taken both the GMAT and the GRE test, they must report all valid scores as part of the application.

I've taken the test multiple times but have seen very marginal improvement in my scores. Is it mandatory that I submit the scores for all the tests that I've taken?

Yes you do, some say it’s a bit of a sly move by INSEAD but you should submit all official scores you’ve gotten, unless you’ve cancelled some of those scores.

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived INSEAD Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our INSEAD Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated INSEAD Forum for all fresh things related to the INSEAD MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts