GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Feb 2019, 18:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA ADMISSIONS INTERVIEW: On Campus Vs. Off Campus

February 18, 2019

February 18, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Learn how On-Campus & Off-Campus interviews are structured, and when your should opt for on-campus interview. Subscribe to our Youtube channel to get notifications of upcoming videos.
  • GMAT vs GRE - Insider Insights and Tips to Help You Decide

February 20, 2019

February 20, 2019

12:00 PM EST

01:00 PM EST

Planning to apply to business school? Don't know which standardized test to take? Noodle Pros experts will discuss the nitty gritty of the GMAT vs GRE. Monday, Feb. 11th at 12 PM and 7 PM ET

Ask INSEAD Admissions

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q38 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
WE: Marketing (Retail)
Ask INSEAD Admissions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 08:24
tsuxinhah wrote:
Hi loneo3006!

Good to see you moving forward with the application!
The recommended minimum is 7.5 so I think you are fine :)
Are you applying for R1 Jan 2020 intake?

Thanks tsuxinhah and MBAPrepCoach, I knew about the requirement but just wanted to check whether a better score would improve my application (I definitively could have done better at this test) or whether admission jurys don't really care about IELTS score and just want to make sure you tick the minimum requirements.

Though, your first replies are already reassuring.

Best

710 "en image": how one overcame its difficulties in Quant (Q38 toQ47)
Bahia-Curiosa: alien and monster tshirt, sweatshirt, legging, phone case, notebook and other apparels

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: INSEAD Jan '20
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Re: Ask INSEAD Admissions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 12:58
I see what you mean. INSEAD strictly mentions that academic capacity is assessed through GMAT and GPA so I think they really don't care about the score - just want to make sure that you will be able to communicate effectively :)

hope this helps!
INSEAD Thread Master
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 23:30
Hi loneo3006 if you know you could have done better on the test, I would go ahead and take it again if doing so will not sacrifice application quality. If you have not even drafted essays yet and plan to apply 2/20 then your time is better spent doing that of course. Your score meets minimum standards but like all tests the higher the score the better off you are. All things being equal between you and another candidate who has a high language score the spot would go to them. The reason I think I would retake it is because many candidates do not feel awesome about their performance in the video questions; you will want adcom to have the best possible view of your communication abilities to hedge on this.

loneo3006 wrote:
tsuxinhah wrote:
Hi loneo3006!

Good to see you moving forward with the application!
The recommended minimum is 7.5 so I think you are fine :)
Are you applying for R1 Jan 2020 intake?

Thanks tsuxinhah and MBAPrepCoach, I knew about the requirement but just wanted to check whether a better score would improve my application (I definitively could have done better at this test) or whether admission jurys don't really care about IELTS score and just want to make sure you tick the minimum requirements.

Though, your first replies are already reassuring.

Best

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.87

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 23:08
ruchikagulati18 wrote:
Hi

Could anyone please let me know if they can volunteer to review my profile for INSEAD Sep 2019 Intake?
Please PM me.

Thanks,
Ruchika Gulati

Hi Ruchika

I'll be happy to do a free profile evaluation if there's still time left for you to submit your application! If you've already submitted then all the best for your application :)

-
- Abhinay (INSEAD MBA Class of 2017 Dec)

I was in your shoes a couple of years ago when I needed MBA Admissions Consulting services and guidance from current students and alumni but always faced the problem of either the admissions consultants being too expensive to afford or not knowing the right student/alumnus from my target school who can guide me. I graduated recently in Dec 2017 from INSEAD and realized that this needs to change and democratizing the consulting process makes much more sense. This is why I have started Easy MBA Admit - An Admissions Consulting service for the people, by the people. Why should you be interested? Here's why:

1. The most affordable admissions consulting service with services starting at $100 (mostly to cover operational expenses) - because we believe more in paying it forward and helping future MBA aspirants rather than making huge profits.

2. All services offered by recent alumni/current students from top B Schools like INSEAD, LBS, CBS, Kellogg, Stern, IESE, Wharton, etc. motivated by goodwill and who were in your shoes not too long ago and hence know how best to position your application.

3. Proud to say that so far we have had a 100% success record at placing aspirants in their target schools. Examples include INSEAD, LBS, IESE, HEC Paris, CBS, Wharton, Kellogg, Stern, NUS, NTU and more

4. Get your Free Intro Call (https://www.easymbaadmit.com/services-1/free-intro-call) with no obligations attached. If you do book any of our services we have a money back guarantee in case you don't like the service.

Website - https://www.easymbaadmit.com
Email - easymbaadmit@gmail.com

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Ask INSEAD Admissions   [#permalink] 09 Feb 2019, 23:08

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   [ 304 posts ] 

Ask INSEAD Admissions

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, Hideto

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap