Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:16 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi StratusMike

Thank you for your valuable insights! Truly appreciate your evaluation.

I shall action on the points you’ve pointed out

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 121
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
I kindly request you to evaluate my profile

28 year old / Indian / Female
Chartered accountant
CIMA - level II
Class XII - 98%

Work experience
3 years (as part of the CA course) at a leading CA firm, one among the top 10 in India and globally

Post qualification I moved to Malaysia because of personal reasons. My work exp here is as follows:
1 year - senior finance executive - leading the accounts payable and treasury team reporting directly to the CFO.
1 year - Senior internal auditor at an Oil and gas company performing process audits
2-year career break post maternity

Currently a partner working remotely at a Venture capital/incubator based in Chennai and also the Finance head of a startup, an online portal for second hand homes resale.

Extracurricular/Achievements:

Best outgoing student award at Class XII
First student in my school to achieve 100% in 3 subjects in Class XII board exams
Best audit team of the year award - for audit of a leading hotel
Part of the school eco club - planting saplings, waste segregation drive
Teach English to students at an NGO called Naane Khawab.

Post MBA goals
Corporate finance, corporate startegy, internal advisory

Wharton/Booth - would i qualify?
I'm worried about the 2 gap years and post qualification work experience in small/medium companies

Or should I target an MS finance? Or other schools? Request inputs on this

GMAT - yet to give (Target 750 - July end)

Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Bhu750,

Keep focusing on the GMAT. A 750 would be a fantastic score to cement your academic aptitude at these two top programs. With strong academic history, I think you're currently in good shape on showing you can handle the academic rigor.

Many people have gaps on their resume, and it's important that you confront your gap with an honest explanation. The first part is obviously that you took time off for maternity leave. However, if there's more to the story, then just be honest explaining the situation. For example, were there medical complications? Did other family commitments come into play? Did you intend to not go back to work, but then had a change of heart because of some event/reflection? You may find this blog helpful: What If I Have an Employment Gap on My Resume?. You'll want to write an optional essay about it, so share the storyline with a few people to make sure it's logical and makes sense without leaving questions for AdComs.

Your actual employment experience looks strong based on the high level view you provided. Programs want diverse backgrounds and welcome expeirences from many walks of life. Working with small companies doesn't hurt your chances, but because the context of your work will be less known than a big firm with a more recognizable career path, you need to be very diligent in demonstrating the progressions, skillset and experiences that demonstrate the themes you want to communicate throughout your application.

Lastly, I suggest some further exploration of your career goals and how an MBA fits in. Based on your experience and education to date, what's the need for an MBA?

Hope these thoughts are helpful and I'm happy to talk through these and other questions if you'd like to set up a Free Consultation.

Bhu750 wrote:
I kindly request you to evaluate my profile

28 year old / Indian / Female
Chartered accountant
CIMA - level II
Class XII - 98%

Work experience
3 years (as part of the CA course) at a leading CA firm, one among the top 10 in India and globally

Post qualification I moved to Malaysia because of personal reasons. My work exp here is as follows:
1 year - senior finance executive - leading the accounts payable and treasury team reporting directly to the CFO.
1 year - Senior internal auditor at an Oil and gas company performing process audits
2-year career break post maternity

Currently a partner working remotely at a Venture capital/incubator based in Chennai and also the Finance head of a startup, an online portal for second hand homes resale.

Extracurricular/Achievements:

Best outgoing student award at Class XII
First student in my school to achieve 100% in 3 subjects in Class XII board exams
Best audit team of the year award - for audit of a leading hotel
Part of the school eco club - planting saplings, waste segregation drive
Teach English to students at an NGO called Naane Khawab.

Post MBA goals
Corporate finance, corporate startegy, internal advisory

Wharton/Booth - would i qualify?
I'm worried about the 2 gap years and post qualification work experience in small/medium companies

Or should I target an MS finance? Or other schools? Request inputs on this

GMAT - yet to give (Target 750 - July end)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hi,
I would really like to get a view on my profile. I am planning to apply for the 2022 Intake

Nationality: Indian
GMAT Score: Not taken yet, Aim: 740+

Educational Background:
• Delhi Public School R.K. Puram (Grade 12) - Graduated with 92%
• Jesus and Mary College, Delhi University - Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) - Graduated with 7.56 CGPA, First Division

Professional Work Experience:
• Management Consulting Analyst at Accenture India for 3 + years (Front End consulting)
• Worked on various strategy projects across multiple sectors (FMCG, FMCD, Retail, Oil and Gas, Infrastructure, Auto) with a focus on ecommerce and digital transformation. Few of which are listed below:
o Building and Piloting a digital platform for a prominent Indian Co.
o Fleet Card Strategy for a Global Oil and Gas company (across 18 countries)
o Driving E-com Sales using Digital Marketing Strategies for an Indian Apparel Co
• Assisted in multiple recruitment drives for the company, multiple trainings in Digital marketing and analytics
• 2 internships: Del monte, Leo Burnett

Other Certifications/Research Work:
• Young Leaders for Active Citizenship, Policy in Action Fellow [2021]
• Distance course in Guidance and Counselling from Jamia Islamia

Extra-Curricular:
• Manager at AIESEC in Delhi IIT, managed a team of 4
• Delhi State Level Athlete
• Western Vocal Music, Initial with Distinction - Delhi School of Music
• Kathak, Junior Diploma - First Division with Distinction from the Prayag Sangeet Samiti
• Handpicked for Summer Workshop with National School of Drama
• Worked with National Service scheme for 2 years during college
• Part of multiple clubs in college : Entrepreneurship Cell, marketing Society, Indian Music Society, Core team of commerce department etc.
• Ex-Deputy Editor/ Operational Head for a digital publication aimed at providing a platform for underrepresented voices in India – helped launch it and worked on it for 5-6 months.

Short Term Goal: To Start my journey as an entrepreneur

Long Term Goal: My long-term goals are at the cross-roads of entrepreneurship and social development consulting and I hope the knowledge and network that I gain during my MBA will be able to facilitate that
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi nanya18, happy to provide some thoughts!

I've added my thoughts in-line in blue.

nanya18 wrote:
Hi,
I would really like to get a view on my profile. I am planning to apply for the 2022 Intake

Nationality: Indian
GMAT Score: Not taken yet, Aim: 740+ Excellent - keep studying! This is an important datapoint for schools. Looks like you have a strong academic background, so coupled with a strong GMAT score you'll show you're academically capable of excelling in the demanding classroom during B-school.

Educational Background:
• Delhi Public School R.K. Puram (Grade 12) - Graduated with 92%
• Jesus and Mary College, Delhi University - Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) - Graduated with 7.56 CGPA, First Division

Professional Work Experience: You've listed some great experiences here. Highlighting any leadership, international and entrepreneurial (because of your career goals) experience will be helpful. Also, admissions committees like to see where you've stood out from your peers, so even if you don't have an accelerated promotion path, including areas you've been recognized for your performance would be helpful. Overall, however, this looks like strong experience and you're within the sweet-spot of 3-8 years of professional experience at time of matriculation.
• Management Consulting Analyst at Accenture India for 3 + years (Front End consulting)
• Worked on various strategy projects across multiple sectors (FMCG, FMCD, Retail, Oil and Gas, Infrastructure, Auto) with a focus on ecommerce and digital transformation. Few of which are listed below:
o Building and Piloting a digital platform for a prominent Indian Co.
o Fleet Card Strategy for a Global Oil and Gas company (across 18 countries)
o Driving E-com Sales using Digital Marketing Strategies for an Indian Apparel Co
• Assisted in multiple recruitment drives for the company, multiple trainings in Digital marketing and analytics
• 2 internships: Del monte, Leo Burnett

Other Certifications/Research Work: Looks like this fits in well with your career goals - great to have a tangible link between past experiences and future aspirations.
• Young Leaders for Active Citizenship, Policy in Action Fellow [2021]
• Distance course in Guidance and Counselling from Jamia Islamia

Extra-Curricular: Love to see the management/leadership experience! Also, as an athlete you may have some interesting experiences that demonstrate traits that are attractive at Booth (for instance, grit, teamwork, growth mindset, goal-oriented, preparation). Do you have any entrepreneurship experience? I see you helped launch a digital publication so that may qualify, however if your goal is to be an entrepreneur, schools will want to see you know what that means. It sounds exciting (and is!), however demonstrating that you have the experience and understand the realities helps provide credibility to your aspirations.
• Manager at AIESEC in Delhi IIT, managed a team of 4
• Delhi State Level Athlete
• Western Vocal Music, Initial with Distinction - Delhi School of Music
• Kathak, Junior Diploma - First Division with Distinction from the Prayag Sangeet Samiti
• Handpicked for Summer Workshop with National School of Drama
• Worked with National Service scheme for 2 years during college
• Part of multiple clubs in college : Entrepreneurship Cell, marketing Society, Indian Music Society, Core team of commerce department etc.
• Ex-Deputy Editor/ Operational Head for a digital publication aimed at providing a platform for underrepresented voices in India – helped launch it and worked on it for 5-6 months.

Short Term Goal: To Start my journey as an entrepreneur

Long Term Goal: My long-term goals are at the cross-roads of entrepreneurship and social development consulting and I hope the knowledge and network that I gain during my MBA will be able to facilitate that. Booth has fantastic entrepreneurship and social enterprise resources - certainly the program can help you bridge the gap. I encourage you to look specifically at the programs and be specific about which resources you'll use (Social New Venture Challenge, Entrepreneurship concentration, Building the New Venture class, etc).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Booth (I)
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GRE 1: Q164 V157
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Female, Indian, US Citizen
3.2 undergrads GPA in petroleum engineering. 3.9 in masters in petroleum engineering
GMAT: 670 (49Q 34V)
6 years of work experience in oil and gas
Held numerous leadership positions in Society of Petroleum Engineers at local, regional, and international levels. Multiple industry award recipient in petroleum engineering
Post MBA Goals- lead a technical team in data analytics and technical analysis. Stay in the oil and gas industry but shut my role to include a finance background
Target school: Booth part time.

What are my chances?

MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi yup55,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your undergrad GPA is good, and you have a good GMAT score and GPA for the PT MBA program at Booth. You didn't share much about your experience on the work front, but I'm assuming it is good and impactful. You can share an instance where you were in a leadership position; this will add leadership attributes to your profile. Regarding your post-MBA goals, you will need to provide convincing reasons for pursuing a PT MBA and how an MBA from Booth can help you fill gaps in your profile and achieve your goals. What matters most in your profile is how you connect the dots and create a compelling story. Overall, a good profile and a shot at the business school. We have a 100% conversion rate for oil and gas professionals, you can read some success stories here.

I hope this helps! If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to b-school. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Community Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

yup55 wrote:
3.2 undergrads GPA in petroleum engineering. 3.9 in masters in petroleum engineering
Held numerous leadership positions in Society of Petroleum Engineers at local, regional, and international levels. Multiple industry award recipient in petroleum engineering
Post MBA Goals- lead a technical team in data analytics and technical analysis. Stay in the oil and gas industry but shut my role to include a finance background

What are my chances?

Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi yup55,

Thank you for your post! Part-time programs are a great way to get the experience of an MBA without taking time off work. Students usually fall below 37 years old and are trending younger, with the majority falling between 27 and 32. It sounds like you fit within this range, given your work experience.

Personal MBA Coach has worked with many clients from oil and gas backgrounds and we can certainly talk with you about how to best position this experience in the context of your MBA applications. We have applicants from this industry into the M7s and many of the other top business schools.

Since Booth is a competitive school, you will want to work on maximizing your GMAT. You will want to aim to break 730 to make yourself a competitive applicant.

What other schools are you targeting? As competition increases and acceptance rates fall, candidates are now applying to 5 to 8 schools on average. School selection is part of our comprehensive services and we would be happy to help provide guidance here.

Feel free to send a note to scott@personalmbacoach.com if you are looking to hire a consultant!

Best,
Personal MBA Coach

yup55 wrote:

What are my chances?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Work experience - Will be completing 4 years work experience with McKinsey and Company as a data scientist.
Undergraduation - Completed my undergraduation from one of the top engineering colleges (Delhi Technological University) in India in Mathematics and Computing Engineering.
School - Got 10 CGPA in 10th and 97% in 12th boards CBSE
GMAT - Got 700 in GMAT (Q49, V36, IR4, AWA4).
Others - Have been involved in various social and co-curricular activities such as National level Horse riding, State level Air Rifle Shooting, Command level football, etc

Is aiming for Booth ambitious, realistic or sureshot?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 750 Q41 V50
Send PM
Hi, can someone please evaluate my profile!
I am an Indian Male.

Educational Qualification:
BCom from BMCC, Pune University (65%)
MCom from St. Vincents, Pune University (8.5/10 CGPA)
Chartered Accountant (second attempt clear)

Work Ex: ( 4 yrs at Big4 Assurance)
Extracurriculars: Participated in activities of the firm such as mentorship program, donation drives. Also record audiobooks for an NGO
GMAT Score: 750

Recommendations: can get recommendations from immediate seniors, managers or partners at Big4.
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello Cobra503,

Thank you for your post. Your work experience sounds promising, though I would want to learn more about your career progression and post-MBA goals, as you will want to share how you are unique.

Your personal story will also be key in helping you stand out from other applicants. Personal MBA Coach started with the premise that everyone has a personal story and that the most successful candidates craft unique and compelling stories. This continues to be a cornerstone of our support and the area where we find our clients need the most guidance.

As for your GMAT, this score should situate you well since Booth Indian male applicants will have higher GMAT scores in the 740-760 range for top programs.

Where else are you applying to? Personal MBA Coach suggests targeting 5 to 8 schools to maximize your chances of success as competition increases and acceptance rates fall. Do not hesitate to reach out to scott@personalmbacoach.com to further discuss your candidacy and application strategy.

Regards,
Personal MBA Coach

Cobra503 wrote:
I am an Indian Male.

Extracurriculars: Participated in activities of the firm such as mentorship program, donation drives. Also record audiobooks for an NGO

Recommendations: can get recommendations from immediate seniors, managers or partners at Big4.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Cobra503,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with the stats, your undergrad GPA is good, and you have a solid GMAT score so, this part is pretty sorted. As you have not provided more details about your work experience and extracurricular activities, it is difficult for me to provide you with a thorough review. But based on what I can see and assess from these details, it looks good. As you have worked in a Big 4, you must be acquainted with global companies, which helped broaden your perspective. You have a good chance as long as you showcase amazing stories of 'impact' and 'leadership.' I'd like to learn more about your profile, such as your roles and responsibilities you have undertaken, ECs, impact, and so on, in order to provide you with a realistic evaluation. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and gauge your fit for the b-schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Testimonials

Cobra503 wrote:
I am an Indian Male.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
Send PM
It'd be greatly appreciated if anyone could evaluate my profile!

Background and nationality: Korean(US & Korea dual citizen), currently working in Korea.
Undergrad Information: Top 70 US University, GPA 3.12
GMAT: 760 (Q 50/ V 41)
Work experience and leadership: 70 months matriculation at top-tier local investment bank in Korea. Structured overseas alternative investment products (real estate, trade finance, infrastructure, etc.) 2 promotions.

Community and others: Tennis coach for volunteer
VP of student club during college
Worked for an institute that teaches juniors in finance

Post MBA goals: Join a private equity focusing in alternative investment.

Others: Served in the Korean military for 2 years
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi acehorse7,

Happy to provide some feedback. Looks like you have some great work experience and a strong GMAT score, which is a wonderful start. Iassume you're applying this year (for 2022 matriculation), is that accurate? I made some notes below in-line in blue, however if you're not applying this year then I may add some suggestions for you to focus on over the next 12 months to improve your candidacy. Feel free to schedule a consultation if you'd like to discuss further.

acehorse7 wrote:
It'd be greatly appreciated if anyone could evaluate my profile!

Background and nationality: Korean(US & Korea dual citizen), currently working in Korea.
Undergrad Information: Top 70 US University, GPA 3.12 - I'm curious on the major. A 3.12 is below Booth's average of 3.6. To address this gap, you'll want to demonstrate your academic aptitude over an extended period. Since you already have strong GMAT you'e in a good position, but taking a course (such as Berkeley's Math for Management) will help the admissions committee be confident that you'll maintain committed to the schoolwork over an extended period. However, if you had a unique situation in college, addressing it through a strait-forward optional essay, in which you also demonstrate that you've overcome that issue/challenge/situation, could be another option. Lastly, your recommenders can reinforce your grit, persistence and determination through intellectually rigorous work. You're in a good position here to demonstrate your academic aptitude, but don't let a below-average undergrad GPA stand in the way of your acceptance.
GMAT: 760 (Q 50/ V 41) - Fantastic! Congratulations on achieving this score.
Work experience and leadership: 70 months matriculation at top-tier local investment bank in Korea. Structured overseas alternative investment products (real estate, trade finance, infrastructure, etc.) 2 promotions. - Sounds like a wonderful professional background in prep for business school and a post-business school career. I encourage you to demonstrate your promotions were on the 'fast track' in your resume. Also, differentiate yourself from your peer group by showing where you excelled, stood out, or were different in some way. I also encourage you to demonstrate leadership and your global exposure/ability to work across cultures (assuming this is a strength given the US undergrad/citizenship and overseas investments).
Booth has a mantra, "challenge everything"...consider where you an demonstrate that you've challenged the status quo and added value.

Community and others: Tennis coach for volunteer Showing that you've contributed to community is helpful. A career in IB is generally accepted as, well, challenging work with long hours. However, you can still show how you've contributed to office culture, events, been a good teammate/mentor inside work as well as outside of work.
VP of student club during college
Worked for an institute that teaches juniors in finance

Post MBA goals: Join a private equity focusing in alternative investment. In general, this sort of a career path would answer the question, "why an MBA?" In your case, however, this is what you're currently doing (at least, at face value given this profile thread). So, what do you want to do that an MBA will help you with? Accelerate your career? Transition to a more focused sector? Usually there's a change involved, and I encourage you to consider what you'll change by earning your MBA. This will help you answer the application's essay questions in a compelling way.

Others: Served in the Korean military for 2 years - Excellent! Military applicants are generally "low risk" for application committees.
The discipline and overall contribution to their communities is a good indicator that former military members will put their MBAs to good use making an impact.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 166
Send PM
Hi,
Indian applicant
4 years of total work experience
30months international work exp in oil and gas, epc sector as a procurement and contracts professional in countries such as nigeria and saudi arabia
Gmat score of 770
Ielts - 7.5 overall
Undergrad- BE mechanical (2016), Nagpur University (decent univ)-6.93/10 CGpA
Currently working as a Business Lead for IT software edtech firm based out of dubai ...
Good LORs from current manager and previous one

Essays - genuine and interesting (7/10 if i have to say)

What do you feel guys?

Extracurricular-
Sports - TT, volleyball captain, reprented school in regionals and college level also

Community impact via - Vande bharat repatriation program in april 2020 to may 2020
Arranged a chartered flight for indian expats to return back to india
Post mba career goal- consulting preferably specialised ones like inverto , newton into operations
Long term - to head supply chain operations department at maybe walmart or amazon

So what do you feel are my chances of getting an interview call and scholarship

??

Have applied to insead, ross, isb and will be applying to booth and tuck in round 1

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi shaunak075,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Congratulations on your excellent GMAT score! You didn't share much about your work experience on the work front, but I see you have good international experience, which I feel you must have presented enough in your essays. Your community involvement and ECs are good. Overall, your profile appears to be good. It now revolves around how you created your stories and linked the overall narrative to your school’s values, community, and goals. If you have highlighted the roles/responsibilities that you have handled effectively, I am sure that you will be invited to an interview. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and answer any of your concerns. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Testimonials

shaunak075 wrote:
Hi,
Indian applicant
4 years of total work experience
30months international work exp in oil and gas, epc sector as a procurement and contracts professional in countries such as nigeria and saudi arabia
Gmat score of 770
Ielts - 7.5 overall
Undergrad- BE mechanical (2016), Nagpur University (decent univ)-6.93/10 CGpA
Currently working as a Business Lead for IT software edtech firm based out of dubai ...
Good LORs from current manager and previous one

Essays - genuine and interesting (7/10 if i have to say)

What do you feel guys?

Extracurricular-
Sports - TT, volleyball captain, reprented school in regionals and college level also

Community impact via - Vande bharat repatriation program in april 2020 to may 2020
Arranged a chartered flight for indian expats to return back to india
Post mba career goal- consulting preferably specialised ones like inverto , newton into operations
Long term - to head supply chain operations department at maybe walmart or amazon

So what do you feel are my chances of getting an interview call and scholarship

??

Have applied to insead, ross, isb and will be applying to booth and tuck in round 1

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
GRE 1: Q159 V159
Send PM
Hi! I was wondering if someone could evaluate my profile.

A medical doctor by background;
Undergrad in India MBBS: 3.92/4.0 - Gold Medallist
Started my career as a medical resident in oncology in Apollo Hospitals in India for 6 months before pursuing a research masters in regenerative medicine.
MSc in University College London - Nanotechnology and Regenerative Medicine GPA 3.8/4.0
Worked as a research assistant in UCL School of Pharmacy to creating a novel antibiotic for treatment - the antibiotic is currently in phase 2 trials. However, I am no longer involved in this.
During the same master's program, co-founded a spin-off for manufacturing novel urinary catheters and was accepted in an accelerator program. The company is continued by Kings College Medical Students while I remain in a medical consulting role.
Further to this, I was awarded a medical fellowship by the University Hospital Southampton Trust to rotate across Emergency Medicine, Cardiology, Respiratory Medicine and Acute Medicine. Was working in the emergency department in the UK when COVID hit. Was a member of the COVID emergency relief team and part of the team to establish guidelines for COVID triage guidelines for the West of England which was later adopted by other hospitals in the surrounding region.
During the same period, passed exams and interviews and gained internal medicine resident (ranked in the top 5% among 3500 candidates) at the University of Cambridge, Addenbrookes Hospitals. As part of the program, I worked across Palliative Care, Acute Medicine, Respiratory Medicine and Transplant Medicine while treating COVID patients during COVID shifts.

The turmoil during the pandemic and my out-of-medicine experiences always drove me to pursue something regarding management to create an impact at scale. So, I have taken a year off from my residency program from Aug 2021 take a break from the hectic schedule and am preparing for GRE at the moment. My mock scores range from 315 to 322 currently and I have 22 days left for the exam.

Meanwhile, I am working as an engagement manager at Impact Consulting and have completed marketing strategy and consulting for a medical devices company.

Given my atypical background and non-existent quantitative math for the last 10 years since I began to pursue medicine, is there a good chance to get admitted into Booth?

Total work experience: 4 years and 6 months. If I were to include my role at Impact Consulting, it would be 5 years.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   
Moderators:
Booth & Sloan Moderator
38 posts
Booth and Haas Moderator
44 posts