Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 10:23 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 10:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Consulting (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Background: 26 year old White American male
Undergrad: Ohio State University, Major in Finance, 3.81 GPA
GMAT: 750 (Q50 V41)
Work Experience: 48 months at time of matriculation. In a Finance Developmental Program at one of the Big 3 Automotive Companies in Detroit. Three rotations have included: FP&A for Strategy; Government; and Communication departments, Asset-Backed Securitization, and Material Cost Finance as a part of Product Development
Extracurricular: Chair of company's Intern Networking Committee, Lead for company's Intern Mentor program, and actively involved in company's Volunteer Corps and Ohio State recruiting
International Experience: Interned in Tel Aviv, Israel during undergrad for an online startup
Post MBA: want to transition into Consulting. Reason for going into a rotational program was because I like doing and learning new things, as well as wanted to build a broad set of skills. Thus, Consulting appeals to me due to the various and complex problems faced, the need to continue learning and growing, and will allow me to make decisions that could have a big impact
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Background: 27 year old Indian Male
Undergrad: Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi GPA: 7.8/10
GMAT: 720 (Q50 V37)

Work Experience: 62 months. Working in India as a Associate, AI-Data Scientist Role, at one of the biggest Asset Managers in the world. In the financial Modeling Group, Where i create Liquidity Risk models for the firm and its clients. We help manage risk for our clients especially liquidity risk. Working with firm since graduating, have worked in the areas of Retirement Modeling and Derivative Modeling. Have been promoted once previously. Have done both CFA and FRM charters
Leadership:
Solely Responsible for big projects implemented in liquidity space and Only representative in APAC region to help clients (20+) understand models and how to use them.

International Experience: Visited New York twice for meeting higher management and presenting work on key deliverable. Interned during undergrad at Paris and Hong kong.

Post MBA: I want to transition more towards AI-Product management role where i could think from a AI- product perspective instead of just building them. MBA would help me think from various perspectives and as well help me build management skills in both product/project and as well as people management skill.
In the long run i aspire to lead the AI-Data Division in a firm.
Community /EC: Head of engagement and mentorship India-team at my firm, Have mentored personally over 20 people. Taken part in various social/CSR events taken by the firm

Looking to apply at Booth, wharton, Columbia and NYU.

Originally posted by shreyansmehta92 on 11 Aug 2020, 12:09.
Last edited by shreyansmehta92 on 12 Aug 2020, 02:26, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello shreyansmehta92,

For Stern, your GMAT is ok, but you may need a higher GMAT for your other school choices. Having said this, it shouldn't stop you from not applying at all to the other schools with the current GMAT score. You will need a very compelling application to see you through though.

I do not have details of your demonstrated leadership potential and impact at work. You say you only received one promotion in 5 years of work. What were the reasons?
I am also missing detauls of your volunteering activities. For your EC, do you have any hobbies or passions you have followed?
If you want, you can write at ruchip@ruchipandeconsulting.com with a copy of your resume for a detailed feedback and profile evaliation.

shreyansmehta92 wrote:

Work Experience: 62 months. Working in India as a Associate, AI-Data Scientist Role, at one of the biggest Asset Managers in the world. In the financial Modeling Group, Where i create Liquidity Risk models for the firm and its clients. We help manage risk for our clients especially liquidity risk. Working with firm since graduating, have worked in the areas of Retirement Modeling and Derivative Modeling. Have been promoted once previously.
Leadership:
Solely Responsible for big projects implemented in liquidity space and Only representative in APAC region to help clients (20+) understand models and how to use them.

International Experience: Visited New York twice for meeting higher management and presenting work on key deliverable. Interned during undergrad at Paris and Hong kong.

Post MBA: I want to transition more towards AI-Product management role where i could think from a AI- product perspective instead of just building them. MBA would help me think from various perspectives and as well help me build management skills in both product/project and as well as people management skill.
Community /EC: Head of engagement and mentorship India-team at my firm, Have mentored personally over 20 people. Taken part in various social/CSR events taken by the firm

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi shreyansmehta92

On the surface, your profile looks great. You have graduated from one of the most prominent institutes of India and with a good GPA. 720 is a good score but for a highly over-represented pool like yours, you will need a jump of at least 20 points for Wharton, Booth, and Columbia. I think it’s fine for Stern.

About your work-ex, as you say, you are working in one of the biggest Asset managers and have been “solely” responsible for the big projects, I am assuming you must have some great stories of a ‘responsible’ leader. Also, you have had international experiences, though lesser, if you can explain how these have helped you shape your personality or your perspective or your values, you may win it here! You may take some insights on this through our recent blog on International Experience

Your ECs seem good too and with an apt story, you may able to hit the goal. Also, an advice, try to create a good blend of work and your personal values and interests in your applications. Your post-MBA goals are quite interesting, though they need a little more shaping. Additionally, make sure you list down the gaps that you have identified in your profile that you think an MBA from each school will help you fill in order to achieve your post-MBA goals. If you’d like we are happy to hope on a call sometime this week to discuss your chances and your career goals in further detail. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg
Community Manager, MBA and Beyond

On behalf of
Shantanu Sharma,
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Schedule a free session
shreyansmehta92 wrote:

Work Experience: 62 months. Working in India as a Associate, AI-Data Scientist Role, at one of the biggest Asset Managers in the world. In the financial Modeling Group, Where i create Liquidity Risk models for the firm and its clients. We help manage risk for our clients especially liquidity risk. Working with firm since graduating, have worked in the areas of Retirement Modeling and Derivative Modeling. Have been promoted once previously.
Leadership:

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi greenfield,

From the details you have provided, your profile looks interesting. I loved your motivation for going into a rotational program and now transitioning into Consulting. But I want to know if you have any experience in this industry because it will substantiate the relevance of your goals.

Your stats are perfect and definitely, from this angle, you stand a great chance for Booth and other top-notch schools. Your work experience is a ‘quantitative’ one which is definitely a plus for you and I can see elements of leadership in your profile by leading various committees in your work. But still, you will need to dig deeper to find out your ‘impact’ on your organization as this is one major aspect of a candidate’s overall profile. What’s going to matter most in your application is how you connect all the dots and build a very interesting and persuasive story. If you’d like we are happy to hope on a call sometime this week to discuss your chances and your career goals in further detail. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg
Community Manager, MBA and Beyond

On behalf of
Shantanu Sharma,
Schedule a free session

greenfieldj wrote:
Background: 26 year old White American male
Undergrad: Ohio State University, Major in Finance, 3.81 GPA
GMAT: 750 (Q50 V41)
Work Experience: 48 months at time of matriculation. In a Finance Developmental Program at one of the Big 3 Automotive Companies in Detroit. Three rotations have included: FP&A for Strategy; Government; and Communication departments, Asset-Backed Securitization, and Material Cost Finance as a part of Product Development
Extracurricular: Chair of company's Intern Networking Committee, Lead for company's Intern Mentor program, and actively involved in company's Volunteer Corps and Ohio State recruiting
International Experience: Interned in Tel Aviv, Israel during undergrad for an online startup
Post MBA: want to transition into Consulting. Reason for going into a rotational program was because I like doing and learning new things, as well as wanted to build a broad set of skills. Thus, Consulting appeals to me due to the various and complex problems faced, the need to continue learning and growing, and will allow me to make decisions that could have a big impact
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Hi,

Would really appreciate a profile evaluation folks.

Male - Pakistan, 29. Will be 30 by the time I start the program next Fall.

BBA, 3rd Ranked B-School in the country GPA 3.3/4
MBA, From a Top 2 business school in the country, GPA 3.06/4
GMAT - 750
CFA Level 1 and 2 passed.
I am hoping my GMAT and CFA Level 1 and 2 can compensate for the lower GPA?
Extra Curr: Have been President of various societies in university, and involved in a lot of charity work as well. Also have been the founding member of official supporters club of an England based football team in Pakistan. Years of handwork and pure dedication have gone into it, and the community is still running strong.

WE: 5 years by Fall 21 (All in Pakistan)

16 months with a Digital Media Start Up. Started off as a Marketing Analyst, and got a promotion within 6 months.
Associate Markets & Deals, 9 months with a Fortune 500
Financial Sales Analyst, US based Forbes Cloud 100 company. 7 months.
15 months at a gaming start up. Here I was responsible for scaling the product and the entire strategy formulation.
Currently working as an Account Manager for a US based Insurance Company in their Pakistan office. Just started 2 months ago.

My biggest concern is the hopping I did in my 2nd and 3rd job (9+7 months) and if it would come back to haunt me? I blame my ambitious self for it, since I really felt I couldn't grow in those roles, and switched jobs frequently. I would also be willing to wait another year and start in Fall 2022 instead if my job consistency would be a problem for the adcoms.

Reasons for doing a 2nd MBA are simple. The Pakistan MBA experience happened when I was too young. Most of what I learned in class was pure theory that I couldn't connect with, as there was no work experience to set the context. Students, especially in Pakistan jump on the MBA bandwagon right after completing their undergraduate degree, and I did the same. It is also very common for universities to select students for their MBA program with no prior work experience.

Secondly, and most importantly, while I have worked in international firms in Pakistan, my aspirations are no longer limited to Pakistan only. The 2-year Pakistan MBA degree hasn't helped in taking the leap into the international arena. Hence, an MBA from a top global B-school would be passport to a truly global career.

Post MBA goal is to get into Tech or Management Consulting ideally in London or Dubai.

Will really appreciate honest feedback. Thanks in advance!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.94
WE:Operations (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I'll give this a go. Applying in Round 2.

Nationality: American
Identity: White Transgender
Undergraduate education: University of Maryland GC
Undergraduate Degree: East Asian Studies
GMAT Score – 740 (Q 49, V 42, IR 8, AWA 5)

Work experience:
Currently working for a top defense contractor in Maryland since Feb 2019. I am the senior analyst of an 11-person team, and I oversee all US Army counterintelligence (CI) operations west of Chicago. I have been promoted and given raises twice. I was selected to lead the first on-site integration of our team directly with our customer and input real-time CI consult during an international conference, and also delivered a brief to 450+ attendees at a national defense conference.

Prior to my current position, I was enlisted Air Force. I was a Chinese linguist, learned the language at the Defense Language Institute, and worked primarily in Hawaii. I was promoted several times and attained a Mission Manager position where I oversaw a 50+ member team, leading operations support, training, feedback, and service-mission integration efforts.

Successes:
Reporting delivered during Presidential brief
Reporting directly to the SecDef
Coined by my commander
Honor graduate of basic military training and my Chinese course
Maintained Deans list every semester/magna cum laude
Letter of rec written by my current supervisor; received monetary bonus
Selected for Taiwan immersion course at Tamkang University during Chinese course

Recs include a retired Chief Warrant 5 who I work for now, who honestly will write me a glowing recommendation. The other is my previous supervisor from my enlisted stint, who I can confidently say will write the same type of rec.

Extra-curricular activities:
I have several real estate investments and manage a few properties in my off-time.
I am a drag performer across the Baltimore-DC area and have performed at notable venues.
I have coached high school wrestling in three different states.
I completed a Make A Wish business internship in Hawaii, managing 250+ volunteers and aiding two wishes.
I was selected for the National Air Force wrestling team and competed at the 2017 Armed Forces Wrestling competition.

Post-MBA Career Goals:
In the short term, I want to work in either strategic or government consulting. Based on my professional experience, this seems like both a natural progression and a career change.
Long term goals vary across two paths; I either want to continue rising in the consulting world/create a consulting firm among my network, or I want to increase my East Asian studies, utilize that knowledge and an MBA and perform in an ambassador/embassy role. (I don't usually include that in my apps)

I was admitted to Georgetown last year and ultimately deferred.
Round 1 applications only include USC, where I have already interviewed.
Round 2 apps include HBS, Yale, Booth, LBS, and UCLA.

Very interested in your thoughts as your perspective is much, much greater than mine in terms of competition. Thank you for your time!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Would request someone to please provide a brief evaluation of my profile:

Female, Indian, 27 years
Education:
Xth - 87%
XIIth - 96%
B.Com - 65%
CFA Level 3 candidate (completed 2 levels with more than 90 percentile)
Chartered Accountant – completed all levels in first attempt
Total work experience – 4 years post qualification, 7 years including articleship
o 1 year with Diageo India in Finance Controllership role
o Youngest resource responsible for driving efficiencies across the biggest cost category ~ $ 0.6 Bn
o Optimized raw materials and packing materials procurement processes resulting in modest financial savings

• 3 years with KPMG India in Risk consulting domain
o Conducted majority of the projects as a team leader and worked for many Fortune 500 clients. Delivered significant financial savings as a result of the process-based reviews conducted.
o Received an exceptional promotion.
• 1 year with Credit Suisse as an Intern in Product Control division (CA Articleship)
• 2 years with Haribhakti & Co. (Top 10 Indian CA firm) as an Intern in risk consulting (CA Articleship)

Extra-Curricular activities:
Volunteered for 2.5 years as a teacher and career mentor at Make A Difference organization
Created internship opportunity for five less fortunate students at a leading e-commerce company
Recruited academic support volunteers at Make A Difference (a non-profit)

GMAT Online - 720 (Q50 V38 IR7)

Post MBA goal:
Short Term: Strategy/Consulting
Long term: Financial Strategy Consulting
Target schools – Ross, Stern, Kellogg, CBS, Darden, Booth, Yale, Duke, Cornell
Target school start – Fall’21
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 173
Schools: Booth '23
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I could really use a profile evaluation favor. I would like to know whether I am a good fit for this school and for which schools I may be a good fit. Thanks in advance!

Nationality:
Georgia (European country, not a state!), was born here and currently based here.

Age at the start of studies:
27 (if I apply in January for R2)
28 (if I apply for 2022 intake)

Undergrad information:
Bachelor of Arts in Economics from an average private university in Warsaw, Poland. GPA around 4.8/5.

GMAT:
730 (Q49, V40); IR 6; AWA 6.0
I’ve canceled the first test result.

Work experience and leadership:
Current: For the past 3.5 years I’ve been working at the LSE listed FTSE 250 constituent top bank in Georgia. For the last 1.5 years I’ve been the head of regional corporate investment banking team. Started out as a junior banker.
Current: Board member at the medical non-profit society, responsible for creating the biggest annual international conference of anesthesiology in Georgia.
Past: AML analyst for 1.5 years at Citibank in Warsaw, Poland.

Extra curriculars:
Passed CFA Level 2 Exam, targeting Level 3 exam in May 2021.
2011-12 Finalist of US Department State funded Future Leaders Exchange Program, via which I went to the USA and studied at a US high school for one full academic year, on full scholarship and a stipend.
2014 Participated in Startup Weekend by Google in Warsaw and won a symbolic prize.
2014 Participated in Erasmus Intensive Program when I was in Warsaw. I led the team in Portugal where we simulated the launch of a business for 10 days.
2019 Participated as a panel discussion speaker at Krynica Economic Forum with top finance executives, we spoke on FinTech and digital banking.

Post MBA goals:
Private equity shop or venture capital would be a dream come true. Otherwise, investment banking preferably with GS, MS or top tier boutiques.

Languages:
Fluent Georgia, English, Russian
Conversational Polish

Recommendation letters:
Will be able to get recommendation letters from the top management of the bank I work for. Some of the recommenders are top 20 bschool alums.

Target schools:
Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, Booth, MIT, Yale, Cornell.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hello everyone,

A brief background about me, I am a Chartered Accountant from India working with Walmart India Private Limited as a Manager, Business Finance (Category Finance) responsible for entire P&L set of General Merchandise, Electronics, IT and Office Supplied portfolio (25% share of India business). Here, I’ve led multiple projects across the board, cultivating leadership and stakeholder management and skills, industry understanding, and 360-degree view of solutions. Working with category-merchants regularly, I've built an understanding of product assortment, new product decisions, pricing structure of varied industries, inventory management, vendor selection and negotiation strategies.

Building on the Category management experience that I've had working alongside Merchants, I want to propel my career full-fledged towards Category / Product Management / Growth strategy.

Post MBA, I want to work in mentioned roles at Walmart E-commerce leveraging my Walmart knowledge and cultural immersion to develop new products/brands, manage, and scale existing portfolio. This will help me grasp tech firms’ outlook towards expanding categories; how they innovate, ideate development opportunities, and bring them to market. I’ll also master product supply chain and end-to-end lifecycle. Leveraging this, in the long term, as India or Southeast Asia Head/Director of Growth in this firm, I’ll enable my firm to innovate and establish win-win partnerships with local businesses, the lifeblood of Indian economy.

Undergrad study and GPA – Bachelor of Commerce, Delhi University, GPA 4.0/4.0
GMAT – 710, Q48, V38, AWA-6, IR-8
English Test – Waiver, as my schooling and undergrad education was 100% taught in English.

Work Experience:
· 4 years at Walmart India Private Limited
· Prior to Walmart, I worked full-time for 3 years at Sahni Natarajan and Bahl Chartered Accountants, Delhi as an Articled Assistant to complete the mandatory three-year CA training. Here I was responsible for performing risk based assessment of indispensable business processes. These assignments were piloted towards adding value to client’s business by identifying operational process and control related gaps and giving recommendations to remediate the same. I led multiple teams of 4-6 members on 12 assignments across varied industries ranging from telecom (Aircel) to manufacturing (Maruti Suzuki, Pepsico India).

Extracurriculars:

Work aside, I am an avid sports lover-cricket, football, tennis I play them all- I am state level cricket player and was high school sports and cricket team captain, leading my team to victories in several inter-school and district matches. Though I do not pursue sports professionally, I have carried forward this passion into Walmart, Organizing two ‘Formula Fun’ sports meet (Nov’17, Nov’18) - 5 events, 145-150 associates; coordinated with sports facility in Gurugram, arranged neutral referees and refreshments during matches. I also formed a group of cricket lovers and organized matches with other corporate teams in Gurugram.

I an active volunteer at Zomato Feeding India responsible for identifying 'hunger spots' -underserved areas in the city needing sustained help- reaching out to and securing regular food, clothes and other essential supply from nearby localities, restaurants, voluntary donors etc. and distributing to the needy.

Can you help evaluate the profile and help me understand my chances for getting an admit in Booth.

Apart from Booth, I am looking at MIT, CBS, UCLA, Yale, Tuck, Ross, Darden and Duke.

Thanks,
Swastik
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hi,

Name - Bharat Sethia
Nationality and Age - Indian and 20

Class X - 10/10 CGPA

Class XII - Commerce with Mathematics - 95.6% (Aggregate of 5) and 84.17% (Aggregate of 6). I fell sick for one of the additional exams and therefore, I couldn't appear for the same. I intend to explain it in my application as well.

Undergraduate Education - Bachelors of Arts (Honours) in Economics from Delhi University (3rd year student) - GPA 8.14/10 (aggregate of 4 semesters)

GMAT - 750 (Q50 V41 IR6 AWA5)

Work Experience - 1 Finance Internship with PwC India for 2 months, wherein I worked on automation of Finance function and on various projects to understand revenue models and collection cycles.

Extracurriculars and leadership - Head of Content Development for the Model UN society and Event Head for the Economics Society. Member of Poetry society and Intra-college sports tournament winner. Heavily involved in debating.

Community Experience - Volunteer Experience with CRY for 8 months, Research Intern with Privileged for Underprivileged, Volunteer Experience with Aastha Prayas

Post MBA goals - Work in the field of finance (investment bank preferably). I also intend to get a professional qualification (CFA).

Other information - I intend to apply to only the deferred MBA programs of the elite colleges, including Booth Scholars program.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi bharatsethia,

I’m impressed to see your current profile in making and the fact you have a sense of clarity at such an early stage of your career. I’ll be genuinely happy to assist you in your profile evaluation. Your academics are good overall with your GMAT score being a highlight of your intellectual ability.

For the deferred programs, primarily, the adcoms look at the diversity of experiences and learnings the candidate has accumulated at the undergrad level. You may try adding one more internship in general Finance or core PE/VC/Equity analysis to make your profile stronger. Also, highlight the impact of your projects on the company and your learnings from them. Your involvement with respect to college societies and volunteering add good diversity and talking about these interests deeply can add colour to your apps. I can also see leadership qualities in your profile, which will add further value.

Also, I insist you showcase your unique hobby, however small it may be in your profile. Hobbies and learnings from them add a different perspective for the adcoms. Your essays should be a blend of your personal life and learnings and your experiences from such a diverse college life.

Overall, you have a competitive profile but cracking admissions of M7 schools for deferred programs is quite difficult. You need to be mature and logical and your post-MBA goals play an important role in highlighting these aspects in your apps. You need to highlight your motivations for finance and how an MBA is the right choice for your goals. Right now, your goals seem vague to me.

You may also consider applying to deferred programs of other colleges such as that of MIT’s, Darden’s and Yale’s. With respect to Finance, NYU, Ivey and CBS are coveted b-schools because of their strong alumni base in the field of Finance, investing centres and leading faculty.

If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call some time this week to discuss your chances in further detail and address your concerns better. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma, Linkedin
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
bharatsethia wrote:
Hi,

Name - Bharat Sethia
Nationality and Age - Indian and 20

Class X - 10/10 CGPA

Class XII - Commerce with Mathematics - 95.6% (Aggregate of 5) and 84.17% (Aggregate of 6). I fell sick for one of the additional exams and therefore, I couldn't appear for the same. I intend to explain it in my application as well.

Undergraduate Education - Bachelors of Arts (Honours) in Economics from Delhi University (3rd year student) - GPA 8.14/10 (aggregate of 4 semesters)

GMAT - 750 (Q50 V41 IR6 AWA5)

Work Experience - 1 Finance Internship with PwC India for 2 months, wherein I worked on automation of Finance function and on various projects to understand revenue models and collection cycles.

Extracurriculars and leadership - Head of Content Development for the Model UN society and Event Head for the Economics Society. Member of Poetry society and Intra-college sports tournament winner. Heavily involved in debating.

Community Experience - Volunteer Experience with CRY for 8 months, Research Intern with Privileged for Underprivileged, Volunteer Experience with Aastha Prayas

Post MBA goals - Work in the field of finance (investment bank preferably). I also intend to get a professional qualification (CFA).

Other information - I intend to apply to only the deferred MBA programs of the elite colleges, including Booth Scholars program.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
Nationality- Indian Male
Age- 26
GMAT- 720 (V37 Q50 IR 3)
Undergraduate Information-
B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
GPA:7.3/10 From one of the top 7 IITs (Graduated on May 2016)

Work Experience:
Currently working as an Associate in a Global Financial Services firm (started as an analyst in 2016)
- acting as a tech lead for a group of 3-4 employees overseeing 3 different products
- working on an automation platform that reduced 300 x 8 man-hours per day
- architected a few services & products for better automation across the firm

Extracurriculars:
- Founded an open-source organization that develops the intelligent administrative tools leveraging vast experiences of system/product administrators
- active participation in multiple community works

Target schools for 2021 intake: Haas, Sloan, Yale, Booth

Post MBA goals: Short term - work as a project manager (or a technical lead) to gain some experience & Long term - build an organization that build products that increase work efficiency by utilizing developers' experiences (Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship)

Confused between option 1:- re-attempt GMAT to improve my score and apply for R3 and
option 2:- apply in R2

Please evaluate my profile and suggest whether I should retake GMAT. Also, feel free to suggest target schools based on my profile.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.04
Send PM
JaswanthReddy wrote:
Nationality- Indian Male
Age- 26
GMAT- 720 (V37 Q50 IR 3)
Undergraduate Information-
B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
GPA:7.3/10 From one of the top 7 IITs (Graduated on May 2016)

Work Experience:
Currently working as an Associate in a Global Financial Services firm (started as an analyst in 2016)
- acting as a tech lead for a group of 3-4 employees overseeing 3 different products
- working on an automation platform that reduced 300 x 8 man-hours per day
- architected a few services & products for better automation across the firm

Extracurriculars:
- Founded an open-source organization that develops the intelligent administrative tools leveraging vast experiences of system/product administrators
- active participation in multiple community works

Target schools for 2021 intake: Haas, Sloan, Yale, Booth

Post MBA goals: Short term - work as a project manager (or a technical lead) to gain some experience & Long term - build an organization that build products that increase work efficiency by utilizing developers' experiences (Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship)

Confused between option 1:- re-attempt GMAT to improve my score and apply for R3 and
option 2:- apply in R2

Please evaluate my profile and suggest whether I should retake GMAT. Also, feel free to suggest target schools based on my profile.

I have spoken to many adcom officers and GMAT tutors and I am rather convinced that improving the score by 20 - 30 points doesn't really make a difference. A -30 point or even - 40 point from the mean/median score is really acceptable and adcom will then look at the other aspects of the profile, so rather than trying to improve the score, I think you can put in the effort into other areas such as essays, recommendation letters (speak to your recommender and let them know what they can write), interview etc.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi, please evaluate my profile:

Background and nationality: Filipino

Undergrad Information: Economics from Top 2 University in the Phils. GPA = 2.95

GMAT: 740

Work experience and leadership:
3 years of work experience with a Big 4 in Toronto.
- Worked as part of the infrastructure advisory team
- Advised public and private entities on developing infrastructure projects (public-private partnership, project finance, infrastructure finance)
- Started as a senior associate before being promoted to manager

2.5 years of WE in a government agency in the Philippines
- Work is focus on developing infrastructure projects (public-private partnership)
- Basically, work involved serving as a consultant of other government agencies (local, government corporations, national agencies) re: developing infrastructure projects

~2 years of Big 4 WE in the Philippines
- International tax; not related to current job

Community and others: volunteer for an ngo dedicated to building houses for the poor, sports: basketball, cycling

Post MBA goals:
Ultimate goal is to enter private equity with a focus on infrastructure investment. Might go first to investment banking project finance first after MBA

Anything else?
CFA Charterholder, toastmasters
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Ethnicity: Indian

Scores :
Electrical and Electronics - 8.7 GPA (Top 10 Percentile)
GMAT - 730

Qualifications :
B.E. from BITS Pilani (Top 10 Universities in India with a strong history of students in m7)
CFA Level 2 candidate
Harvard: Online Professional certificate in Data Science (ongoing)

Work Experience :
J.P. Morgan: Risk Analyst (2 years (full time) + 6months (intern) Will have 3 years at Matriculation) - Youngest member of the team with leadership experience in multiple high stakes projects.
Ernst and Young (Intern - 2 months)

Co-Curricular : Common Wealth Games Closing Ceremony Participant, inter College MUNs (1st and 2nd positions), Inter-College Drama Competition (2nd Position), TEDx Sponsorship head for campus

Story: Some great stories linking all my life experiences with Co-Curriculars, certifications and job

According to me, the challenges with my profile are -
1. Low Work Ex
2. Not great Co-Curriculars

Post MBA goals: Work in a VC or a PE where i can combine my passion towards finance with the skills gained through an MBA.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
This topic have been merged with: https://gmatclub.com/forum/topic-247041.html
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  15   
Moderators:
Booth & Sloan Moderator
38 posts
Booth and Haas Moderator
44 posts