Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 07:49 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 07:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V49
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Background
- Age 24
- Swiss (born to 1st Gen immigrant parents)
- First to attend uni in my family

Education
- BA in Business Administration from Uni St. Gallen (top tier business school in DACH region), 3.7 GPA
- Co-published paper based on my thesis alongside supervisor and professor

Exam results
- GMAT 760 (V49, Q47, IR 8, AWA not yet received)
- TOEFL: (not yet taken) Aiming for 115-120

Work Experience - Part-Time during Uni (~2 years part-time)
1. Internship at Marketing Association
2. Research Assistant at Uni
3. Various smaller jobs with some leadership experience

Work Experience - Full-Time after Uni (1 year at application)
1. Big4 consulting internship (6 mo)
2. In-house strategy at prestigious bulge bracket bank (6 mo)
3. Recently started tech startup with friends

Extracurricular
- Elected representative of my cohort in student parliament
- Member of appointments committee for 3 professorships

Post MBA Goals
- Continue work on startup if it works out
- Otherwise go into MBB consulting

I would greatly appreciate any feedback and advice
Thank you
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Buggzygoonk wrote:
Background

Hey @Buggzygoonk,

Thank you for your post!

I'd like to start by congratulating you on your excellent GMAT score of 760. However, you must realize that your grade is only a reflection of your academic ability; as a result, if you could give sufficient examples of your intellectual brilliance. Additionally, you have a respectable overall GPA. However, I would like you to include any extra courses, certificates, and academic honors received so that we can assess your prospects of admission to your desired B-schools.

Coming to your profile, you have a limited amount of work experience. Hence, I think you might fall short on stellar leadership examples. So, to bank upon your experience, elaborate more about your responsibilities, crucial projects assigned, skill-set developed, and obviously, your professional accolades (including any leadership awards) and the impact generated during your internship tenure.Your tech startup should be the main focus of your application and how you aim to build it up.

Coming to ECAs, most of your relevant work was done during your college/school years ER of student parliament and member of the appointment committee of professorship). So, I would suggest you add some more relevant volunteering, community work, and even some great hobbies would work. Also, I would like you to elaborate more on the new challenges faced, the leadership role you played, the impact created by you, and a bit more about the overall experience.

Overall you have a good profile, but, you will need to add more work experience. I agree with Admissionado, you should gain more work experience and then apply. I see much potential in your profile, and the only thing you need is a bit of guidance and fine polishing around the rough edges! We are huge fans of candidates that start thinking about their application and planning ahead of time. If you want to know what business schools look for in an applicant and plan ahead, 'Profile Building for MBA' is for you. You can read more here, to get a better understanding!

If you’d like, we are happy to get on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and how we can make your profile stronger. Feel free to schedule a call with us here for in-depth profile evaluation & get additional benefits.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com
Visit our website www.mbaandbeyond.com for more MBA resources.

- Age 24
- Swiss (born to 1st Gen immigrant parents)
- First to attend uni in my family

Education
- BA in Business Administration from Uni St. Gallen (top tier business school in DACH region), 3.7 GPA
- Co-published paper based on my thesis alongside supervisor and professor

Exam results
- GMAT 760 (V49, Q47, IR 8, AWA not yet received)
- TOEFL: (not yet taken) Aiming for 115-120

Work Experience - Part-Time during Uni (~2 years part-time)
1. Internship at Marketing Association
2. Research Assistant at Uni
3. Various smaller jobs with some leadership experience

Work Experience - Full-Time after Uni (1 year at application)
1. Big4 consulting internship (6 mo)
2. In-house strategy at prestigious bulge bracket bank (6 mo)
3. Recently started tech startup with friends

Extracurricular
- Elected representative of my cohort in student parliament
- Member of appointments committee for 3 professorships

Post MBA Goals
- Continue work on startup if it works out
- Otherwise go into MBB consulting

I would greatly appreciate any feedback and advice
Thank you
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 191 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
I would love some evaluation for my application. Targeting R2 this year. Thanks in advance!

Country and nationality:
-Central Asia

Education:
-British university campus in Central Asia, the First-class Honors in Econ with Finance

-Participated in an exchange program at London Campus.
-Led several student clubs such as Pro Bono consulting (helped charity and museum), research society, and MUNs
-Co-founded Economics Association for faculty students
-Elected course representative for faculty students

GMAT:
730 50Q|40V

Work experience (34 months (Analyst: 5 months -> Senior Analyst: 16 months -> Manager: 13 months)):

-Currently working as a strategy manager at a large local manufacturing company (operates in diverse industries such as agriculture, confectionary, home appliances, and jewelry; employs around 10k people). Promoted twice in two years, the first time in 5 months, and was included in CEO's top high-potential employee list.
-Worked on diverse large-scale projects in corporate strategy (company transformation and preparing for IPO), business development, and M&A in Europe, Turkey, and Central Asia. Launched franchising operations for one of our brands and currently launching a warehouse deployment system for 4 warehouses.

- Multiple summer internships during UG (Bank(economics analysis department) and Ministry of Finance (Debt Management office, round $40B government debt))

Extra Curricular:
-Helped with the opening (prepared operational model and fundraised) of a large dog shelter with over $1MM in funding.
-Volunteered in opening a large state park, and during covid helped at a COVID field hospital

Post-MBA goals:
-MBB consulting with sustainability and operations concentration. Short term the US offices of MBB and in the Long term Central Asian Offices of MBB

Do I have a chance to get into Wharton, Harvard, and MIT with this profile? in Round 1 passed interviews for Yale, Tuck, Fuqua, and Kellogg
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
jn0r:

That's great that you got interviews at all those top schools. That being said, Wharton, Harvard and MIT are definitely a step above in terms of difficulty of admission. You definitely have a chance (I think MIT is your best bet), so go ahead and apply.

The only risk you have is if for some reason you don't get into your four R1 schools, you aren't leaving yourself much of a safety net. If you are confident about your chances of getting into at least one of them (based on your overall application and interview experience) or would prefer to not attend an MBA program if not one of any of these, then roll the dice with Wharton, MIT and Harvard in R2.

If you think my team can be of help your modify your story for these 3 programs, please sign up for a free consultation using this link: https://admissionado.com/free-consultation/

Good luck,
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey jn0r,

Thanks for sharing your profile.

To begin with, on the academic end, your application seems to be supported by a strong GMAT score. Having completed First-class Honors in Economics with Finance and being a part of exchange programs definitely adds up to strengthen your application.

On the work front, about 3 years of work experience including 2 promotions and being included in CEO's top high-potential employee list establishes your leadership skills and career progression. Working on diverse large-scale projects in corporate strategy, business development, and M&A in Europe, Turkey, and Central Asia will surely demonstrate your global exposure, which will eventually help you bring out great stories to the AdComs. You seem to possess the vision and leadership necessary to overcome challenges and advance yourself.

Your association with social activities (Fundraising of 1M$ for dog shelters and work during covid pandemic) demonstrates your responsibilities towards the society. Though you have amazing ECs, it is important to convey your stories to the AdComs in the best way possible. For instance, I suggest you go through our article on Significance of ECAs for MBA Application, to understand the importance of drafting exemplary ECAs essays!

Regarding your Post-MBA goals, it is good to be clear with them. I can see structured and well aligned post MBA goals. All in all you stand a good chance at MIT and Wharton (considering your post MBA goals) if you create a great narrative around the values of the business school. Hence, If you'd like, we are happy to connect you with our Profile Experts (who are alums and students of top B-Schools) who will discuss your profile at length in a 30-45 minutes call and provide you with feedback based on your aspirations and goals. Feel free to schedule a call with us here for in-depth profile evaluation (and some networking on the side!)

No one knows the application process better than the individuals who have gone through it. We match you with alumni from your desired business school. Meet our Panel of Consultants.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

Visit our website www.mbaandbeyond.com for more MBA resources.

jn0r wrote:
I would love some evaluation for my application. Targeting R2 this year. Thanks in advance!

Country and nationality:
-Central Asia

Education:
-British university campus in Central Asia, the First-class Honors in Econ with Finance

-Participated in an exchange program at London Campus.
-Led several student clubs such as Pro Bono consulting (helped charity and museum), research society, and MUNs
-Co-founded Economics Association for faculty students
-Elected course representative for faculty students

GMAT:
730 50Q|40V

Work experience (34 months (Analyst: 5 months -> Senior Analyst: 16 months -> Manager: 13 months)):

-Currently working as a strategy manager at a large local manufacturing company (operates in diverse industries such as agriculture, confectionary, home appliances, and jewelry; employs around 10k people). Promoted twice in two years, the first time in 5 months, and was included in CEO's top high-potential employee list.
-Worked on diverse large-scale projects in corporate strategy (company transformation and preparing for IPO), business development, and M&A in Europe, Turkey, and Central Asia. Launched franchising operations for one of our brands and currently launching a warehouse deployment system for 4 warehouses.

- Multiple summer internships during UG (Bank(economics analysis department) and Ministry of Finance (Debt Management office, round $40B government debt))

Extra Curricular:
-Helped with the opening (prepared operational model and fundraised) of a large dog shelter with over $1MM in funding.
-Volunteered in opening a large state park, and during covid helped at a COVID field hospital

Post-MBA goals:
-MBB consulting with sustainability and operations concentration. Short term the US offices of MBB and in the Long term Central Asian Offices of MBB

Do I have a chance to get into Wharton, Harvard, and MIT with this profile? in Round 1 passed interviews for Yale, Tuck, Fuqua, and Kellogg
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 174
Concentration: Healthcare, Healthcare
GPA: 3.56
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Hi everyone, could you please critically review my profile?

Background, nationality, and educational background:
- 26 years old, Female, Indian national, currently working in India as Clinical Dentist
- BDS ( Bachelor of Dental Surgery), 3.6/4.0 CGPA from a Top Dental College in Hyderabad, India
- I have 1 International and 2 National Research Papers
- Led the college Cricket and Basketball team for 3 years as a captain. Three consecutive wins in cricket and two in basketball.
- Heading a team of fourteen, I led organizing various academic and sports events at our college fest attended by over 800 students.
- During graduation, I led a team of ten and the finances for our convocation day.

GMAT: 750

Work experience and leadership:
- Industry: Healthcare Providers
- Current position: Associate Dentist
- Work ex and progression: 2.5 years. I was promoted once and am on track to be promoted to Senior Dentist at the start of next year.
- In my current role, I am managing 70% of the clinical cases and mostly do the main conversation with the patients. I also manage Interns and Consulting Dentists.

Community and others:
- I am passionate about mentoring and have volunteered with NEET exam Aspirants.
- Mentored 8 students for their MDS (Masters of Dental Surgery) and MS applications (around 3years)
- Lead monthly Free Dental Health Checkup Camps (around 3.5 years)

Post-MBA goals:
I want to pursue an MBA to improve my leadership skills and learn business and operations point of view. Also, to learn and polish key business and analytical skills.

Short-term: I want to do Healthcare corporate strategy/operations consulting.
Long-term: Given my extensive Clinical Experience and Medical background, I am interested in continuing in Healthcare consulting or moving to leadership roles in Healthcare domain like Pharmaceutical Industry.

Target schools: HBS, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg, Duke.

Questions?
- Is 750 GMAT sufficient for my profile?
- People’s management: I manage interns and Consulting Dentists for some specific cases. Do you think this counts?
- Having a Dental background and clinical experience, will I be at a disadvantage in the admission process?
- I will apply in R2 this year. Would I be at disadvantage for not applying in R1? Should I wait until next year to apply in R1?
- What are my chances for Booth?

I would really appreciate your review, thanks a lot!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi everyone!

Please share your thoughts on my profile.

Demography:
29-year-old Indian Male

Education:
Undergrad
- Bachelor in Engineering: Computer Science. Visveshwaraya Technological University, India (2011-2015)
- Grade: 69% Aggregate. 1st Class
- Got a full-ride merit scholarship for 4 years of engineering as I come from a low-income background and scored more than 90% in 12th standard (Physics: 89, Chemistry: 93, Maths: 91)
Graduation
- Masters of Science: Computer Science. University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland (2017-2018)
- Grade: 2.1 . First Class
- Got a scholarship of 4000 euros for educational excellence in engineering

GMAT:
760 (Q50-V42-IR:8-AWA:4)

Current Role:
Senior Software Engineer
-Design, develop and maintain enterprise-level software applications

Work Experience:
Dublin, Ireland (4 years)
-Worked for an Investment Management firm as the lead software developer to build in-house technology products
-Contributed to the design-development-testing and production phases of an enterprise-level Trade-Order Management System with a team of 4 international software developers
-The system effectively manages more than $600 million per month in transactions and handles more than $200 million on a single day during portfolio rebalancing

Bangalore, India (2 years)
-Worked for a Management Consulting firm as a Decision Scientist
-Worked with multiple fortune 500 clients to provide data-driven insights and actionable recommendations

Extracurriculars:
Captain of the University Volleyball Team (2012- 2015)
-Led the team to win our first state-level tournament in 9 years
-Won various regional tournaments across Karnataka, India
Trekked the Himalayas (2017)
-After 3 months of intense training, trekked to Roopkund, Himalayas
-This expedition was with a team of 20 people, ascending from 7000 feet on day 0 to reaching 16,000 feet on day 9
Active Tennis player
-Won the club championship for doubles and the most improved player of the year award in 2019

Languages:
-English
-Hindi
-Kannada

Post-MBA Goal:
-short-term: Switch from tech to consulting, get into MBB. Ideally continue to stay in the finance and tech space
-long-term: Work in strategy roles/ leadership positions in mid-sized fin-tech firms

LOR:
- Strong letter from my current CEO

Target Schools:
Havard, Booth, Kellog, Tuck, Columbia, LBS, INSEAD

Strengths:
- 4 years of international experience. Living in Dublin, worked mostly with the Irish and the germans
- Worked on niche investment tech products. Quant and tech-heavy.
- Wore multiple hats in terms of working with Traders, Brokers, external lawyers, international software developers, and data vendors
- Implemented multiple software from whiteboard to live environments

Weakness:
- Mostly worked in small teams. Haven't led teams of size 10 or more professionally.
- Relatively less exposure in terms of presenting to / convincing stakeholders.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
NextGenNerd wrote:
Hi everyone!

Demography:
29-year-old Indian Male

Education:
Undergrad
- Bachelor in Engineering: Computer Science. Visveshwaraya Technological University, India (2011-2015)
- Grade: 69% Aggregate. 1st Class
- Got a full-ride merit scholarship for 4 years of engineering as I come from a low-income background and scored more than 90% in 12th standard (Physics: 89, Chemistry: 93, Maths: 91)
Graduation
- Masters of Science: Computer Science. University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland (2017-2018)
- Grade: 2.1 . First Class
- Got a scholarship of 4000 euros for educational excellence in engineering

GMAT:
760 (Q50-V42-IR:8-AWA:4)

Current Role:
Senior Software Engineer
-Design, develop and maintain enterprise-level software applications

Work Experience:
Dublin, Ireland (4 years)
-Worked for an Investment Management firm as the lead software developer to build in-house technology products
-Contributed to the design-development-testing and production phases of an enterprise-level Trade-Order Management System with a team of 4 international software developers
-The system effectively manages more than $600 million per month in transactions and handles more than $200 million on a single day during portfolio rebalancing

Bangalore, India (2 years)
-Worked for a Management Consulting firm as a Decision Scientist
-Worked with multiple fortune 500 clients to provide data-driven insights and actionable recommendations

Extracurriculars:
Captain of the University Volleyball Team (2012- 2015)
-Led the team to win our first state-level tournament in 9 years
-Won various regional tournaments across Karnataka, India
Trekked the Himalayas (2017)
-After 3 months of intense training, trekked to Roopkund, Himalayas
-This expedition was with a team of 20 people, ascending from 7000 feet on day 0 to reaching 16,000 feet on day 9
Active Tennis player
-Won the club championship for doubles and the most improved player of the year award in 2019

Languages:
-English
-Hindi
-Kannada

Post-MBA Goal:
-short-term: Switch from tech to consulting, get into MBB. Ideally continue to stay in the finance and tech space
-long-term: Work in strategy roles/ leadership positions in mid-sized fin-tech firms

LOR:
- Strong letter from my current CEO

Target Schools:
Havard, Booth, Kellog, Tuck, Columbia, LBS, INSEAD

Strengths:
- 4 years of international experience. Living in Dublin, worked mostly with the Irish and the germans
- Worked on niche investment tech products. Quant and tech-heavy.
- Wore multiple hats in terms of working with Traders, Brokers, external lawyers, international software developers, and data vendors
- Implemented multiple software from whiteboard to live environments

Weakness:
- Mostly worked in small teams. Haven't led teams of size 10 or more professionally.
- Relatively less exposure in terms of presenting to / convincing stakeholders.

In my personal opinion as an applicant to these schools having bagged interviews- you have a very strong profile and what you perceive as weakness isn't weak ess at all. If you work with right guide/mentor/consultant- I think you'll certainly get the Interview Call for you (from my own experience). It may feel like a lot of money but its an investment in your future - I worked with MBAMISSION and would recommend them highly for the schools you are targeting.

Best of luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Indian in UAE
Engineer with CGPA 9.66
5 year workex in healthcare
GMAT 750
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GRE 1: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
I got in with $$ scholarship!! I’m so happy!

28F in the US with 730 GMAT, working in RE finance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Concentration: Healthcare, Statistics
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Got in! 29M French citizen living in US. Healthcare Strategy Consulting (smaller boutique firm). Background in data science transitioned to consulting. 327 GRE.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Booth '25 (A)
Send PM
I got in: M USA, 9 years experience, 335 GRE, working in Government, Social Impact post mba
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Everyone,
I’d love your feedback on my profile for Booth Chicago.
27-Year-Old Indian Male

Under Grad – Economics Major from one of the top undergrad colleges in the country with a 6.48/10 GPA. (The GPA is def going to be a pain in the ass)

GRE – 337 (V – 169, Q – 168)

Work Ex – 7 years at matriculation, 5 Years in Consulting across India, UAE, and Israel with 2 different boutique management consulting firms. I have traveled to Israel for 1 year and traveled to UAE for 2 years.
Currently heading Consulting and Implementation for an Israeli product-based startup (It’s a spin-off of my first organization and they called me back to head the consulting and implementation arm)
1 promotion in the last 1 year in the current job

Leadership: Captain of the college basketball team, Part of an 8-member organizing committee of the college’s sport fest

Extracurricular: National level basketball player and represented my state at All India level tournaments during college time (That’s why my GPA got ****), taught underprivileged kids during college time, worked for TeachForIndia (Taught underprivileged post covid) for 2 years, I have my own podcast on NBA, I own 5 retail outlets in India with an ARR of $1.5 Million

Post MBA Goal – Work for a consulting firm mostly an MBB and then specialize in the Retail, F&B, and CPG sector to become a partner eventually (Aligns with the work and projects that I have done in the last 6 years)

Recommenders – One is from Booth. Both will write great LORs for me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Applying to Chicago Booth Scholars Accelerated Option

Background
- Age 20
- Asian male
- First to attend university in my family
- Low income (full ride at the University of Chicago)

Education
- BA in Economics with Specialization in Business Economics from the University of Chicago, 3.2 GPA (explanation for relatively average GPA at UChicago in optional essay section)
- Applying as a third year in college (permitted for Booth Scholars Accelerated Option)
- Already took 8 classes at Booth (allowed to graduate in 15 months)

Exam results
- GMAT: Waivered (because of Booth Scholars Accelerated Option)

Work Experience - College Internships
1. Startup founded by current Booth student (also wrote my Letter of Recommendation)
2. Business development intern by financial company
3. Worked for the University of Chicago as a notetaker
4. Self-employed investor (30x returns, started at $5,000)

Post MBA Goals
- Entrepreneurship or MBB

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
uchicagoundergrad wrote:

Background
- Age 20
- Asian male

Education
- BA in Economics with Specialization in Business Economics from the University of Chicago, 3.2 GPA (explanation for relatively average GPA at UChicago in optional essay section)
- Applying as a third year in college (permitted for Booth Scholars Accelerated Option)

Exam results

1. Startup founded by current Booth student (also wrote my Letter of Recommendation)

Post MBA Goals

Hey uchicagoundergrad,

Gaining admission to a deferred MBA program is a highly competitive process, requiring excellence in all aspects of your profile, including academics, work experience, internships, certifications, and extracurriculars. It's essential to stand out in each of these areas, with a focus on work experience being particularly critical. To showcase your leadership potential and impact at work, it's essential to provide specific examples of how you made a difference in your internships or self-employment.

For example, you could highlight a project you led or contributed to that had a significant impact on the company's bottom line or operations. You could also discuss any leadership roles you took on, such as mentoring other interns or leading a team project. An excellent example of this could be developing a marketing campaign that led to increased customer engagement and sales in a startup founded by a current Booth student, or contributing to the development of a new product or service in a financial company.

Additionally, you could talk about how you helped students prepare for exams as a notetaker at the University of Chicago, or how you developed a successful investment strategy and achieved impressive returns as a self-employed investor. By providing specific examples of your leadership and impact at work, you can demonstrate to the admissions committee that you have the skills and experience necessary to succeed in a top MBA program and achieve your post-MBA goals.

It's also important to consider taking additional relevant coursework, gaining more professional experience, and specifying your post-MBA plans in more detail to further improve your profile. While the GMAT is an essential part of your application, make sure to mention extracurricular activities, achievements, and their impact. By putting in the effort to excel in all aspects of your profile, you can increase your chances of being admitted to a deferred MBA program.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.
You can setup a call via this link:
https://bit.ly/3DSH5km
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey uchicagoundergrad,

Thanks for sharing your profile.

Since you are planning for a deferred MBA program, let us help you understand that deferred programs are usually quite competitive and need extensive profile building in order to secure admissions at top B-schools. Your GPA seems relatively on the lower end and will need to be compensated with additional academic achievements/certifications. Your work experience seems decent. You haven't mentioned your ECs. They play a vital role in building a unique profile by adding diversity to the application. You will also have to work on your post-MBA goals. They seem generic, and we would recommend you divide them into short and long-term and elaborate on how an MBA (Specifically from Booth) will help you achieve your goals.

You may also read our article on The complete guide to Top Deferred MBA programs, to gain some insights about the program.

Overall your profile seems decent and stands a good chance at the Booth Deferred MBA program. It all depends on how you demonstrate your fit for the school. In case you have any further questions regarding your profile or the program and would like to have a clear and better discussion about it with our top profile experts, feel free to hop on a call with us. Hence, feel free to schedule a call with us at your convenience.

Cheers!
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
MBA and Beyond

uchicagoundergrad wrote:

Background
- Age 20
- Asian male

Education

Exam results

Post MBA Goals

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
shashijangir08 wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I’d love your feedback on my profile for Booth Chicago.
27-Year-Old Indian Male

Under Grad – Economics Major from one of the top undergrad colleges in the country with a 6.48/10 GPA. (The GPA is def going to be a pain in the ass)

GRE – 337 (V – 169, Q – 168)

Work Ex – 7 years at matriculation, 5 Years in Consulting across India, UAE, and Israel with 2 different boutique management consulting firms. I have traveled to Israel for 1 year and traveled to UAE for 2 years.
Currently heading Consulting and Implementation for an Israeli product-based startup (It’s a spin-off of my first organization and they called me back to head the consulting and implementation arm)
1 promotion in the last 1 year in the current job

Leadership: Captain of the college basketball team, Part of an 8-member organizing committee of the college’s sport fest

Extracurricular: National level basketball player and represented my state at All India level tournaments during college time (That’s why my GPA got ****), taught underprivileged kids during college time, worked for TeachForIndia (Taught underprivileged post covid) for 2 years, I have my own podcast on NBA, I own 5 retail outlets in India with an ARR of $1.5 Million

Post MBA Goal – Work for a consulting firm mostly an MBB and then specialize in the Retail, F&B, and CPG sector to become a partner eventually (Aligns with the work and projects that I have done in the last 6 years)

Recommenders – One is from Booth. Both will write great LORs for me.

<To carry on from our response on the Columbia thread>
- The Booth reco will carry additional meaning here. Make sure you sit down with your recommender to make sure that he/she highlights not just your achievements, but also makes a specific mention of why you would be a great fit with Booth.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   
Moderators:
Booth & Sloan Moderator
38 posts
Booth and Haas Moderator
44 posts