Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Joined: 09 Mar 2021
Posts: 68
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Current Student
Joined: 07 Sep 2021
Posts: 185
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Location: Mexico
GRE 1: Q165 V160
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Joined: 09 Mar 2021
Posts: 68
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Current Student
Joined: 07 Sep 2021
Posts: 185
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Location: Mexico
GRE 1: Q165 V160
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
StratusMike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback. To answer some of your questions I studied Industrial and Systems Engineering, lots of calculus and linear algebra (not much business or finance). I've taken the GRE twice (scored 320 160/160 first try), but didn't study for either so there is a chance to improve my score (especially verbal since I didn't use flashcards or anything of the sort). I've heard that test wise, for a URM from South America (Mexico) my score is pretty solid but I could work to improve if necessary.

Work wise, I have seen a lot of education deals both brick and mortar universities and ed-tech in my experience and have closed 2 deals and supervised one (upwards of $150mm in equity value).

My recommenders know me well and worked with my on a day to day basis (small funds 8 employees approx). They are well known alumni to my knowledge and have strong relationships with admissions (interviewing, going to events with prospective students, etc.)

Don't have my ECs on my resume, but did add the fact that I was part of the student org for industrial engineering.

Can I also ask how you think my profile will match up to Haas and Stanford? Do you think it is strong enough?
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Joined: 09 Mar 2021
Posts: 68
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi patopc,

Fantastic - thanks for the additional detail.

I wouldn't encourage you to retake the GRE given the engineering undergrad and already showing progress and improvement.

Regarding the recommenders and career aspirations, sounds like you're on solid footing.

Candidacy-wise, I think you're very competitive (including Stanford and Haas). These are all very competitive programs so I encourage you to put together a strong strategy that demonstrate your strengths as well as themes that are authentic to you as you move into the applications. Happy to discuss further if you book a consultation.

patopc wrote:
StratusMike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback. To answer some of your questions I studied Industrial and Systems Engineering, lots of calculus and linear algebra (not much business or finance). I've taken the GRE twice (scored 320 160/160 first try), but didn't study for either so there is a chance to improve my score (especially verbal since I didn't use flashcards or anything of the sort). I've heard that test wise, for a URM from South America (Mexico) my score is pretty solid but I could work to improve if necessary.

Work wise, I have seen a lot of education deals both brick and mortar universities and ed-tech in my experience and have closed 2 deals and supervised one (upwards of $150mm in equity value).

My recommenders know me well and worked with my on a day to day basis (small funds 8 employees approx). They are well known alumni to my knowledge and have strong relationships with admissions (interviewing, going to events with prospective students, etc.)

Don't have my ECs on my resume, but did add the fact that I was part of the student org for industrial engineering.

Can I also ask how you think my profile will match up to Haas and Stanford? Do you think it is strong enough?
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 May 2017
Affiliations: GMATClub
Posts: 12745
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
1
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Profiles of Chicago Booth Business School Admitted applicants

Hi Everyone,

We are collecting the profiles of those who got admission into Chicago Booth. It would be a great insight for future applicants. If you got admitted into Chicago Booth, I request you to share your profile with us by replying to this topic. You can use the following format to share your profile. Feel free to add any other details you would like to share.

Name/username:
Age :
Country/Location :
Under-Graduate School :
Under-Graduate GPA:
GMAT/GRE Test scores:
Total Work Experience :
Pre-MBA Industry :
Target industry post-MBA:
Brief about Work Experience :
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc):
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars:
International Experience :
Scholarship Given? :
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? :
Why Chicago Booth? :
Which Round did you apply in? :
Short-Term Goal :
Long-Term Goal :
Link to your interview debrief:
(You can add your interview experience HERE and paste the link above )
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? :
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?:
Current Student
Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 7
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [4]
Given Kudos: 4
Location: Canada
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47 (Online)
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
3
Kudos
1
Bookmarks
Name/username: pk12344
Age : 29
Country/Location : Canada
Under-Graduate School : Dalhousie University
Graduate School: University of Toronto
Under-Graduate GPA: 3.7
Graduate GPA: 3.8
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 760 (v47/q48/awa6)
Total Work Experience :6
Pre-MBA Industry : public policy
Target industry post-MBA: management consulting
Brief about Work Experience : worked in governments in Canada and Israel developing economic and innovation policy. Now work in a bank understanding financial regulations and their impact on the bank.
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Past Manager
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Pro-Bono consulting for 2 years. pro-bono advisory to university students. varsity squash. podcast on politics etc..
International Experience : Grew up in India. Moved to Canada for my undergrad. Worked for the Government of Israel, Canada, India. Now work with govts in US, UK, and the Caribbean
Scholarship Given? : no
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : to compliment my policy skillset. why now - garnered enough experience in public policy and learning has plateaued. to grow, need an MBA.
Why Chicago Booth? : flexible curriculum, strong faculty, data heavy approach, pay-it-forward mentality. Top 3 business school ranking. strong brand.
Which Round did you apply in? : 1
Short-Term Goal :consulting
Long-Term Goal :public sector consulting
Link to your interview debrief: have not done one yet.
(You can add your interview experience HERE and paste the link above )
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : no
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?:
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 09 Jan 2022
Posts: 8
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi All!

Can you please review my profile?

Thank you very much!

Background and nationality: Hungarian, male, 27 years old by the time I apply.

Undergrad Information: Law degree from a Hungarian university, GPA: 4,61/5 with a summa cum laude distinction, top 15% of the class. I have received national excellence scholarships (these scholarships are given to students who have particularly high GPAs and performed certain extracurricular activities) for three semesters and national merit scholarships for all other semesters from the Hungarian Ministry of Justice and have received a Dean’s Award as well.


GMAT: aiming for 760-770

Work experience and leadership: by the time I apply I’ll have more than three years of experience working as a transactional lawyer on real estate and m&a deals at leading international law firms in Budapest, including 200-400 million EUR cross-border deals, not much leadership experience as I’m still considered a quite junior associate in the legal environment, however I have regularly coordinated different sub-tasks of a larger matter, where I had to lead and coordinate the work of my colleagues who are even more junior than me.

Community and others: now this is definetely one of my weakest points, I do not have much community experience apart from being part of a college for advanced studies during my years at university, I also have won and placed well on a couple of national competitions and participated in an international competition as well and had several internships during uni as extracurricular activities.

Post MBA goals:
Short term: switch my carrier to investment banking, as I’m definetly more interested in the finance/business side of deals than the legal side
Long term: build on my experience gained as a transactional lawyer and an investment banker and establish an m&a/transactional advisory firm in Hungary

International experience: I have studied a semester abroad as an Erasmus student, but no significant international work experience
MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Status:MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Posts: 3699
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Location: United States
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
when do you plan to apply? there are a lot of really interesting good things in your profile, but it is a concern that you don't have a lot of community experience because you also don't really have a lot of leadership experience in your job. i found it a little difficult to work with lawyers because their job is more transactional rather than leading teams, solving problems, innovating things...so you will want to focus on that, building experiences that demonstrate leadership teamwork and problem solving. maybe start an employee resource group? do things internally that help put things forward?

and i would strongly recommend that you would involve yourself with some type of non government organization so that you have the opportunity to lead an initiative end to end. it's just going to legitimize your interest in business school a lot more. even if you're applying this fall i would recommend that you do that, figure out where you can make a positive impact that is adjacent to what you're already involved in. like don't go into a completely new thing but if you can do something like help those lesser advantage with legal representation do that, see what i mean?

if you fill this gap with regards to leadership, teamwork, and problem solving i think you'll be a very competitive applicant given that your gmat is in the neighborhood of the class average.

robert97

robert97 wrote:
Hi All!

Can you please review my profile?

Thank you very much!

Background and nationality: Hungarian, male, 27 years old by the time I apply.

Undergrad Information: Law degree from a Hungarian university, GPA: 4,61/5 with a summa cum laude distinction, top 15% of the class. I have received national excellence scholarships (these scholarships are given to students who have particularly high GPAs and performed certain extracurricular activities) for three semesters and national merit scholarships for all other semesters from the Hungarian Ministry of Justice and have received a Dean’s Award as well.


GMAT: aiming for 760-770

Work experience and leadership: by the time I apply I’ll have more than three years of experience working as a transactional lawyer on real estate and m&a deals at leading international law firms in Budapest, including 200-400 million EUR cross-border deals, not much leadership experience as I’m still considered a quite junior associate in the legal environment, however I have regularly coordinated different sub-tasks of a larger matter, where I had to lead and coordinate the work of my colleagues who are even more junior than me.

Community and others: now this is definetely one of my weakest points, I do not have much community experience apart from being part of a college for advanced studies during my years at university, I also have won and placed well on a couple of national competitions and participated in an international competition as well and had several internships during uni as extracurricular activities.

Post MBA goals:
Short term: switch my carrier to investment banking, as I’m definetly more interested in the finance/business side of deals than the legal side
Long term: build on my experience gained as a transactional lawyer and an investment banker and establish an m&a/transactional advisory firm in Hungary

International experience: I have studied a semester abroad as an Erasmus student, but no significant international work experience
Current Student
Joined: 25 Jan 2022
Posts: 10
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Location: United States (DC)
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GRE 1: Q168 V169
GPA: 3.75
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Hi everyone! Would love your thoughts on my profile.

Male, 22, American
University of Southern California - Majored in Econ & Intl. Relations (GPA 3.75)
Magna Cum Laude, Presidential Scholar

GRE Score - 337 (169V, 168Q, 6AWA)

Work experience - (about 2 years total)
Biz Dev Representative at a growing technology startup (1 year)
- Will be promoted to Account-Based Marketing Manager in March
- Reshaped the messaging process, was appointed to lead sales pipeline messaging operations
- On team of 7, I'm responsible for 60% of enterprise partnership opportunities

Campaign Director (2 mo.)
- Led a field campaign office in AZ for the 2020 Presidential & Senate elections
- Flipped the state blue in both races and led office to have the highest rate of voters reached per canvasser nationwide

Associate at a Public Affairs Firm (8 months)
- Drafted congressional testimony, landed placed media @ outlets
- Required research skills & project management in a high-volume, fast-turnaround workplace

Internships -
- A Middle Eastern Government
- Two national news channels (think CNN/NBC/ABC/CBS)
- Lead intern at the office of a CA Senator (who has now taken a more prominent role in US politics)

Volunteering Work - political organizing with local orgs + waterway clean-up projects

Quirks:
- Graduated both high school and college early
- Gay, Arab-American, from the South

I'm an avid writer and have very strong essays focusing on my desire to shepherd business into an era defined by increasing environmental responsibilities and a focus on serving communities at the margins of society. It makes a little more sense in context, because I'm interested in leveraging technology to enable social enterprise. I'm mostly concerned about my work experience, as it's limited and not overwhelmingly quant-oriented.
Experts' Global Representative
Joined: 18 Apr 2017
Posts: 1512
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
blackyuzu wrote:
Hi everyone! Would love your thoughts on my profile.

Male, 22, American
University of Southern California - Majored in Econ & Intl. Relations (GPA 3.75)
Magna Cum Laude, Presidential Scholar

GRE Score - 337 (169V, 168Q, 6AWA)

Work experience - (about 2 years total)
Biz Dev Representative at a growing technology startup (1 year)
- Will be promoted to Account-Based Marketing Manager in March
- Reshaped the messaging process, was appointed to lead sales pipeline messaging operations
- On team of 7, I'm responsible for 60% of enterprise partnership opportunities

Campaign Director (2 mo.)
- Led a field campaign office in AZ for the 2020 Presidential & Senate elections
- Flipped the state blue in both races and led office to have the highest rate of voters reached per canvasser nationwide

Associate at a Public Affairs Firm (8 months)
- Drafted congressional testimony, landed placed media @ outlets
- Required research skills & project management in a high-volume, fast-turnaround workplace

Internships -
- A Middle Eastern Government
- Two national news channels (think CNN/NBC/ABC/CBS)
- Lead intern at the office of a CA Senator (who has now taken a more prominent role in US politics)

Volunteering Work - political organizing with local orgs + waterway clean-up projects

Quirks:
- Graduated both high school and college early
- Gay, Arab-American, from the South

I'm an avid writer and have very strong essays focusing on my desire to shepherd business into an era defined by increasing environmental responsibilities and a focus on serving communities at the margins of society. It makes a little more sense in context, because I'm interested in leveraging technology to enable social enterprise. I'm mostly concerned about my work experience, as it's limited and not overwhelmingly quant-oriented.


Hello blackyuzu,

Hope this finds you well.

While the years of experience are on the lower side, the good news is that a portion of it is differentiated. Good to know you are an avid writer. Hopefully, that means that the dots in your story will be connected well and give you a good chance at receiving an interview call.

All the best!
Current Student
Joined: 21 Nov 2018
Posts: 27
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 217
Location: Nigeria
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Here is a video of an admitted Chicago Booth student where she shares her admit profile it it helps

https://youtu.be/ncIKfKoBXas
Intern
Intern
Joined: 23 Dec 2018
Posts: 5
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Location: United States
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello All,

I am looking to apply to the executive MBA or evening MBA at Booth (only one school). Can you please look into my profile and let me know if this is good.

Background and nationality: Indian
Undergrad Information , NIT Btech mechanical engineering (8.25 gpa), UIUC MS Aerospace (3.5gpa), UIUC Masters Computer Science (3.3 gpa)
GMAT: EA in next 4 weeks, expect 150-160.
Work experience and leadership: 11 years in an automotive OEM in US, currently team leader with 8 team members.
3 years - technical operations, setup facility in china, India
5 years - developing engine products to meet performance standards
3 years - leading global team of validation engineers (US/India/China)

Community and others: Pre covid active in company community activities

Post MBA goals: Get broader assignments.

Anything else? Last 4 years helping my wife into a medical residency program.

I am planning to apply in this cycle, for EMBA starting in 2022, I know its too last minute, but have no choice. Have constraints of completing MBA by mid 2024. Thanks a lot.
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Joined: 13 Jul 2020
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Posts: 2592
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Location: Singapore
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi av1985,

Thanks for your post!

First, I would like to say that you have an ample amount of relevant work experience, including some international experiences as well. So, in that case, there is no short example of professional accolades, technical prowess, project outcomes, and leadership since you are also currently leading a team of 8 members. So what I would like you to do is highlight relevant examples of all these points in your profile to make it more robust.

Now coming to your ECAs and Community services, Last four years in a medical residency program plus community services. Now I would like you to answer some questions like what were the new challenges? What was your overall experience? What relevant skill-set did you develop? What were your roles & responsibilities, and Mention any specific impact made by you?

Furthermore, you need to understand that Booth is a top-notch B-School, which looks for several unique values among candidates like those who demonstrate intellectual curiosity and possess personal maturity, leadership qualities, and competitive scores. So with the booth as your target school, you need to mold your essays and align them in accordance with the school values. Also, your post-MBA goal needs more elaboration. Hence, I would require you to add specificities like what kind of assignments, what you aim to achieve through these, and why do you think an MBA or EMBA from Booth will help you add value to your pre-existential work experience.

At last, I would like to say that you have a good profile. However, since you don’t have much time left to apply for this admission cycle, I would need more in-depth information about why you have decided to pursue an MBA after so long. What are the reasons and aspirations to further guide you in a better way! If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the Booth. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com



av1985 wrote:
Hello All,

I am looking to apply to the executive MBA or evening MBA at Booth (only one school). Can you please look into my profile and let me know if this is good.

Background and nationality: Indian
Undergrad Information , NIT Btech mechanical engineering (8.25 gpa), UIUC MS Aerospace (3.5gpa), UIUC Masters Computer Science (3.3 gpa)
GMAT: EA in next 4 weeks, expect 150-160.
Work experience and leadership: 11 years in an automotive OEM in US, currently team leader with 8 team members.
3 years - technical operations, setup facility in china, India
5 years - developing engine products to meet performance standards
3 years - leading global team of validation engineers (US/India/China)

Community and others: Pre covid active in company community activities

Post MBA goals: Get broader assignments.

Anything else? Last 4 years helping my wife into a medical residency program.

I am planning to apply in this cycle, for EMBA starting in 2022, I know its too last minute, but have no choice. Have constraints of completing MBA by mid 2024. Thanks a lot.
Experts' Global Representative
Joined: 18 Apr 2017
Posts: 1512
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Expert Reply
av1985 wrote:
Hello All,

I am looking to apply to the executive MBA or evening MBA at Booth (only one school). Can you please look into my profile and let me know if this is good.

Background and nationality: Indian
Undergrad Information , NIT Btech mechanical engineering (8.25 gpa), UIUC MS Aerospace (3.5gpa), UIUC Masters Computer Science (3.3 gpa)
GMAT: EA in next 4 weeks, expect 150-160.
Work experience and leadership: 11 years in an automotive OEM in US, currently team leader with 8 team members.
3 years - technical operations, setup facility in china, India
5 years - developing engine products to meet performance standards
3 years - leading global team of validation engineers (US/India/China)

Community and others: Pre covid active in company community activities

Post MBA goals: Get broader assignments.

Anything else? Last 4 years helping my wife into a medical residency program.

I am planning to apply in this cycle, for EMBA starting in 2022, I know its too last minute, but have no choice. Have constraints of completing MBA by mid 2024. Thanks a lot.


Hello av1985,

Considering you are planning to apply in this cycle, there isn't much time at hand. Therefore, it is best if you focus on putting forth a set of essays that focus on your career progression, international exposure, and achievements at work.

Overall, your profile is definitely worthy of giving Booth a shot. A lot depends on how the essays eventually turn out.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Joined: 23 Dec 2018
Posts: 5
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Location: United States
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Thank you Neha from MBA and Beyond and Expertsglobal. I will focus first on my application. Any tips. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 29 May 2021
Status:Full Time Employee
Affiliations: Bank Indonesia
Posts: 5
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Location: Indonesia
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.72
WE:Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi All! I would like to get feedback from you guys.

Male, 30, South East Asian
Institut Teknologi Bandung - Majored in Computer Science (GPA 3.72)
Cum Laude

GMAT Score - 680 (Q47, V36)

Work experience - (about 9 years total)
Central Bank (5 years) - Payment System Policy Analyst
• Led team of 3 and collaborated with World Bank & Bank of International Settlement to develop a cross-border retail payment system that processes >$100bio annually
• Increased the transaction speed of the existing P2P transfer system that processed >$7bio annual payments by 2 times through implementing a national fast payment system
• Accelerated QR Payment merchant’s acceptance from 4mio to 15mio merchants in a year
• Led a team of 5 to boost local tax payments by 50% through integrating e-commerce and e-money provider with government taxing systems, and enabling easier & faster tax payments using mobile phones
• Digitized payment systems for >300 people who lived around the largest Lake in SEA.
• Delivered ~20 digital payment education seminars and gave speeches in >15 fintech seminars, reaching >100 thousand audiences.

Startup (1 year) - Product Manager
• Led team of >10 for “lifestyle” applications (impacting by >1 million app users), and the “service provider” application (>10k users).
• Reduced the app’s searching algorithm from 1 day to 15 minutes by improving its search algorithm and feedback features
• Contributed an increase of >$100k daily transaction by boosting its transaction volume by 100% mtm, leading to a positive operations margin

Global IT Consultant (3 years)
• Developed a digital strategy roadmap for the largest pulp & paper company in Southeast Asia, including an automated digital smart plantation system, executive dashboard, and AI-powered decision-making system
• Developed IT strategy roadmap and blueprint for Indonesia’s largest NGO (pro bono consulting)

Organization - National scale ICT Association, National Running Community

I am aiming to enhance my skills in negotiation, global networking and communication in addition with involved in global-scale fintech practices. Post-MBA, I am planning to go back to the central bank post-MBA to develop central bank digital currency and lead several National scale payment infrastructure projects in collaboration with payment industries.

Thank you so much
Experts' Global Representative
Joined: 18 Apr 2017
Posts: 1512
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Expert Reply
yudhawastup wrote:
Hi All! I would like to get feedback from you guys.

Male, 30, South East Asian
Institut Teknologi Bandung - Majored in Computer Science (GPA 3.72)
Cum Laude

GMAT Score - 680 (Q47, V36)

Work experience - (about 9 years total)
Central Bank (5 years) - Payment System Policy Analyst
• Led team of 3 and collaborated with World Bank & Bank of International Settlement to develop a cross-border retail payment system that processes >$100bio annually
• Increased the transaction speed of the existing P2P transfer system that processed >$7bio annual payments by 2 times through implementing a national fast payment system
• Accelerated QR Payment merchant’s acceptance from 4mio to 15mio merchants in a year
• Led a team of 5 to boost local tax payments by 50% through integrating e-commerce and e-money provider with government taxing systems, and enabling easier & faster tax payments using mobile phones
• Digitized payment systems for >300 people who lived around the largest Lake in SEA.
• Delivered ~20 digital payment education seminars and gave speeches in >15 fintech seminars, reaching >100 thousand audiences.

Startup (1 year) - Product Manager
• Led team of >10 for “lifestyle” applications (impacting by >1 million app users), and the “service provider” application (>10k users).
• Reduced the app’s searching algorithm from 1 day to 15 minutes by improving its search algorithm and feedback features
• Contributed an increase of >$100k daily transaction by boosting its transaction volume by 100% mtm, leading to a positive operations margin

Global IT Consultant (3 years)
• Developed a digital strategy roadmap for the largest pulp & paper company in Southeast Asia, including an automated digital smart plantation system, executive dashboard, and AI-powered decision-making system
• Developed IT strategy roadmap and blueprint for Indonesia’s largest NGO (pro bono consulting)

Organization - National scale ICT Association, National Running Community

I am aiming to enhance my skills in negotiation, global networking and communication in addition with involved in global-scale fintech practices. Post-MBA, I am planning to go back to the central bank post-MBA to develop central bank digital currency and lead several National scale payment infrastructure projects in collaboration with payment industries.

Thank you so much


Hello yudhawastup,

Thanks for writing in.

While there is much working for you on the profile front - including the leadership experience and startup exposure, you need to work on improving your GMAT score. Target a score upwards of 740 - the higher the better.

All the best!
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Joined: 13 Jul 2020
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Posts: 2592
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Location: Singapore
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi, yudhawastup,

Thank you for your post!

First of all, I would like to say that you have a relevant profile in terms of relevant work experience and did a great job elaborating each aspect of your work experience. Now coming to your profile, you do have a good overall CGPA; however, your GMAT score is comparatively low for top MBA programs. Therefore, it would be best to target a score of 740+ that would definitely help cement your spot in top MBA programs.

Moreover, I really want to understand your stand on an executive MBA, as it seems perfect in your situation. You do have a ton of relevant work experience and sure would make a strong candidate for EMBA. Moreover, with experience in such diverse domains, you won’t be short on leadership examples. Hence, I would suggest that you go through our blog once, Top Executive MBA Programs. This would most certainly help clear any doubts and at the same time help understand all about top EMBA programs!

Also, I feel there is much work left for you on the ECA front - you need to include examples of leadership and startup exposure, the challenges faced, the impact created, and also need to work on improving and adding relevant accolades. Moreover, work on connecting your experience with your post-MBA goals, as you would need to convince the admission committee that your future goals are relevant and collinear with your past experience! All in all, you do have a relevant profile, focus on boosting your ECAs, which would, in turn, help you bring diversity to your application. If you’d like, we are happy to get on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the schools. So feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Let's hear strategies from Fuqua & Columbia admits to crack Early Action Rounds

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com




yudhawastup wrote:
Hi All! I would like to get feedback from you guys.

Male, 30, South East Asian
Institut Teknologi Bandung - Majored in Computer Science (GPA 3.72)
Cum Laude

GMAT Score - 680 (Q47, V36)

Work experience - (about 9 years total)
Central Bank (5 years) - Payment System Policy Analyst
• Led team of 3 and collaborated with World Bank & Bank of International Settlement to develop a cross-border retail payment system that processes >$100bio annually
• Increased the transaction speed of the existing P2P transfer system that processed >$7bio annual payments by 2 times through implementing a national fast payment system
• Accelerated QR Payment merchant’s acceptance from 4mio to 15mio merchants in a year
• Led a team of 5 to boost local tax payments by 50% through integrating e-commerce and e-money provider with government taxing systems, and enabling easier & faster tax payments using mobile phones
• Digitized payment systems for >300 people who lived around the largest Lake in SEA.
• Delivered ~20 digital payment education seminars and gave speeches in >15 fintech seminars, reaching >100 thousand audiences.

Startup (1 year) - Product Manager
• Led team of >10 for “lifestyle” applications (impacting by >1 million app users), and the “service provider” application (>10k users).
• Reduced the app’s searching algorithm from 1 day to 15 minutes by improving its search algorithm and feedback features
• Contributed an increase of >$100k daily transaction by boosting its transaction volume by 100% mtm, leading to a positive operations margin

Global IT Consultant (3 years)
• Developed a digital strategy roadmap for the largest pulp & paper company in Southeast Asia, including an automated digital smart plantation system, executive dashboard, and AI-powered decision-making system
• Developed IT strategy roadmap and blueprint for Indonesia’s largest NGO (pro bono consulting)

Organization - National scale ICT Association, National Running Community

I am aiming to enhance my skills in negotiation, global networking and communication in addition with involved in global-scale fintech practices. Post-MBA, I am planning to go back to the central bank post-MBA to develop central bank digital currency and lead several National scale payment infrastructure projects in collaboration with payment industries.

Thank you so much
SVP
SVP
Joined: 24 Jul 2019
Posts: 1671
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
yudhawastup wrote:
Hi All! I would like to get feedback from you guys.

Male, 30, South East Asian
Institut Teknologi Bandung - Majored in Computer Science (GPA 3.72)
Cum Laude

GMAT Score - 680 (Q47, V36)

Work experience - (about 9 years total)
Central Bank (5 years) - Payment System Policy Analyst
• Led team of 3 and collaborated with World Bank & Bank of International Settlement to develop a cross-border retail payment system that processes >$100bio annually
• Increased the transaction speed of the existing P2P transfer system that processed >$7bio annual payments by 2 times through implementing a national fast payment system
• Accelerated QR Payment merchant’s acceptance from 4mio to 15mio merchants in a year
• Led a team of 5 to boost local tax payments by 50% through integrating e-commerce and e-money provider with government taxing systems, and enabling easier & faster tax payments using mobile phones
• Digitized payment systems for >300 people who lived around the largest Lake in SEA.
• Delivered ~20 digital payment education seminars and gave speeches in >15 fintech seminars, reaching >100 thousand audiences.

Startup (1 year) - Product Manager
• Led team of >10 for “lifestyle” applications (impacting by >1 million app users), and the “service provider” application (>10k users).
• Reduced the app’s searching algorithm from 1 day to 15 minutes by improving its search algorithm and feedback features
• Contributed an increase of >$100k daily transaction by boosting its transaction volume by 100% mtm, leading to a positive operations margin

Global IT Consultant (3 years)
• Developed a digital strategy roadmap for the largest pulp & paper company in Southeast Asia, including an automated digital smart plantation system, executive dashboard, and AI-powered decision-making system
• Developed IT strategy roadmap and blueprint for Indonesia’s largest NGO (pro bono consulting)

Organization - National scale ICT Association, National Running Community

I am aiming to enhance my skills in negotiation, global networking and communication in addition with involved in global-scale fintech practices. Post-MBA, I am planning to go back to the central bank post-MBA to develop central bank digital currency and lead several National scale payment infrastructure projects in collaboration with payment industries.

Thank you so much


Hello yudhawastup , hope you are doing well

With a wealth of experience in digital transformation and fintech space, you will certainly leap off the page provided you put in some good effort in polishing your essays and overall application. As pointed out in previous comments, the top 10 US schools give much importance to GMAT score, and therefore to be safe you should try to pull your score above the 700 threshold. The higher the score the better are the odds for making it. If you are not too keen on taking GMAT again I would suggest that you also consider applying to Berkeley Haas and some European schools (LBS/ INSEAD) as backup.

Best wishes
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   
Moderators:
Booth & Sloan Moderator
38 posts
Booth and Haas Moderator
44 posts

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne