It is currently 21 Sep 2017, 12:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Passage of the Day - Set 1

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Expert Post
7 KUDOS received
e-GMAT Representative
S

Kudos [?]: 8797 [7], given: 328

Passage of the Day - Set 1 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2017, 13:39
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

100% (00:01) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 14 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

You all have heard and read "Word of the Day" or "Question of the Day". This initiative is a bit different. This one is "Passage of the Day". And you must be wondering - "what does that even mean?"

What does "Passage of the Day" entail?

Every day I will take up a passage from say Wall Street Journal or New York Times or some other trusted publication and I will demonstrate how I do one or more of the following:
• how I understand the meaning or
• how I infer meaning of a certain word or
• how I determine linkages between different parts of that passage.

How will it benefit you?

My hope is that as you read through one such "passage" every day, you will develop and sharpen the core skill of "comprehension" that will help you in all sections of verbal.
That's my hope - rest the time will tell the results!

One more thing before I wrap this up - the "passage" may contain just one sentence or two sentences or more than 2 sentences or maybe even a typical passage.

Passage of the day - Feb 3

So let's get going for today's "Passage of the Day".
Here is a sentence from yesterday's issue of Wall Street Journal.

Quote:
Foreign-student applications to major U.S colleges for the next academic year are stable or even rising, alleviating some fears that international students wouldn’t continue to seek admission to the country's schools in the wake of the election of President Donald Trump."

Let's understand the meaning of this sentence.

The author first presents a fact -
• Students from foreign countries are applying to U.S colleges for the coming year. In fact the applications are either stable or have even risen.
Then he presents some outcome from this fact, as is evident by the use of verb-ing modifier - alleviating.

Now here comes the part that some of you may be unsure about.

Are you little unclear about what the word "alleviate" means? If yes, then don’t worry. You do not need to know the meaning of this word in order to understand the meaning of this sentence. You can infer its meaning from the sentence itself. :)

Let's see how:
Quote:
The author talks about some fears - What are these fears? Fears that students will not come to US for higher education.
• Now piece the sentence together.
○ Fact - applications are stable or rising
○ Fear - applications will go down
• So this means that "alleviate" must mean that the fears have gone down or reduced.

So notice how even if we did not know the meaning of the word "alleviate", we were able to infer its meaning from the context of the sentence.

Takeaway

If you focus on the meaning of each part of the sentence, you will not face problems even if you do not know the exact meaning of a certain word - in this case alleviate.

And now just because we can check the meaning of this word, let's do a quick check: alleviate means "reduce, ease, relieve" as in "use ice to alleviate the swelling".

So that's it for today. I will see you tomorrow with the Passage for the day for Feb 4.

Regards,

Payal

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

Last edited by egmat on 16 Feb 2017, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 8797 [7], given: 328

Expert Post
5 KUDOS received
e-GMAT Representative
S

Kudos [?]: 8797 [5], given: 328

Re: Passage of the Day - Set 1 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2017, 11:36
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I am back!
Here comes the Passage for Feb 4.
This is a passage that contains of a single sentence from the same article from which I pulled out our passage for Feb 3. Source: wsj

Here is what I want you to do:

1. Read this sentence just one time - i.e. when you are reading it, make sure that you are comprehending it as well.
2. Then answer the questions that I ask below - do not re-read the sentence to understand the meaning of the sentence. You can definitely refer to it to find the answer.
3. Then reply back to this post indicating how many questions you were able to answer confidently.

Quote:
Admission officials at New York University - where freshman applications from overseas rose 7.3% to 18373 and deposits from international students who have already been admitted are tracking ahead of last year - will urge admitted students to begin filling visa paperwork immediately, because of uncertainty over whether the approval process will be more complicated this year.

Here are the questions:
1. What does the number 18373 signify?
a. The current number of freshman applications from overseas for New York University.
b. The number by which the freshman applications from overseas for New York University has increased this year.

2. What deposits are being talked about?
a. Deposits made by international students who have been admitted to all universities in US.
b. Deposits made by international students who have been admitted to New York University.
c. Deposits made by all students of New York University.

3. Who is urging admitted students to begin filling visa paperwork immediately?
a. Current students
b. Admission officials at New York University
c. Freshman applicants
d. International students

4. Who are being urged to begin filling visa paperwork immediately?
a. All freshman applicants
b. All admitted students
c. All current students
d. Admission officials

5. What is the reason behind immediately filling visa paperwork?
a. Greater number of freshman applications this year
b. Uncertainty regarding the complexity of approval process this year

I look forward to your reply indicating the number of questions that you were able to answer confidently. The answer key is present here.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
1a:2b:3b:4b:5b

Passage for Tomorrow!

Now one thing I do want you to understand - even though this sentence is long, it is very easy to understand - why? Because of the topic of this sentence. This is a sentence that you all can relate to. It pertains to you; it pertains to the current affairs that are very much in open discussion today!

But remember what we are doing here - we are working towards comprehending a given passage in a single read. So when we read we should apply all our reading strategies. Tomorrow, I will find a similar long sentence but not from a subject that is not as "relatable" as this one! So consider this one as a warm-up practice for tomorrow.:)

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

Kudos [?]: 8797 [5], given: 328

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 42 [1], given: 162

WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2017, 06:24
This post received
KUDOS
egmat wrote:
I am back!
Here comes the Passage for Feb 4.
This is a passage that contains of a single sentence from the same article from which I pulled out our passage for Feb 3. Source: wsj

Here is what I want you to do:

1. Read this sentence just one time - i.e. when you are reading it, make sure that you are comprehending it as well.
2. Then answer the questions that I ask below - do not re-read the sentence to understand the meaning of the sentence. You can definitely refer to it to find the answer.
3. Then reply back to this post indicating how many questions you were able to answer confidently.

Quote:
Admission officials at New York University - where freshman applications from overseas rose 7.3% to 18373 and deposits from international students who have already been admitted are tracking ahead of last year - will urge admitted students to begin filling visa paperwork immediately, because of uncertainty over whether the approval process will be more complicated this year.

Here are the questions:
1. What does the number 18373 signify?
a. The current number of freshman applications from overseas for New York University.
b. The number by which the freshman applications from overseas for New York University has increased this year.

2. What deposits are being talked about?
a. Deposits made by international students who have been admitted to all universities in US.
b. Deposits made by international students who have been admitted to New York University.
c. Deposits made by all students of New York University.

3. Who is urging admitted students to begin filling visa paperwork immediately?
a. Current students
b. Admission officials at New York University
c. Freshman applicants
d. International students

4. Who are being urged to begin filling visa paperwork immediately?
a. All freshman applicants
b. All admitted students
c. All current students
d. Admission officials

5. What is the reason behind immediately filling visa paperwork?
a. Greater number of freshman applications this year
b. Uncertainty regarding the complexity of approval process this year

I look forward to your reply indicating the number of questions that you were able to answer confidently. The answer key is present here.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
1a:2b:3b:4b:5b

Passage for Tomorrow!

Now one thing I do want you to understand - even though this sentence is long, it is very easy to understand - why? Because of the topic of this sentence. This is a sentence that you all can relate to. It pertains to you; it pertains to the current affairs that are very much in open discussion today!

But remember what we are doing here - we are working towards comprehending a given passage in a single read. So when we read we should apply all our reading strategies. Tomorrow, I will find a similar long sentence but not from a subject that is not as "relatable" as this one! So consider this one as a warm-up practice for tomorrow.:)

Hi EGmat Team,
Superb initiative.
I got only first Q incorrect. Let me know detailed approach so that I can compare my strategy with yours.
Wr, Arpit

Press kudos if you liked this post

Kudos [?]: 42 [1], given: 162

Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
S

Kudos [?]: 8797 [0], given: 328

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2017, 09:15
Hi arpit,

I am glad that you like this initiative. It's my pleasure if I can make comprehension easy for you!

So you got question 1 wrong. Let's focus on that question first.

Question 1

Pay close attention to this part "applications rose 7.3% to 18373". The word "to" implies that the final number of applications is 18373. If the sentence was worded as "applications rose by 18373", then choice b would have been the correct answer. Now such an error from your part can cost you a sentence correction question under the premise of "change meaning". So please do pay attention to every part of the sentence - big or small. :)

Comprehending the sentence

Alright, now I will walk you through how I would read this sentence for effective comprehension. When I read this sentence, I pause at these points as indicated in the sentence structure below and as I pause, I assimilate the meaning of each part carefully. As you can see when I break the sentence down in this fashion, the significance of each entity becomes absolutely clear. Now if you are wondering how do you know where to pause, then may I point you to our Master Comprehension course - it’s a 2-hour long course in which you learn all about how to read the sentence effectively in the first read itself and grasp the maximum from the sentence.

Last edited by egmat on 06 Feb 2017, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
e-GMAT Representative
S

Kudos [?]: 8797 [2], given: 328

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2017, 09:29
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Here comes Passage for Feb 6

Quote:
The belief that Aztec in New Mexico was constructed during two distinct construction periods has been proven by the modern tree-ring dating and has also been corroborated nicely by other evidence found in the 1920s by archaeologist Earl H. Morris that Aztec actually was built by one group of people - Chaco tribe whose settlement is indicated by the absence of burials - abandoned, and then reoccupied at a later date by a slightly different group of people - Mesa Verde tribe whose pottery, household utensils, and burials were found overlying the Chaco debris and sterile sand layers.

Here are the questions based on this 99-word sentence. Notice that for this exercise, I will not present options. I want you to tell me the answer in your own words.

According to the passage,
1. What is the belief about Aztec?
2. What are the two ways in which this belief has been proven?
3. What was abandoned?
4. Who abandoned?
5. What is the point of difference between Chaco tribe and Mesa Verde tribe?

So pour in your answers and earn kudos from me! Also, add the sentence structure of the sentence in question. I wish I could give you an extra kudo for that!! But I will do this - I will critique your sentence structure and give you personalized feedback!

Kudos [?]: 8797 [2], given: 328

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 58

Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 590 Q45 V26
GPA: 3.5
WE: Design (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2017, 10:43
This post received
KUDOS
1.The belief about Aztec is that it is constructed during two different construction periods.
2. Modern tree ring dating and evidence found in 1920 by archaeologist Earl H. Morris proves the belief about Aztec.
3.Aztec was abandoned.
4. Chaco tribe abandoned Aztec.
5. The point of difference between Chaco tribe and Mese Verde tribe is presence or absence of burials.

"I would risk the fall, just to know how it feels to FLY"

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 58

Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
S

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2017, 11:29
kuksbug wrote:
1.The belief about Aztec is that it is constructed during two different construction periods.
2. Modern tree ring dating and evidence found in 1920 by archaeologist Earl H. Morris proves the belief about Aztec.
3.Aztec was abandoned.
5. The point of difference between Chaco tribe and Mese Verde tribe is presence or absence of burials.

Perfect answers kuksbug. Were you able to understand the meaning of sentence in single go? What is the strategy you utilize to read the sentence?

Can you also take a stab at the sentence structure of this sentence?

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 13 [1], given: 60

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: IIMB
GMAT 1: 580 Q48 V22
GPA: 3.7
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2017, 11:32
This post received
KUDOS
First of all, nice initiative by e-gmat.

Answers for the questions from above paragraph:

Answer: : Belief is that it was constructed during two distinct construction periods

Passage Line :The belief that Aztec in New Mexico was constructed during two distinct construction periods

Answer: : 1. by the modern tree-ring dating. 2. evidence that it was actually built by one group of people.

Passage Line : has been proven by the modern tree-ring dating and has also been corroborated nicely by other evidence found in the 1920s by archaeologist Earl H. Morris that Aztec actually was built by one group of people - Chaco tribe

3. What was abandoned?

Answer: : Aztec was abandoned.

4. Who abandoned?

Answer: : settlement of chaco tribe.

Passage Line : Chaco tribe whose settlement is indicated by the absence of burials - abandoned,

Answer: : Chaco tribe's settlement is indicated by absence of burials but Mesa Verde tribe's settlement is indicated by the burials found.

Passage Line : Chaco tribe whose settlement is indicated by the absence of burials........ Mesa Verde tribe whose pottery, household utensils, and burials

Kudos [?]: 13 [1], given: 60

Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 429

Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2017, 19:32
egmat wrote:

Quote:
The belief that Aztec in New Mexico was constructed during two distinct construction periods has been proven by the modern tree-ring dating and has also been corroborated nicely by other evidence found in the 1920s by archaeologist Earl H. Morris that Aztec actually was built by one group of people - Chaco tribe whose settlement is indicated by the absence of burials - abandoned, and then reoccupied at a later date by a slightly different group of people - Mesa Verde tribe whose pottery, household utensils, and burials were found overlying the Chaco debris and sterile sand layers.

Here are the questions based on this 99-word sentence. Notice that for this exercise, I will not present options. I want you to tell me the answer in your own words.

3. What was abandoned?
4. Who abandoned?

So pour in your answers and earn kudos from me! Also, add the sentence structure of the sentence in question. I wish I could give you an extra kudo for that!! But I will do this - I will critique your sentence structure and give you personalized feedback!

HI e-gmat,

Appreciate you for new initiative!!!

Got answers for 1,2 and 5. But still challenge is how do you break the passage, it is single long sentence!!!

Could you please explain Question 3 & 4?

The belief that Aztec was constructed during two distinct construction periods

By the modern tree-ring dating and other evidence found in the 1920s by archaeologist Earl H. Morris

presence or absence of burials.

Correct me if I'm wrong!!!

Happy Prepping :-)

आत्मनॊ मोक्षार्थम् जगद्धिताय च

Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
S

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2017, 21:33
RMD007 wrote:
First of all, nice initiative by e-gmat.

Answers for the questions from above paragraph:

Answer: : Belief is that it was constructed during two distinct construction periods

Passage Line :The belief that Aztec in New Mexico was constructed during two distinct construction periods

Answer: : 1. by the modern tree-ring dating. 2. evidence that it was actually built by one group of people.

Passage Line : has been proven by the modern tree-ring dating and has also been corroborated nicely by other evidence found in the 1920s by archaeologist Earl H. Morris that Aztec actually was built by one group of people - Chaco tribe

3. What was abandoned?

Answer: : Aztec was abandoned.

4. Who abandoned?

Answer: : settlement of chaco tribe.

Passage Line : Chaco tribe whose settlement is indicated by the absence of burials - abandoned,

Answer: : Chaco tribe's settlement is indicated by absence of burials but Mesa Verde tribe's settlement is indicated by the burials found.

Passage Line : Chaco tribe whose settlement is indicated by the absence of burials........ Mesa Verde tribe whose pottery, household utensils, and burials

Absolutely correct answers RMD007. I love the way you have given the answers along with what exact part of the passage provides the answers. Would you like to take a stab at the sentence structure of this sentence?

Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
S

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2017, 21:43
NandishSS wrote:
egmat wrote:

Hi e-gmat,

Got answers for 1,2 and 5. But still challenge is how do you break the passage, it is single long sentence!!!

By the modern tree-ring dating and other evidence found in the 1920s by archaeologist Earl H. Morris

Hi NandishSS,

I am glad that you like this initiative. And I am very glad that you took a stab at this passage. Let's talk about your answers - all your answers above are correct! So good job at that.

The two questions that you missed are questions 3 and 4 and IMHO you missed them since you could not determine the role that the word "abandoned" plays in this sentence.

Now I can give you the answer, but I think it would be better if you arrive at it yourself. Don't worry, I will help you out here. :)

Look at the sentence below. I have removed some parts of this sentence (actually made the font white for these two parts). Read this sentence and tell me what is the role played by the word "abandoned". I would like it if you could write the sentence structure of this sentence.

Abbreviated sentence

The belief that Aztec in New Mexico was constructed during two distinct construction periods has been proven by the modern tree-ring dating and has also been corroborated nicely by other evidence found in the 1920s by archaeologist Earl H. Morris that Aztec actually was built by one group of people - Chaco tribe whose settlement is indicated by the absence of burials - , abandoned, and then reoccupied at a later date by a slightly different group of people - Mesa Verde tribe whose pottery, household utensils, and burials were found overlying the Chaco debris and sterile sand layers.

Looking forward to your response!

Regards,

Payal

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 58

Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 590 Q45 V26
GPA: 3.5
WE: Design (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2017, 23:41
egmat wrote:
kuksbug wrote:
3.Aztec was abandoned.

Perfect answers kuksbug. Were you able to understand the meaning of sentence in single go? What is the strategy you utilize to read the sentence?

Can you also take a stab at the sentence structure of this sentence?

Hi,
Thanks for kudos :)

I read the passage ,dividing it into following structure

The belief
that Aztec in New Mexico was constructed during two distinct construction periods
has been proven by the modern tree-ring dating
and
has also been corroborated nicely by other evidence found in the 1920s by archaeologist Earl H. Morris
that Aztec actually was
built by one group of people- Chaco tribe whose settlement is indicated by the absence of burials -
abandoned, and then
reoccupied at a later date by a slightly different group of people - Mesa Verde tribe whose pottery, household utensils, and burials were found overlying the Chaco debris and sterile sand layers.

I had to refer back to passage for some questions.

"I would risk the fall, just to know how it feels to FLY"

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 58

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 92 [1], given: 429

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2017, 23:51
This post received
KUDOS
egmat wrote:
NandishSS wrote:
egmat wrote:

Hi e-gmat,

Hi NandishSS,

I am glad that you like this initiative. And I am very glad that you took a stab at this passage. Let's talk about your answers - all your answers above are correct! So good job at that.

The two questions that you missed are questions 3 and 4 and IMHO you missed them since you could not determine the role that the word "abandoned" plays in this sentence.

Now I can give you the answer, but I think it would be better if you arrive at it yourself. Don't worry, I will help you out here. :)

Look at the sentence below. I have removed some parts of this sentence (actually made the font white for these two parts). Read this sentence and tell me what is the role played by the word "abandoned". I would like it if you could write the sentence structure of this sentence.

Abbreviated sentence

The belief that Aztec in New Mexico was constructed during two distinct construction periods has been proven by the modern tree-ring dating and has also been corroborated nicely by other evidence found in the 1920s by archaeologist Earl H. Morris that Aztec actually was built by one group of people - Chaco tribe whose settlement is indicated by the absence of burials - , abandoned, and then reoccupied at a later date by a slightly different group of people - Mesa Verde tribe whose pottery, household utensils, and burials were found overlying the Chaco debris and sterile sand layers.

Looking forward to your response!

Regards,

Payal

Hi e-gmat,

Does abandoned modify Aztec?

My understanding is Aztec actually was built by one group of people - Chaco tribe whose settlement is indicated by the absence of burials - (modifier)

Here we are talking about Aztec was abandoned, and then reoccupied.

Please let me know how to divide a sentence.

Kudos [?]: 92 [1], given: 429

Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
S

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2017, 12:58
Hi NandishSS,

You are correct. Aztec was built, was abandoned, and then was reoccupied. :)

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
e-GMAT Representative
S

Kudos [?]: 8797 [1], given: 328

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2017, 13:07
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Quote:

Thank you all for your participation in the Passage of the day of Feb 6. As promised here is the sentence structure for this sentence.

Now in case you are wondering "Yes this is fine, but how do I get to this sentence structure myself?". To address this concern, I have demonstrated my thought process through the table below:

Hope this helps!

While you enjoy this analysis, I will work on passage of the day for Feb 7 :) Stay tuned!!

Kudos [?]: 8797 [1], given: 328

Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
S

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2017, 13:48
kuksbug wrote:
The belief
that Aztec in New Mexico was constructed during two distinct construction periods
has been proven by the modern tree-ring dating
and
has also been corroborated nicely by other evidence found in the 1920s by archaeologist Earl H. Morris
that Aztec actually was
built by one group of people- Chaco tribe whose settlement is indicated by the absence of burials -
abandoned, and then
reoccupied at a later date by a slightly different group of people - Mesa Verde tribe whose pottery, household utensils, and burials were found overlying the Chaco debris and sterile sand layers.

I had to refer back to passage for some questions.

The sentence structure looks great! You may want to match your thought process with mine by seeing the detailed description that I have now provided for the sentence structure of this sentence! :)

Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2017, 19:02
egmat wrote:
Quote:

Thank you all for your participation in the Passage of the day of Feb 6. As promised here is the sentence structure for this sentence.

Now in case you are wondering "Yes this is fine, but how do I get to this sentence structure myself?". To address this concern, I have demonstrated my thought process through the table below:

Hope this helps!

While you enjoy this analysis, I will work on passage of the day for Feb 7 :) Stay tuned!!

Awesome !!! Waiting for next passage!!!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 14

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2017, 21:59
egmat wrote:

Quote:

3. What was abandoned?
4. Who abandoned?

Aztec is a site/construction built during two different construction periods

Evidence of existence of two different tribes have been found at the construction site.

3. What was abandoned?
No evidence of burials was found, which is atypical of Chaco tribe .

4. Who abandoned?
Chaco tribe abandoned Aztec in New Mexico

Mesa Verde tribe used to cremate the departed using burial system while Chaco tribe did not.

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 14

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Kudos [?]: 838 [0], given: 75

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2017, 20:11
Top Contributor
At Steelcase, electrician Warsen has had to get used to not being the go-to guy when problems arise.

Can you please explain this sentence in terms of grammar and intended meaning? egmat

The only time you can lose is when you give up. Try hard and you will suceed.
Thanks = Kudos. Kudos are appreciated

http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-in-verbal-gmat-forum-134642.html
When you post a question Pls. Provide its source & TAG your questions
Avoid posting from unreliable sources.

My posts
http://gmatclub.com/forum/beauty-of-coordinate-geometry-213760.html#p1649924
http://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-march-april-gmat-takers-who-want-to-cross-213154.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/possessive-pronouns-200496.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/double-negatives-206717.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-greatest-integer-function-223595.html#p1721773
https://gmatclub.com/forum/improve-reading-habit-233410.html#p1802265

Kudos [?]: 838 [0], given: 75

Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
S

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2017, 15:27
Nevernevergiveup wrote:
At Steelcase, electrician Warsen has had to get used to not being the go-to guy when problems arise.

Can you please explain this sentence in terms of grammar and intended meaning? egmat

I will surely help you with it Nevernevergiveup. But can you give me an idea about what you think about the grammar and meaning of this sentence. :)

Re: Passage of the Day - Set 1   [#permalink] 09 Feb 2017, 15:27

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 37 posts ]