It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 20:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Patty: Tubeless tyres have low probability of bursting at high car spe

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
D

Kudos [?]: 750 [1], given: 20

Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE: Sales (Retail)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Patty: Tubeless tyres have low probability of bursting at high car spe [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2017, 21:55
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

75% (hard)

Question Stats:

49% (01:11) correct 51% (01:10) wrong based on 54 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Patty: Tubeless tyres have low probability of bursting at high car speeds. This can prevent hundreds of accidents from happening. I want the state transport department to mandate tubeless tyres for all cars.

Rudy: I don't completely agree with your request. After all, cars are only a certain percentage of all the vehicles in the state and commercial vehicles such as trucks contribute to larger numbers of accidents that cars do.

Which of the following suggests the fundermental weakness in Rudy's reasoning?

A. She compares accidents by one type of vehicles with accidents by all other types.
B. She fails to back her claims with clear, relevant data.
C. She only compares the number of accidents and ignores the severity of the accidents.
D. She assumes that Patty is advocating tubeless tyres strictly for cars only.
E. She rejects a potential solution for part of a problem on grounds that it doesn't solve the entire problem.

Source: Experts Global
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Stay hungry, Stay foolish

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Class of 2020: Rotman Thread | Schulich Thread
Class of 2019: Sauder Thread

Kudos [?]: 750 [1], given: 20

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 465

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Patty: Tubeless tyres have low probability of bursting at high car spe [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2017, 23:47
pushpitkc wrote:
Patty: Tubeless tyres have low probability of bursting at high car speeds. This can prevent hundreds of accidents from happening. I want the state transport department to mandate tubeless tyres for all cars.

Rudy: I don't completely agree with your request. After all, cars are only a certain percentage of all the vehicles in the state and commercial vehicles such as trucks contribute to larger numbers of accidents that cars do.

Which of the following suggests the fundermental weakness in Rudy's reasoning?

A. She compares accidents by one type of vehicles with accidents by all other types.
B. She fails to back her claims with clear, relevant data.
C. She only compares the number of accidents and ignores the severity of the accidents.
D. She assumes that Patty is advocating tubeless tyres strictly for cars only.
E. She rejects a potential solution for part of a problem on grounds that it doesn't solve the entire problem.

Source: Experts Global

E for me.
Rudy sees the problem correctly but underestimates the positive impact that the plan of Patty will account for toward solving the problem as a whole.

------------------------------
"Trust the timing of your life"
Hit Kudus if this has helped you get closer to your goal, and also to assist others save time. Tq :)

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 465

Re: Patty: Tubeless tyres have low probability of bursting at high car spe   [#permalink] 17 Nov 2017, 23:47

Patty: Tubeless tyres have low probability of bursting at high car spe

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap