Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 23:26 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72907 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Peer Profile Review: 27M, UAE Based, Indian Ethnicity, 730 GMAT [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi vince1

Happy to do a free initial brainstorm and review of your application (1 hr +) and what you can do to get off the waitlist.

A few points:

1) Getting on the waitlist is a positive thing. They like your profile and are saying that you are admit ready. But there is obviously a gap somewhere that moved you down the list out of the 'immediate admit' group.

2) You're operating in the dark on the exact reasons why you were waitlisted. This is a management decision making situation. You're experienced at that. You make a list of possible reasons with as much expert input as you can get and then take action on it. If they give you an opportunity, submit and additional essay that clarifies things more. I just did this with a client who quickly cleared the waitlist by being more specific on the MBA goal.

3) If the answer you provided above was your answer to the Why MBA? question then I think I see an issue there.
The more specific you get about skill gaps you've identified as essential to your post MBA goals, the better the school can assess the fit to their program.

Remember at the heart of any MBA application, there are two key questions:

q1 Why you? (what unique elements will you bring to the incoming class in terms of experience, ethnicity, international experience, values, track record etc. etc.) If you captured your experience from all relevant angles that matter to the AdCom (this is about brainstorming) then this should be an area of strength for you based on what you shared above.

q2 Why mba and Why that particular program -- this is the detailed mapping of current role to future role with the specific mba program in between to bridge the skills gaps. Lack of specifics is usually what creates doubt about this question. This is a major area of focus for the initial assessment I was offering you.

Let me know if you'd like to get a on a call and take advantage of the FREE assessment.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Peer Profile Review: 27M, UAE Based, Indian Ethnicity, 730 GMAT [#permalink]