GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 22 Apr 2018, 22:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Physical exercise, proven to intensify the effects of helpful brain ch

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

BSchool Forum Moderator
V
GPA: 3.12
Premium Member CAT Tests
Physical exercise, proven to intensify the effects of helpful brain ch [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2018, 05:46
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

25% (medium)

Question Stats:

81% (01:01) correct 19% (01:56) wrong based on 88 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Physical exercise, proven to intensify the effects of helpful brain chemicals, is especially critical in enhancing cognitive abilities because it improves brain's ability to adapt and change, allowing one to learn new information, and improve memory even in old age.

A. is especially critical in enhancing cognitive abilities because it improves brain's ability to adapt and change, allowing one
B. is especially critical in enhancing cognitive abilities because of improving brain's ability to adapt and change, allowing one
C. is especially critical in enhancing cognitive abilities because it improves ability of one's brain to adapt and change, allowing him
D. is specially critical in enhancement of cognitive abilities because it improves brain's ability in adapting and changing, allowing one
E. is specially critical in enhancing cognitive abilities because of improving brain's ability to adapt and change, allowing one

Source: Experts Global
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Stay hungry, Stay foolish

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Class of 2020: Rotman Thread | Schulich Thread
Class of 2019: Sauder Thread

Manager
Manager
B
CAT Tests
Re: Physical exercise, proven to intensify the effects of helpful brain ch [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2018, 07:34
A is perfact....bacause is prefered over because of and ability to is correct idiom...

Sent from my BND-AL10 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Physical exercise, proven to intensify the effects of helpful brain ch [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2018, 23:22
pushpitkc wrote:
Physical exercise, proven to intensify the effects of helpful brain chemicals, is especially critical in enhancing cognitive abilities because it improves brain's ability to adapt and change, allowing one to learn new information, and improve memory even in old age.

A. is especially critical in enhancing cognitive abilities because it improves brain's ability to adapt and change, allowing one
B. is especially critical in enhancing cognitive abilities because of improving brain's ability to adapt and change, allowing one
C. is especially critical in enhancing cognitive abilities because it improves ability of one's brain to adapt and change, allowing him
D. is specially critical in enhancement of cognitive abilities because it improves brain's ability in adapting and changing, allowing one
E. is specially critical in enhancing cognitive abilities because of improving brain's ability to adapt and change, allowing one

between A and C I will go for A because in C one's - his. (There is no antecedent for his)
What is the OA
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 00:47
pushpitkc wrote:

I go with A

C is wrong because of "allowing him" and D is wrong because of the idiom "ability to". Among the other options, I think that because is better than because of in this sentence
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 01:45
'Ability to' is the correct Idiom: C and D are wrong

'Because of Improving' is idiomatically incorrect: B and E are wrong.

Ans A

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Physical exercise, proven to intensify the effects of helpful brain ch [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 20:12
pushpitkc wrote:

A. is especially critical in enhancing cognitive abilities because it improves brain's ability to adapt and change, allowing one -- best option as per me.
B. is especially critical in enhancing cognitive abilities because of improving brain's ability to adapt and change, allowing one --what is improving brain's ability ?
C. is especially critical in enhancing cognitive abilities because it improves ability of one's brain to adapt and change, allowing him -- allowing him but not allowing her :) funny. "Ability of" is incorrect idiom.
D. is specially critical in enhancement of cognitive abilities because it improves brain's ability in adapting and changing, allowing one -- "ability in" is incorrect idiom
E. is specially critical in enhancing cognitive abilities because of improving brain's ability to adapt and change, allowing one -- Again what is or who is improving brain's ability ?

I remember i did some SC OG question, which had split between especially and specially. I think option with "especially" was correct in that SC problem. Can anyone tell me what is the difference between especially and specially.
Physical exercise, proven to intensify the effects of helpful brain ch   [#permalink] 09 Apr 2018, 20:12

Physical exercise, proven to intensify the effects of helpful brain ch

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap