Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:46 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1137 [0]
Given Kudos: 420
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 178
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 178
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
To add on what you mentioned Christine had told me that from the start of this week they will start with interview invites. But that was the just the start date.
Does anyone here have an idea about the kind of questions asked during Carlson interviews. Or, should I just skim last year's posts.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1137 [8]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Last year's interview debriefs:

1) I finished my interview on 15th. The interview was more of a conversation type... just the normal questions- why mba? why carlson? tell me about yourself..

2) The questions were usual like Why MBA, Why now, challenges at work, how do you approach an obstacle, how do you present a complex topic to strangers. They have added a new section to the interview where you have to talk/present on any topic for 2-3 mins. You will be given 1 min to prepare.

3) The interview questions were the usual: why MBA, why now, why Carlson, What will you give the community, have you faced any ethical dilemma, where else are you going to apply etc. These are questions I remember off-hand.. Try to interact with a current student or faculty.. They really like that you have taken some extra efforts to understand the culture of the university.

4) My interview had no surprises, it had just all the standard questions - Why MBA, Why Carlson, Walk me through yoru CV, Any situation where you faced conflict of interest, career goals etc. It had lasted 30 minutes.

5) So I had my interview last night.
The interview was quite conversational - he (AdCom) took great effort to get to know my background, experiences and the whole story...
Questions were the usual ones: (maybe I am missing a few too..)
- why engineering as undergraduate?
- why MBA?
- why Carlson?
- short/long term goals?
- strength
- weakness
- teamwork experience
- ethical dilemma
- how would I teach a totally new concept to someone?
- 2-min extempore on a topic of my choice (he gave me 1-2 min to prepare)
- which other schools have I applied to, and why?
- questions for him
Overall, it lasted almost an hour - and my interviewer was VERY friendly. I was not fully fully prepared for the 2-min extempore and maybe I stumbled at 2-3 questions more... but all in all it was a very nice experience!

PS:
1. The first admissions decision was received on Dec 19th. But the rest of the candidates got results between the afternoon of Jan 15th till Jan 17th as the applicant count went up by 15 to 20% last year.
2. Some interviews went on for 55 minutes!
3. Scholarship details are only communicated in the admissions package which is shipped to your postal address. Yeah more waiting! :(
4. Apparently last year's scholarship recipients had a GMAT score average of over 710
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
Send PM
Congrats to everyone who received an invite.

Just wanted to know how does the recommendation thing work esp there is a paragraph :

The admissions committee may contact your references during the review of your application. Individuals that you indicate as references are not sent any materials when they are added to your application, and they do not need to complete a form or submit anything in writing.

I have listed 2/3 recommenders but the listed ones haven't received their emails yet. Does it usually send all the 3 recommenders as together ?

Pls shine some light.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
jaysiddharth wrote:
Congrats to everyone who received an invite.

Just wanted to know how does the recommendation thing work esp there is a paragraph :

The admissions committee may contact your references during the review of your application. Individuals that you indicate as references are not sent any materials when they are added to your application, and they do not need to complete a form or submit anything in writing.

I have listed 2/3 recommenders but the listed ones haven't received their emails yet. Does it usually send all the 3 recommenders as together ?

Pls shine some light.

I don't think an email is not sent even when you hit the submit button. They might send them a mail and fix a time for a call to get some perspective.

Good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Guys,

I have my interview in less than 3 days. I have not get a Skype invite yet. Anyone on the same boat? Did anyone write to the school?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congratulations to all who received interview invites!! We hope to see here interview debriefs of interviewed applicants in coming days.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Guys, how is job scene for international students at Carlson? I understand that with visa sponsorship challenges - career options for international students are inherently more challenging. however I will appreciate any more insights.

Thanks,
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1137 [2]
Send PM
Kudos