It is currently 17 Jan 2018, 12:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2011
Posts: 201

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 88

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 04:02
Yes it should be :-D

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 88

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2012
Posts: 31

Kudos [?]: 6 [1], given: 10

Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 04:17
1
This post received
KUDOS
Same error. i have taken a screenshot of the error along with our time. I am planning to attach the same with the mail :P :P

Kudos [?]: 6 [1], given: 10

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 156

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 17

Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 04:29
Yes, and that is how it should be. Applicants might face many issues at the point of application submission and since many submit their apps at the very end, they should have ensured that either the date is not a public holiday or they have their admission office open on the d-day.
_________________

"All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind; the infinite library of the universe is in our own mind" - Swami Vivekananda

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 17

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 156

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 17

Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 04:30
I am planning to wait a few more hours before I submit. Have my app ready.
_________________

"All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind; the infinite library of the universe is in our own mind" - Swami Vivekananda

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 17

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2011
Posts: 201

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 88

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 04:52
SohamDutta wrote:
I am planning to wait a few more hours before I submit. Have my app ready.


Same here. I have my app ready but I'll wait a couple of more hours.

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 88

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2011
Posts: 201

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 88

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 04:53
siva101424 wrote:
Same error. i have taken a screenshot of the error along with our time. I am planning to attach the same with the mail :P :P


Good idea. I have already sent them an email. I will also attach the screenshot.

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 88

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 156

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 17

Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 05:34
The app itself has a few problems e.g. a few of the columns do not get saved or updated even when you move to the next page.
_________________

"All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind; the infinite library of the universe is in our own mind" - Swami Vivekananda

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 17

Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 298

Kudos [?]: 372 [0], given: 420

Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 06:36
BrainFog wrote:
If the deadline falls on a weekend or university holiday, the effective deadline will be the next business day

Even I was thinking of the same thing. Further since all of us are facing the same issue and are writing to the school together, I don't think there should be a problem.

Good luck everybody.
_________________

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Kudos [?]: 372 [0], given: 420

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2012
Posts: 31

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 08:07
any change in the status ?... .same error persists...

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2011
Posts: 201

Kudos [?]: 30 [1], given: 88

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 10:44
1
This post received
KUDOS
No there is no change in status. I'm going to submit my app selecting round 2 as an option but I have also sent them an email. I would not risk delaying it to 2nd November.

Kudos [?]: 30 [1], given: 88

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2011
Posts: 201

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 88

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 10:45
AdmitJA wrote:
BrainFog wrote:
If the deadline falls on a weekend or university holiday, the effective deadline will be the next business day

Even I was thinking of the same thing. Further since all of us are facing the same issue and are writing to the school together, I don't think there should be a problem.

Good luck everybody.


So what did you do JA? Did you choose round 2 then?

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 88

Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 298

Kudos [?]: 372 [0], given: 420

Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 10:50
BrainFog wrote:
AdmitJA wrote:
BrainFog wrote:
If the deadline falls on a weekend or university holiday, the effective deadline will be the next business day

Even I was thinking of the same thing. Further since all of us are facing the same issue and are writing to the school together, I don't think there should be a problem.

Good luck everybody.


So what did you do JA? Did you choose round 2 then?


That is what I will be doing in an hour or two. :)

Will thereafter write to the school and to the admissions team member I have been interacting with by sharing a screenshot that I submitted my application within the R1 deadline.

I would advise you to do the same too. Any better suggestions?

Good luck!
_________________

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Kudos [?]: 372 [0], given: 420

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2011
Posts: 201

Kudos [?]: 30 [1], given: 88

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 10:58
1
This post received
KUDOS
AdmitJA wrote:

That is what I will be doing in an hour or two. :)

Will thereafter write to the school and to the admissions team member I have been interacting with by sharing a screenshot that I submitted my application within the R1 deadline.

I would advise you to do the same too. Any better suggestions?

Good luck!


I think that is the right strategy. I think its just a technical issue and the folks at Carlson will be professional enough to understand that. I just submitted my app and have sent them an email as well with screenshots. Now lets hope I hear positive news from them tomorrow :)

Kudos [?]: 30 [1], given: 88

Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 298

Kudos [?]: 372 [0], given: 420

Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 10:59
BrainFog wrote:
AdmitJA wrote:

That is what I will be doing in an hour or two. :)

Will thereafter write to the school and to the admissions team member I have been interacting with by sharing a screenshot that I submitted my application within the R1 deadline.

I would advise you to do the same too. Any better suggestions?

Good luck!


I think that is the right strategy. I think its just a technical issue and the folks at Carlson will be professional enough to understand that. I just submitted my app and have sent them an email as well with screenshots. Now lets hope I hear positive news from them tomorrow :)


Completely agree with you! Good luck!
_________________

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Kudos [?]: 372 [0], given: 420

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 156

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 17

Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 11:53
Just submitted my app. Now droping a mail to christine and adcom.
_________________

"All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind; the infinite library of the universe is in our own mind" - Swami Vivekananda

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 17

Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 298

Kudos [?]: 372 [0], given: 420

Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 13:00
Did any of you get any email from Carlson after submitting your application? I am surprised that I haven't received any mail.
_________________

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Kudos [?]: 372 [0], given: 420

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 298

Kudos [?]: 372 [1], given: 420

Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 13:01
1
This post received
KUDOS
BrainFog wrote:
AdmitJA wrote:

That is what I will be doing in an hour or two. :)

Will thereafter write to the school and to the admissions team member I have been interacting with by sharing a screenshot that I submitted my application within the R1 deadline.

I would advise you to do the same too. Any better suggestions?

Good luck!


I think that is the right strategy. I think its just a technical issue and the folks at Carlson will be professional enough to understand that. I just submitted my app and have sent them an email as well with screenshots. Now lets hope I hear positive news from them tomorrow :)


To be on the safer side I have taken a PDF copy of the application status page post submission. This page very clearly shows the date as November 1st across all fields.
_________________

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Kudos [?]: 372 [1], given: 420

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2011
Posts: 201

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 88

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 19:39
AdmitJA wrote:
To be on the safer side I have taken a PDF copy of the application status page post submission. This page very clearly shows the date as November 1st across all fields.


AdmitJA wrote:
Did any of you get any email from Carlson after submitting your application? I am surprised that I haven't received any mail.


Better safe than sorry bro. Thanks for the idea I have done the same now :)

And to answer your other question. I didn't receive any confirmation mail from Carlson post submission which was quite surprising to be very honest.

Anyway good luck to everyone. Do post the response you get from Carlson here. I think we have about 4-5 people at least on this forum who experienced the same issue.

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 88

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2011
Posts: 201

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 88

Premium Member
Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 21:25
Guys I received an email from Carlson saying it was a technical glitch and they know about it. They have updated my application and it will be considered for round 1. So I guess we're all safe :-D

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 88

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 156

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 17

Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 21:44
BrainFog wrote:
Guys I received an email from Carlson saying it was a technical glitch and they know about it. They have updated my application and it will be considered for round 1. So I guess we're all safe :-D


Same here !!
_________________

"All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind; the infinite library of the universe is in our own mind" - Swami Vivekananda

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!   [#permalink] 01 Nov 2015, 21:44

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 194 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.