GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Jul 2018, 16:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Oct 2009
Posts: 99
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2015, 08:59
Applied in R2 and received interview invite last week. Seems like interview options were limited only till 17th Dec.
Seems a little strange when Submission Deadlines was on Dec 1st to have interview timelines limited to Dec 17th. Especially when the Decision Notification for R2 is not until 15th Feb.
Is the admission rolling and is there any change that R2 applicant will receive decision by R1 dead line for Decision Notification on Jan 15th?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 18
Location: Turkey
Concentration: Operations
Schools: Madison '18 (S)
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V30
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 14:33
Hi dudes,

I did my interview with Tedi Mason at Carlson School. She was a perfect lady with a smiling face all of the time during interview. The interview went well and took approximately 28 minutes(seems to be low but it was as long as she told me at the start of the conversation) and very basic questions after a detailed CV followup.

Why MBA and why now?
Why Carlson?
Extempore topic chosen by you. Actually she gave me a minute to prepare but i already knew the topic and prepared before so she was very kind when i tell that i already prepared myself for such a question. She smiled also :)) and after all she asked me If i have questions to her. I asked 2 questions and she promised me to interact with a current student and took my name down on her notes.

Actually a wonderful experience for me and i think it was clear. Hope to have an admit with a good scholarship..wish u good luck guys. I would be happy to answer If you send PMs to me about this. Kind regards,
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 303
Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 19:39
Admitted with a $30K scholarship each year!!! :)

PS: I had requested an early decision during my interview and followed it up right through as I had to pay my deposit to another school on the 18th.
_________________

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 22 Aug 2013
Posts: 78
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 03:12
Admitted
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2015
Posts: 23
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 22:35
saritdeb wrote:
Admitted


well done!!!

By the way, when did you have the interview...I had mine on Dec. 11, but I still did not get the result....Does that mean I am rejected?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Sep 2013
Posts: 82
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 540 Q48 V17
GMAT 2: 630 Q49 V27
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2015, 05:03
saritdeb wrote:
Admitted

Congrats!!!

Did you get any scholarship?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Posts: 14
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 00:40
AdmitJA wrote:
Admitted with a $30K scholarship each year!!! :)

PS: I had requested an early decision during my interview and followed it up right through as I had to pay my deposit to another school on the 18th.


Congratulations!! Please give an insight to your profile
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Dec 2013
Posts: 41
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 05:27
Any receive a R2 invite recently ?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2015
Posts: 76
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 11:13
A89MBA wrote:
Any receive a R2 invite recently ?


Nothing yet.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Posts: 14
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 21:31
A89MBA wrote:
Any receive a R2 invite recently ?


I got an interview invite this morning. Pretty nervous.

I am all ears to know more about your experiences guys, the ones who have got admitted and the ones who got admitted with scholarships. Looking forward to hear from you.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Dec 2013
Posts: 41
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 21:38
Got one this morning phew!

Lets have some more debriefs
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 303
Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2015, 04:37
KTandon wrote:
AdmitJA wrote:
Admitted with a $30K scholarship each year!!! :)

PS: I had requested an early decision during my interview and followed it up right through as I had to pay my deposit to another school on the 18th.


Congratulations!! Please give an insight to your profile


Indian Male with very good extra curricular and leadership responsibilities.

I will have 5 years of experience in audit and process improvement roles - 2 years in audit firms, 2 years in IT, 6 months in Mortgage and 6 months leading the operations excellence function in a fast growing FinTech start up.

I am a commerce graduate, Chartered Accountant, Certified Information Systems Auditor and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (KPMG India).
_________________

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 199
Premium Member
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2015, 04:53
AdmitJA wrote:
KTandon wrote:
AdmitJA wrote:
Admitted with a $30K scholarship each year!!! :)

PS: I had requested an early decision during my interview and followed it up right through as I had to pay my deposit to another school on the 18th.


Congratulations!! Please give an insight to your profile


Indian Male with very good extra curricular and leadership responsibilities.

I will have 5 years of experience in audit and process improvement roles - 2 years in audit firms, 2 years in IT, 6 months in Mortgage and 6 months leading the operations excellence function in a fast growing FinTech start up.

I am a commerce graduate, Chartered Accountant, Certified Information Systems Auditor and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (KPMG India).


JA, have you made a decision yet? Where are you off to Rotman or Carlson?
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 303
Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2015, 05:26
BrainFog wrote:
JA, have you made a decision yet? Where are you off to Rotman or Carlson?


I turned down Rotman!

Studying in the US enables candidates to make career switches and to convert internships into job offers. This is highly impossible in Canada while this is more like the norm in the US. Further the career opportunities and growth opportunities are better in the US than in Canada. Hence though I like Rotman as a school, I turned it down due to economic factors.
_________________

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 199
Premium Member
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2015, 05:53
AdmitJA wrote:
BrainFog wrote:
JA, have you made a decision yet? Where are you off to Rotman or Carlson?


I turned down Rotman!

Studying in the US enables candidates to make career switches and to convert internships into job offers. This is highly impossible in Canada while this is more like the norm in the US. Further the career opportunities and growth opportunities are better in the US than in Canada. Hence though I like Rotman as a school, I turned it down due to economic factors.


I totally agree with you bro. I turned down Queen's, Canada that too with a decent scholarship. So is it Carlson then? Or you're still waiting for McDonough decision? Any plans for round 2 applications?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2015
Posts: 41
Location: India
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V41
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2015, 07:47
Hi People! So it seems that Carlson requires 3 professional references.
How do you go about choosing these references?
Are they supposed to write letters or answer emails/calls from carlson?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 106
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.47
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2015, 08:15
Hi Everybody,

I am looking to apply to the full time mba program at Minnesota school of business.

Is it mandatory to submit the official gmat score via mba.com before we get an admit for application review? or will the unofficial score do for now?

Also, I read through the threads before and was not very clear with recommendation part.

Are the recommenders not going to get any mail where they would provide the feedback? Can anybody explain on whats the process?

Regards,
Vijay
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jul 2015
Posts: 108
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2015, 01:32
svijayaug12 wrote:
Hi Everybody,

I am looking to apply to the full time mba program at Minnesota school of business.

Is it mandatory to submit the official gmat score via mba.com before we get an admit for application review? or will the unofficial score do for now?

Also, I read through the threads before and was not very clear with recommendation part.

Are the recommenders not going to get any mail where they would provide the feedback? Can anybody explain on whats the process?

Regards,
Vijay


Afaik, you need to submit the official scores to the school. Re: Recommendation, as i understand it, you are providing references, not recommenders. The ad-com will get in touch with the provided if they have specific questions on your applicatino
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jul 2015
Posts: 108
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 00:59
Had my interview on 30th with Tedi Mason and was on expected lines. She is extremely friendly and conversational in her style and as my first interview, it did a lot to settle nerves.
Looking through the thread, the only question i got asked which isnt listed here is "What challenges do you foresee you will face during your MBA?"
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Dec 2013
Posts: 41
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 01:03
vinod332002 wrote:
Had my interview on 30th with Tedi Mason and was on expected lines. She is extremely friendly and conversational in her style and as my first interview, it did a lot to settle nerves.
Looking through the thread, the only question i got asked which isnt listed here is "What challenges do you foresee you will face during your MBA?"


Hey vinod332002,

Were you asked the extempore question ?
Re: Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!   [#permalink] 04 Jan 2016, 01:03

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 194 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Carlson(Minnesota) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.