Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 491 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 550 Q37 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 3: 650 Q44 V35
GMAT 4: 680 Q49 V32
GMAT 5: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
This question for all especially R1 admits. I came to know of a dinner that was held for admits and select R2 candidates in Mumbai and Delhi recently. A similar event was held last year as well when those invited to the dinner atleast got a waitlist. I want to know does getting/ not getting an invite effect your candidature in any way. I heard two R2 candidates were invited to the dinner.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Hey,

Have all the the interview invites for Round 2 applicants been rolled out?

I got an extension for the Round 2 deadline and submitted my application on 12th Jan.
The application status still shows 'Ready for Review'. What does this indicate?

Thanks
Aarti
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Hey,

Any idea why your's was so different from other applicants? Did you have a unique profile, background, etc. ?

Also, if anyone else has interviewed recently, please post your questions/experience.

Zain

souvilibra wrote:
I had my in-person interview with Shari Hubert on 8th Feb. This was a long one and went on for an hour. It was all about my resume. Why I chose what and how I went about it. There were some standard questions such as Why MBA, how will you contribute, how will you decide which school to go, anytime that you didn't do well on the job, etc..
I was also asked about global leadership, why do you think GT focusses on international exposure. But mostly, it was all about what I had done on my job. I was allowed 10 minutes to ask questions. The interview went into lot of details. I had not faced anything of that sort up till now.
It was over all a good one. I was told that the results will be declared on 25th March. So a long wait now.
Hope that helps.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
aartis15 wrote:
Hey,

Have all the the interview invites for Round 2 applicants been rolled out?

I got an extension for the Round 2 deadline and submitted my application on 12th Jan.
The application status still shows 'Ready for Review'. What does this indicate?

Thanks
Aarti

I believe many are yet to be released. So, hold on :-D You might hear back very soon!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 491 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I interviewed with the adcom who was also a part-time student on 2/16. Overall I think it was a good interview. I felt that I took quite long to answer each question he posed and ended up not answering a lot of questions. However, despite the lack of questions, I felt my answers covered the things adcoms wished to know about me as a person considering other interview debriefs from this thread.

I think the interview lasted 20 minutes. I had more than 5 minutes of questions an answers. The beginning started with him explaining about the process and a bit of hist background.

So the questions were:
1. Walk me through your resume (took me 3 minutes)
2. Why an MBA?
3. Why Georgetown?
4. Feedback question (positive traits and traits I want to improve on.)
5. Question about what I did outside of work as I mentioned it during my walk through. He was pretty engaged with my answer here.

During the Q&A, I also learned about Georgetown's future direction so that was pretty awesome! I'm really impressed by the aim of the school! He said that the decisions will be released on 3/25 (my birthday oh gosh), but you can email them and ask for an earlier decision, which is given on a case by case basis. Good luck to others!

Tip: Try to be succinct with your answers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
zainmamood1 wrote:
Hey,

Any idea why your's was so different from other applicants? Did you have a unique profile, background, etc. ?

Also, if anyone else has interviewed recently, please post your questions/experience.

Zain

souvilibra wrote:
I had my in-person interview with Shari Hubert on 8th Feb. This was a long one and went on for an hour. It was all about my resume. Why I chose what and how I went about it. There were some standard questions such as Why MBA, how will you contribute, how will you decide which school to go, anytime that you didn't do well on the job, etc..
I was also asked about global leadership, why do you think GT focusses on international exposure. But mostly, it was all about what I had done on my job. I was allowed 10 minutes to ask questions. The interview went into lot of details. I had not faced anything of that sort up till now.
It was over all a good one. I was told that the results will be declared on 25th March. So a long wait now.
Hope that helps.

I am not sure, if mine was different from the rest of them who were interviewed. I think much depends on who the interviewer is. Mine was Shari, and she actually goes into lot of detail. One of my friend (Delhi in-person interview) too had similar experience with Shari. Lastly, I have the most common profile : India, IT, Male :D
So don't read much into it. All the best to you :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
I applied to both the Full Time & Evening Program at McDonough. Do you guys know if McDonough requires separate interviews for candidates who applied to both?

I received an interview request to the email address I used to submit my Evening Application, but nothing so far to my other email address. I can't find anything about this on their website, so if anyone knows it would be a HUGE help!! thank you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mercedesrod wrote:
I applied to both the Full Time & Evening Program at McDonough. Do you guys know if McDonough requires separate interviews for candidates who applied to both?

I received an interview request to the email address I used to submit my Evening Application, but nothing so far to my other email address. I can't find anything about this on their website, so if anyone knows it would be a HUGE help!! thank you.

Did you try to get in touch with the school?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Has any one who has been interviewed in R2 received their decision?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: Olin '19 (II)
Send PM
JamieCecil wrote:

In the same boat. All the results will be released on 25th March. Unbearable wait!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
EpiBM wrote:
JamieCecil wrote:

In the same boat. All the results will be released on 25th March. Unbearable wait!

True. I am getting desperate to get a response.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Gotcha. Was just curious because you said your's lasted an hour and others were 30 minutes. Thank you for the insight, good luck!

souvilibra wrote:
zainmamood1 wrote:
Hey,

Zain

souvilibra wrote:
Hope that helps.

I am not sure, if mine was different from the rest of them who were interviewed. I think much depends on who the interviewer is. Mine was Shari, and she actually goes into lot of detail. One of my friend (Delhi in-person interview) too had similar experience with Shari. Lastly, I have the most common profile : India, IT, Male :D
So don't read much into it. All the best to you :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.72
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Interview with member of the Admissions office, who is also enrolled in the part-time MBA. Straightforward walkthrough of resume, with follow-up questions. Asked where else I applied.

Interviewed on: 2017/02/07
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 710, Q44, V42
WE: 72 months
Industry: Consulting
Invited on: 2017/01/12
Interviewed on: 2017/02/07
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Any new updates from anyone related to admit or interview ???
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Anyone knows when Georgetown starts releasing admission decisions? For class of 2017 R2 decision deadline was March 20th and acceptance calls started going out on March 19; Last year they released decisions two days before the decision deadline of March 20th, so I am wondering what will happen this year. Anyone had a word with adcom/interviewer in this context?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Get Ready for the Round 2 Decisions folks.

:)

Please don't forget to update your status.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 491 [0]
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
Anyone knows when Georgetown starts releasing admission decisions? For class of 2017 R2 decision deadline was March 20th and acceptance calls started going out on March 19; Last year they released decisions two days before the decision deadline of March 20th, so I am wondering what will happen this year. Anyone had a word with adcom/interviewer in this context?

for my interview, the interviewer said the results will be released on march 25... but who knows... they may change!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts