GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jul 2018, 09:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2017, 03:13
I'm a R1 applicant and the same situation happened with me.

I got my interview call 5 days after the deadline and but adcom didn't look at my video before November.

Wait for another wave of interviews.

Best of Luck!!

Mattes1988 wrote:
Hey guys,

quick question: It has been almost two weeks since the application deadline and according to the McDonough website, interview invitations should go out two weeks after the deadline. I have noticed that my video essay has not been watched by the adcom. Is this a reason to worry or am I just freaking out?

Best,
Mathias
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2017, 03:50
Thank you so much for your help. Really appreciated :)
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.73

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2017, 11:06
Does anyone has the contact info of Shelly Heinrich from admissions? I forgot to ask her e-mail during the interview.

Everyone dies but very few ever Live!

Current Student
B
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2017, 01:43
Mattes1988 wrote:
Hey guys,

quick question: It has been almost two weeks since the application deadline and according to the McDonough website, interview invitations should go out two weeks after the deadline. I have noticed that my video essay has not been watched by the adcom. Is this a reason to worry or am I just freaking out?

Best,
Mathias

Hi,
How do we if 'adcom' has viewed our video essay? :(
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.32
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2017, 19:19
Hey,

Any idea if Georgetown has more than one wave of interview requests per round? It appears that they have already invited people that applied by the deadline (1/5) for Round 2. I did too but I haven't heard back. I'm wondering whether I should assume this means that I will not be invited?

rajeshrkv wrote:
I'm a R1 applicant and the same situation happened with me.

I got my interview call 5 days after the deadline and but adcom didn't look at my video before November.

Wait for another wave of interviews.

Best of Luck!!

Mattes1988 wrote:
Hey guys,

Best,
Mathias
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2017, 21:16
[quote="zainmamood1"]Hey,

Any idea if Georgetown has more than one wave of interview requests per round? It appears that they have already invited people that applied by the deadline (1/5) for Round 2. I did too but I haven't heard back. I'm wondering whether I should assume this means that I will not be invited?

In the meantime, I was fortunate enough to receive an interview invitation, but I saw that my video essay was still not watched by the adcom. So I guess that it is perfectly possible to still receive an invitation. Just wait for a bit longer...
Current Student
B
Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2017, 09:38
shardul1988 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Can anyone please tell me about a free video editor tool. I want to edit my 1 min introduction video a bit and add a few pics in between. I tried windows movie maker but to edit a video it is asking for some registered version. I tried visiting a Photo studio but they're crazily asking me some 5000 bucks which doesn't make sense.

Please help.

I'm not sure if you've already got it done but I'll share with you anyway: I used iMovie to edit my video. It's super easy to use and very efficient. If you still have trouble, I'd suggest you ask your friend who might have a Mac to help.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2017, 02:54
Hi,
Are the interviews blind(resume) or would the interviewer have gone through my complete application? and if it is skype-based, who conducts it? - Alumni/current-student or adcom member?
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.68
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2017, 00:03
sidduvicster wrote:
Hi,
Are the interviews blind(resume) or would the interviewer have gone through my complete application? and if it is skype-based, who conducts it? - Alumni/current-student or adcom member?

The interviews are blind.
Skype-based interviews will be either conducted by an Adcom member or a current second year student.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2017, 01:58
ashimag14 wrote:
sidduvicster wrote:
Hi,

The interviews are blind.
Skype-based interviews will be either conducted by an Adcom member or a current second year student.

Thanks a lot!
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.68
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2017, 00:32
Everyone, please do share your interview experiences here on the forum.
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2017, 22:56
I had my skype interview on 27th night with Angela Patricia from MBA program office.
Duration : 25 min
Type : Blind(She had just my resume)

1) Why do you want a MBA?
I answered just short of telling about my goals completely. talking more about specific skill set requirement.

2) how do you stay updated on world affairs?
Talked about my subscription to the economist, reading/watching bbc,etc

3) what is an issue/topic of particular importance to you?
Talked about my interest in AI , automation and its impact in all industries like telecom, e-commerce, raid-hailing apps, driverless cars, etc

4) talk about a time when you were part of a team and there was a conflict- scenario, what happened and result
talked about a professional example

5) experience I was challenged in a cross-cultural environment
Talked about my experience working in Colombia.

6) Professional feedback - (linked to the previous question on how I approached the team from Colombia)

7) tell me about a time when you stepped up into a leadership value, you didnt have before
I started with the same example of Q4! then when I realized, I had to change the example more suited to answer the above question. (This was one instance where I talked a bit of nonsense and wasn't succinct)

8) Tell me about a time where you were leading a challenge and something went wrong (problem, issue) and what did you do about it?
I used a personal example about an adventure trip. (Using a personal example usually helps in differentiation and she was more interested in this answer than others)

9) Short term and long term goals

10) questions for her

Overall: I would rate myself 7/10

Advise: Have some differentiating answers ready, like personal examples as well, as that helps you to connect better with interviewer and helps her identify you.
Use instances to show you have researched the school: In my questions for her , I also indicated I have been interacting with current students which ,she was happy to hear.

All the best for others waiting to interview!
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2017, 20:45
sidduvicster wrote:
I had my skype interview on 27th night with Angela Patricia from MBA program office.
Duration : 25 min
Type : Blind(She had just my resume)

1) Why do you want a MBA?
I answered just short of telling about my goals completely. talking more about specific skill set requirement.

2) how do you stay updated on world affairs?
Talked about my subscription to the economist, reading/watching bbc,etc

3) what is an issue/topic of particular importance to you?
Talked about my interest in AI , automation and its impact in all industries like telecom, e-commerce, raid-hailing apps, driverless cars, etc

4) talk about a time when you were part of a team and there was a conflict- scenario, what happened and result
talked about a professional example

5) experience I was challenged in a cross-cultural environment
Talked about my experience working in Colombia.

6) Professional feedback - (linked to the previous question on how I approached the team from Colombia)

7) tell me about a time when you stepped up into a leadership value, you didnt have before
I started with the same example of Q4! then when I realized, I had to change the example more suited to answer the above question. (This was one instance where I talked a bit of nonsense and wasn't succinct)

8) Tell me about a time where you were leading a challenge and something went wrong (problem, issue) and what did you do about it?
I used a personal example about an adventure trip. (Using a personal example usually helps in differentiation and she was more interested in this answer than others)

9) Short term and long term goals

10) questions for her

Overall: I would rate myself 7/10

Advise: Have some differentiating answers ready, like personal examples as well, as that helps you to connect better with interviewer and helps her identify you.
Use instances to show you have researched the school: In my questions for her , I also indicated I have been interacting with current students which ,she was happy to hear.

All the best for others waiting to interview!

Thank you so much - this was super helpful.
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Other (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2017, 19:41
Invited for interview. Submitted application on 1/4/2017 and status was changed to "Ready for Review" on 1/26/2017.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2017, 08:56
alphonsa wrote:
Mattes1988 wrote:
Hey guys,

Best,
Mathias

Hi,
How do we if 'adcom' has viewed our video essay? :(

I look at the analytics for the video. It shows the countries where people viewed the video. It's just a guess though, because you can only tell some people in the US watched your video, you can't tell whether it's the adcom or an applicant.
Current Student
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2017, 09:13
Hello everyone. Congrats to those who are admitted as well as invited to interview. I am from India. I was also fortunate enough to receive an interview invite from McDonough. My interview is during the third week of February. Could you guys please share your interview experiences as well as any other insights? Thanks in advance
Current Student
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2017, 09:55
XxxR8 wrote:
Does anyone has the contact info of Shelly Heinrich from admissions? I forgot to ask her e-mail during the interview.

Congrats on your admit to Ross
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
B
Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2017, 14:33
I had my interview for R2 with an admissions recruiter. The whole thing last 30 minutes, and the questions are standards: Why MBA, leadership/teamwork experience. I wasn't asked to go through my resume or why Georgetown's McDonough/how I could contribute to the class. My advice:

1/ I had lots of teamwork questions, probably because I don't have a permanent team to work with in my job, but switch among different projects. By lots I mean like 4 questions asking about difficult teamwork situation, conflict, among others about cross cultural experience, constructive feedback etc.

2/ Be concise. Come prepared. If you have only 20-25 minutes for 9-10 substantive questions, you can only spend max 2 minutes on each.

At the end there were about 5 minutes for my questions. The first part of the interview wasn't like a conversation, because I think there were many questions for the interviewer to go through, so she only probed when she needed to clarify information. Other than that, it was me answering and then we moved on to the next question. The later part was better, when she spoke about the school and I had opportunities to engage more.

I forgot to ask for her email, but I sent an email to the admissions office to thank her anyways.
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2017, 03:08
Hi! Who was your interviewer? Actually I also forgot to ask her mail. Unfortunately, I also couldn't hear her name properly. So I don't know her name. May be she was the same as yours.
mhngo wrote:
I had my interview for R2 with an admissions recruiter. The whole thing last 30 minutes, and the questions are standards: Why MBA, leadership/teamwork experience. I wasn't asked to go through my resume or why Georgetown's McDonough/how I could contribute to the class. My advice:

1/ I had lots of teamwork questions, probably because I don't have a permanent team to work with in my job, but switch among different projects. By lots I mean like 4 questions asking about difficult teamwork situation, conflict, among others about cross cultural experience, constructive feedback etc.

2/ Be concise. Come prepared. If you have only 20-25 minutes for 9-10 substantive questions, you can only spend max 2 minutes on each.

At the end there were about 5 minutes for my questions. The first part of the interview wasn't like a conversation, because I think there were many questions for the interviewer to go through, so she only probed when she needed to clarify information. Other than that, it was me answering and then we moved on to the next question. The later part was better, when she spoke about the school and I had opportunities to engage more.

I forgot to ask for her email, but I sent an email to the admissions office to thank her anyways.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2017, 07:06
Hey Who else is appearing for Interview soon?
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! &nbs [#permalink] 09 Feb 2017, 07:06

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 223 posts ] 

Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap