Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GRE 1: Q165 V162
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
jschwar1 wrote:
anupama000 wrote:
Can people interviewed in R1 share their interview experience, please?

It was a blind interview so they only read your resume.

What is your short term goal and Plan B? pretty much the same as the application.
Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person.
Tell me about a time you worked with someone from a different nationality or culture.
Tell me about an opportunity you took advantage of to better yourself personally or professionally. (or something to that effect)
What is a hobby of yours?

There may have been a couple of others but these are the ones I remember.

Good Luck!

Thanks for sharing this! Was there cross-questioning on any of your answers, for details or otherwise?
Invited to Interview
07 Jan, 2018
28 Jan 2018, 08:53
anupama000 GMAT: 710, Q50, V35; GPA: 3.85; WE: 60 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Invited to Interview
05 Jan, 2018
28 Jan 2018, 16:13
Private, GMAT: 700, Q44, V41; GPA: 3.1; WE: 70 months; United Kingdom; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
My application status still shows 'awaiting'. Should I be concerned? Is there someone who is in the same boat? I applied on 5th January 2018. And is it advisable to reach out to the admissions since it specifically mentioned 3-4 weeks?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
Aastha Setia wrote:
My application status still shows 'awaiting'. Should I be concerned? Is there someone who is in the same boat? I applied on 5th January 2018. And is it advisable to reach out to the admissions since it specifically mentioned 3-4 weeks?

I sent a mail last week. Got this reply. I'd say let us just wait..keep our fingers crossed!

Hello, Sushrut,

Thank you for your application and your interest in Tepper.

Please do not be concerned as your application is in the queue to be processed. You will be receiving an email from our operations team regarding your status in the not-too-distant future.

Ours is a manual process and we appreciate your patience as we process a large volume of application
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GRE 1: Q167 V155
GPA: 3.47
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
Aastha Setia wrote:

Hi

My status says the following:
Your application is currently under review by Texas MBA Admissions. You will receive a decision on your application by the decision notification deadline for the Round in which you applied. Once a decision has been released on your application, you will receive an email telling you to check the McCombs Application Status Portal. Please note that we are unable to accommodate requests for early decisions.

All my application checklist has a green tick beside it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consumer Products)
Send PM
bepokerst90 wrote:
Aastha Setia wrote:

Hi

Your application is currently under review by Texas MBA Admissions. You will receive a decision on your application by the decision notification deadline for the Round in which you applied. Once a decision has been released on your application, you will receive an email telling you to check the McCombs Application Status Portal. Please note that we are unable to accommodate requests for early decisions.

Haha isn’t this Tepper forum.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
GRE 1: Q167 V155
GPA: 3.47
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
madmax2017 wrote:
bepokerst90 wrote:
Aastha Setia wrote:

Hi

Haha isn’t this Tepper forum.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Sorry: I received the following email from Tepper on 23rd jan:

Thank you for your application to the MBA program at Carnegie Mellon University. Your application is complete.

Your application will be reviewed by the admissions committee and you will receive a decision for Round 2 according to our notification dates.

The committee may still reach out to you if they have questions about your application, so we encourage you to check your email often.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Paula

My application status says the following:
Visit this page regularly to view action items and check the status of your application.

Your Application Status: Complete and Sent to Committee for Review
We will notify you of the committee decision according to our notification schedule.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Kudos
I interviewed on Jan 22nd on Campus. Questions (as I remember them) were as follows:

1) Tell me about your latest role
2) Short term, long term goals, and backup plan.
3) Why Tepper
4) Tell me about a time when you made a decision that affected other teams
5) Tell me about a time you had a disagreement in a team environment and how you resolved it.
6) Experience working with other cultures

So pretty similar to what others have reported. Goodluck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
I applied on the deadline and haven't heard back.
Last year, it was a bit quicker, but then I had a great rapport with a recruiter and that person is no longer with CMU.

I am still hoping and we have some time, so I am not worried about it so far.

But it is getting competitive. Last year they had one of the largest increase in application volume (percentage).

Anyway, all the best to all who applied and still working on the applications.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 4
Send PM
bepokerst90 wrote:

Sorry: I received the following email from Tepper on 23rd jan:

Thank you for your application to the MBA program at Carnegie Mellon University. Your application is complete.

Your application will be reviewed by the admissions committee and you will receive a decision for Round 2 according to our notification dates.

The committee may still reach out to you if they have questions about your application, so we encourage you to check your email often.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Paula

My application status says the following:
Visit this page regularly to view action items and check the status of your application.

Your Application Status: Complete and Sent to Committee for Review
We will notify you of the committee decision according to our notification schedule.

Hi,
Even I received the same email yesterday.

Does anyone know what the next steps would be or When we would be invited to interviews?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
leshwarnag wrote:

Hi,
Even I received the same email yesterday.

Does anyone know what the next steps would be or When we would be invited to interviews?

Well, next step would be to interview.... :-D

Fun aside, I'd say start preparing for one even before you receive invite - unless you are busy with R3 applications.
Once you receive email, it will have a link directing you to set up an interview date / slot / type (in person or web), etc. And once you book it, you are all set.
Prepare and rock it.

All the best.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 723 [0]
Given Kudos: 294
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
There should be one ore wave of invites for tepper. It should be in the coming 2 weeks

If there isnt any invite even after that, then its a ding! :-(
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
pikolo2510 wrote:
There should be one ore wave of invites for tepper. It should be in the coming 2 weeks

Kind of agree, but not completely.
If you don't receive an II in next 2 weeks, I'd start getting anxious. But I wouldn't give up for at least another 2 weeks.
Decision date is March 14. So, giving in before a whole months is left to 'live' is too much to give up - in my opinion.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 723 [0]
Given Kudos: 294
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
hiren2011 wrote:
pikolo2510 wrote:

Kind of agree, but not completely.
If you don't receive an II in next 2 weeks, I'd start getting anxious. But I wouldn't give up for at least another 2 weeks.
Decision date is March 14. So, giving in before a whole months is left to 'live' is too much to give up - in my opinion.

According to last years thread, there was a second wave of invite after which there was none!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Aastha Setia wrote:

It's been a week. Has the status changed?
Invited to Interview
02 Feb, 2018
05 Feb 2018, 02:03
SonamVashisht GMAT: 750, Q49, V42; GPA: 3.5; WE: 36 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts