Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:26 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.39
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
How long is it recommended to wait before we get an interview invite or something?
I submitted my application on Jan, 11th 2018. Haven't heard anything from them yet as of now.
Can we e-mail them asking for further status or something?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.88
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
leshwarnag wrote:
How long is it recommended to wait before we get an interview invite or something?
I submitted my application on Jan, 11th 2018. Haven't heard anything from them yet as of now.

If you submitted on January 11th, you're in the R3 pool. Given that the R3 deadline is March 4th, it looks like you have a ways to go before hearing back re: interviews.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hudamaniam wrote:
leshwarnag wrote:

If you submitted on January 11th, you're in the R3 pool. Given that the R3 deadline is March 4th, it looks like you have a ways to go before hearing back re: interviews.

Yeah about that thing. I was said that even if I submit my application on Jan 11th, I would be considered for R2 because I faced some technical issues with my GMAT exam and Adcoms were informed about this.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.88
Send PM
leshwarnag wrote:
hudamaniam wrote:
leshwarnag wrote:

Yeah about that thing. I was said that even if I submit my application on Jan 11th, I would be considered for R2 because I faced some technical issues with my GMAT exam and Adcoms were informed about this.

Huh, in which case I have no idea - might be worth reaching out to the school!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
leshwarnag wrote:
hudamaniam wrote:
leshwarnag wrote:

As mentioned by others, reach out to the school, but don't bug them too often.
More often than not, the results (acceptances, WL, denials) are surprising - to put it mildly. And in case of Tepper, as they put it while asking for which other schools did you / planning to apply to - 'you know, we are in the business...' Don't put all eggs in one basket.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.6
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Interview feedback: On-campus with Adcom, 2/12

Questions:
1. I've read through your resume, could you tell me about your current position with your company?
2. What are you interested in doing next, after your MBA? (read what are your career goals)
3. Tell me about a time you worked in a team setting where you had to compromise for the team to succeed
4. Tell me about a situation where a team member disagreed with you and how you deal with it
5. Tell me about your experience working with a diverse team with different backgrounds from you
6. Describe a time when you had to overcome a challenge at work
7. What accomplishment are you most proud of outside of work
8. Is there anything else you would like to tell me about yourself?
9. Any questions for me?

Overall it was fairly short, about 25 minutes of questions followed by 15 minutes of me asking questions and holding a general back and forth conversation. Tepper interviews are very behavioral, so you really wont have much opportunity to delivery the traditional questions/answers of walk me through your resume, career goals, why MBA/why now, what will you contribute, therefore you need to find strategic ways to fit in your key messaging. Have your stories ready, especially multiple teamwork stories. I spoke with 3 other students who were interviewed the same day and their feedback was similar; it's very conversational and behavioral.

Best of luck to other GMATClub CMU Class of 2020 hopefuls! :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hi guys ,So Is it a ding for the rest who applied for the 2nd round or still there is time for interview invite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 3.14
WE:Analyst (Telecommunications)
Send PM
So I applied at Tepper during Round 2 on 3rd January. Portal is showing my status as "Complete and Sent to Committee for Review". Yet to receive any call or email from the committee (other than an earlier issue I ran into where I provided supplemental documents).

Should I be concerned and get in touch with them or wait it out till the notification deadline?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
rezkazmi wrote:
So I applied at Tepper during Round 2 on 3rd January. Portal is showing my status as "Complete and Sent to Committee for Review". Yet to receive any call or email from the committee (other than an earlier issue I ran into where I provided supplemental documents).

Should I be concerned and get in touch with them or wait it out till the notification deadline?

if you sent an additional document, your file would at the bottom of the pile. so, i wouldn't be worried, yet.
when did you actually sent that extra info matters.
wait for a week or a bit more and then contact. now, dont ask if you are invited or not, but say you are confirming they got that missing info and they need anything else. even WL students may not be interviewed - has happened to me.
you can refer to my earlier posts in this regards - wait after hitting submit and my experience.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hiren2011 wrote:
More often than not, the results (acceptances, WL, denials) are surprising - to put it mildly. And in case of Tepper, as they put it while asking for which other schools did you / planning to apply to - 'you know, we are in the business...' Don't put all eggs in one basket.

Thanks for your advise. So if I do want to send them an e-mail, how do i put it out to them?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
leshwarnag wrote:
hiren2011 wrote:

Thanks for your advise. So if I do want to send them an e-mail, how do i put it out to them?

I'd not call it advise, but I'd say just approach them and confirm if they got all documents (incl you sent later), and if they need anything else; while you wait patiently for an interview invite. It wouldn't hurt to show you are concerned, but not desperate, that you haven't received an invite yet. And wait for the answer.

More often than not, you will get a generic answer that we sent out invite till late, blah...
If that is what you get, they are not going to disclose anything further and no point on pestering them. In that case, just patiently wait it out - nothing much you can do, unless you can provide them a substantial update. And at the same time, be ready for any result.

Having said that, don't wait till you get an invite to prepare for an interview. If you get fairly late invite, chances are you won't have much time to ready yourself. And that practice will help for interviews in other schools too.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hiren2011 wrote:
rezkazmi wrote:

if you sent an additional document, your file would at the bottom of the pile. so, i wouldn't be worried, yet.
wait for a week or a bit more and then contact. now, dont ask if you are invited or not, but say you are confirming they got that missing info and they need anything else. even WL students may not be interviewed - has happened to me.
you can refer to my earlier posts in this regards - wait after hitting submit and my experience.

Hi,

So the final supplemental info that I sent them was correspondence with one of the Admission Staff on 4th Feb - So yeah, I'd imagine it's way down in the pile.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 723 [0]
Given Kudos: 294
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
I think its a ding from tepper. Based on the previous threads, I don't think they will send out invites so late in february.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pikolo2510 wrote:
I think its a ding from tepper. Based on the previous threads, I don't think they will send out invites so late in february.

Could very well be. Intend on giving them a call today to check on whether any additional materials are required. Tough to be optimistic but hoping for the best.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
rezkazmi wrote:
hiren2011 wrote:

Hi,

So the final supplemental info that I sent them was correspondence with one of the Admission Staff on 4th Feb - So yeah, I'd imagine it's way down in the pile.

Yeah, just 2 weeks since.
Also, this is long weekend there. I'd assume that they should respond to you in about a week (end of this week or so), or the possibility of a ding is a more like a reality. Not to break your spirit man. And, there is still a possibility of being on a WL without interview - I have had that done at UNC, last year. I applied, was WL then interviewed and then visited the school and eventually denied. This year, I applied, in 3 days I was invited for an interview and then admitted.
Don't lose hope and be prepared.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
rezkazmi wrote:
pikolo2510 wrote:

Could very well be. Intend on giving them a call today to check on whether any additional materials are required. Tough to be optimistic but hoping for the best.

Yeah, for the people who had everything in, chances are getting slim. But for cases like that of rezkazmi - who sent details at a later date, they should hold on to hope for a just little longer.
I am not trying to give false hopes. But hey, it is business schools application season and there are so many random as well as unexpectedly logical reasons for acceptance, WL and denial decisions.
This application process is a business in itself. I'd say, anything other than an acceptance decision, is a failed business and a WL is like business failed, but kind of I was able to cut my losses.
So, chin up guys (and gals), be ready for other options. Be ready for next season. Be ready for better performance.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
rezkazmi wrote:
pikolo2510 wrote:

Were you able to reach them or get any update?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts