GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Sep 2018, 00:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Location: United States (TX)
Schools: Tepper '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V38
GPA: 3.59
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 09:14
Is there a separate forum for housing?

How are you guys planning to search for housing? Id like to save $$ and live with a roommate, but have 2 cats, and realize that might be an issue for a roommate.

Anyone attending Welcome Weekend?
Board of Directors
User avatar
V
Status: Stepping into my 10 years long dream
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 3671
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 09:18
IrynaM wrote:
Is there a separate forum for housing?

How are you guys planning to search for housing? Id like to save $$ and live with a roommate, but have 2 cats, and realize that might be an issue for a roommate.

Anyone attending Welcome Weekend?


Hey IrynaM ,

There is a separate forum for this discussion. Please have a look at the below link. Thanks :)

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 55686.html
_________________

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog

GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.

New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!



Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free

Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 318
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 18:38
I am still struggling among different admits. A few more than that shows on my profile! Just wondering when I'd make my decision.
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 318
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 17:12
1
Hey guys. I need some help.

I am admitted to other similar school - rankings, costs and industry presence - similar.
I am wondering which one to choose.

So, can you please tell me, in your opinion, why Tepper is a good choice or not? That is, what are it's strengths and weaknesses?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Mar 2018
Posts: 1
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 2.81
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 11:40
2
hiren2011 wrote:
Hey guys. I need some help.

I am admitted to other similar school - rankings, costs and industry presence - similar.
I am wondering which one to choose.

So, can you please tell me, in your opinion, why Tepper is a good choice or not? That is, what are it's strengths and weaknesses?


Have you attended any of the admitted student events?

It's hard to answer this question without really knowing about your specific goals, but if you're looking at Consulting, Finance or Tech, Tepper is a very competitive program, and is looked upon favorably by industry recruiters.

If you truly believe that all your options are pretty equal in outcomes, then go with the program that embodies a culture that closely aligns with you. You are the only person who can answer this, and I would suggest reaching out to alumni of each of these programs, gauging their responsiveness, and trying to spend some time with other admitted students.

The great thing about Tepper is that it is a small program, and provides for an intimate experience (I'm sure you know this already). Although its not on the coast, you'll find that most students end up there in any case, and have a high quality of life while students in Pittsburgh.

Again, if you believe that all these programs are pretty similar in your scoring rubric, then go with the program that makes you excited, makes you feel empowered and would make you feel like a proud graduate.
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 318
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 18:31
PPTOMBA wrote:
hiren2011 wrote:
Hey guys. I need some help.

I am admitted to other similar school - rankings, costs and industry presence - similar.
I am wondering which one to choose.

So, can you please tell me, in your opinion, why Tepper is a good choice or not? That is, what are it's strengths and weaknesses?


Have you attended any of the admitted student events?

It's hard to answer this question without really knowing about your specific goals, but if you're looking at Consulting, Finance or Tech, Tepper is a very competitive program, and is looked upon favorably by industry recruiters.

If you truly believe that all your options are pretty equal in outcomes, then go with the program that embodies a culture that closely aligns with you. You are the only person who can answer this, and I would suggest reaching out to alumni of each of these programs, gauging their responsiveness, and trying to spend some time with other admitted students.

The great thing about Tepper is that it is a small program, and provides for an intimate experience (I'm sure you know this already). Although its not on the coast, you'll find that most students end up there in any case, and have a high quality of life while students in Pittsburgh.

Again, if you believe that all these programs are pretty similar in your scoring rubric, then go with the program that makes you excited, makes you feel empowered and would make you feel like a proud graduate.



No I haven't attended any admitted weekend - can't as my project requires travel for long period of time at once on remote sites.
I totally understand where you are coming from and that 'fit' factor, gut feelings of connection should be most important in this case. And that is exactly why I put out this post.
Before, I go with my gut feelings, I just want to ensure that I am not missing any 'objective' point or others' experiences that can help me decide.
That is why I want to know what are the strengths and weaknesses of the school.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jul 2017
Posts: 21
WE: Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2018, 10:22
Dear Admitted candidates,
Can you please share when is the basecamp for class commencing in Fall 2018 scheduled from?

When are you planning to travel to Pittsburgh?

I'm on waitlist and I'm hoping that it should converted to an admit. Can you please share what is the process once you get the admit. I've heard there's a separate portal with information for admitted students. Do we have to complete any coursework before joining the class?

For Indian candidates, how long does it take to get the I20 from the day of receiving the admit.

Regards
Kunal

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
P
Joined: 02 Jul 2017
Posts: 294
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2018, 11:19
2
MBA18to20 wrote:
Dear Admitted candidates,
Can you please share when is the basecamp for class commencing in Fall 2018 scheduled from?
-> Basecamp starting from August 6th

When are you planning to travel to Pittsburgh?
-> Most of the students will reach by August 1st-2nd

I'm on waitlist and I'm hoping that it should converted to an admit.
-> All the best man

Can you please share what is the process once you get the admit. I've heard there's a separate portal with information for admitted students. Do we have to complete any coursework before joining the class?
-> No course work is required. Some of the students have to join Quant class but that depends. Don't worry much about it.
Yes there is separate portal for Tepper students. You will get details once you get an admit :)


For Indian candidates, how long does it take to get the I20 from the day of receiving the admit.
-> You have to send your financial documents to univ .. once univ receives the documents the wait starts.... Right now turnout time is around 2- 3 weeks


Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jul 2017
Posts: 21
WE: Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2018, 09:04
Thank you Nikkb for reply.

Can you please share how much financial support do we have to show for getting the I20 document?
I know it's typically 01 year fee, but I wanted to know what is the first year fees for the class of MBA2020.


Thanks again.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 318
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2018, 19:57
1
MBA18to20 wrote:
Thank you Nikkb for reply.

Can you please share how much financial support do we have to show for getting the I20 document?
I know it's typically 01 year fee, but I wanted to know what is the first year fees for the class of MBA2020.


Thanks again.

Posted from my mobile device



In the document they required before issuing I20, they ask to provide proof of funds to cover 1st year's expense. That amounts to almost $ 93k.
If you have a sponsor, they would want to know how you are going to fun 2nd year too. They say, total expenses are over $ 185 k.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jul 2017
Posts: 21
WE: Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2018, 17:25
hiren2011 wrote:
MBA18to20 wrote:
Thank you Nikkb for reply.

Can you please share how much financial support do we have to show for getting the I20 document?
I know it's typically 01 year fee, but I wanted to know what is the first year fees for the class of MBA2020.


Thanks again.

Posted from my mobile device



In the document they required before issuing I20, they ask to provide proof of funds to cover 1st year's expense. That amounts to almost $ 93k.
If you have a sponsor, they would want to know how you are going to fun 2nd year too. They say, total expenses are over $ 185 k.


Thanks Hiren!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 May 2015
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2018, 22:41
Did anyone get off the waitlist?
Board of Directors
User avatar
V
Status: Stepping into my 10 years long dream
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 3671
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2018, 00:25
rajeshthakkar wrote:
Did anyone get off the waitlist?


Hey rajeshthakkar ,

Nope, still waiting since R1. :-(
_________________

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog

GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.

New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!



Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
P
Joined: 02 Jul 2017
Posts: 294
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2018, 00:30
rajeshthakkar wrote:
Did anyone get off the waitlist?



Anupama got into Mccombs and waitlisted for tepper... got converted during R3 results i think...

But i am not aware of her gmatclub id...
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 May 2015
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2018, 05:46
Nikkb wrote:
rajeshthakkar wrote:
Did anyone get off the waitlist?



Anupama got into Mccombs and waitlisted for tepper... got converted during R3 results i think...

But i am not aware of her gmatclub id...


Thanks for sharing the information!!
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jan 2015
Posts: 10
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V42
GPA: 3
WE: Analyst (Other)
Reviews Badge
My Tepper Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jun 2018, 16:46
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 May 2015
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2018, 00:28
abhimahna wrote:
rajeshthakkar wrote:
Did anyone get off the waitlist?


Hey rajeshthakkar ,

Nope, still waiting since R1. :-(



I received an update last night. It's better luck next time!
Director
Director
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Feb 2013
Posts: 888
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2018, 19:40
Top Contributor
hiren2011 wrote:
MBA18to20 wrote:
Thank you Nikkb for reply.

Can you please share how much financial support do we have to show for getting the I20 document?
I know it's typically 01 year fee, but I wanted to know what is the first year fees for the class of MBA2020.


Thanks again.

Posted from my mobile device



In the document they required before issuing I20, they ask to provide proof of funds to cover 1st year's expense. That amounts to almost $ 93k.
If you have a sponsor, they would want to know how you are going to fun 2nd year too. They say, total expenses are over $ 185 k.


Please make sure correct tuition is quoted : https://www.cmu.edu/tepper/programs/mba ... model.html

Aggregated cost of Tuition is $132,000 (2 years)
_________________

Thanks,
Kinjal
My Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267.html#p1449379
My Application Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267-40.html#p1516961
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/kinjal-das/

Please click on Kudos, if you think the post is helpful

Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! &nbs [#permalink] 05 Jul 2018, 19:40

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   [ 558 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: abhimahna

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.