Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:29 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [15]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Hi,

Seeking some advice - R1 insead applicant here.
Completed my gmat last year- score was 670. Breakdown Q47(63%), V35 (76%), IR 5, AWA 5
Repeated my gmat today - score was 690. Breakdown Q45 (57%), V 39(89%), IR 4, AWA pending

Quant has dropped quite significantly. Undergrad is in pharmacy.

I still have the option to cancel my score, should I report it ?

Thanks, appreciate the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 443 [0]
Given Kudos: 752
GPA: 3.95
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
maddy4u wrote:
Admitted after 2 weeks of being waitlisted
GMAT :690 (46q/ 38v)
Experience :60 months

Congratulations Buddy... Mind Sharing your profile??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi all,

I have two questions and would be glad if you can give your opinions

1) I already have two recommendations from my managers at my current company. However, I am thinking to add a third reference from a Client whom I worked with at a long-term assignment. (I am in consulting business) I believe e reference from a Client would also be valuable. Do you think would that make a difference in my application? What are the preferences of ad-com in that sense?

2) I am applying for the Jan 2019 intake and will submit my application in R1. Deadline is 14th of March, looking at my current progress for the essays and reference it seems like I will submit it 10th or 11th of March. Would that be a problem?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q41 V38
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
hermi wrote:
Hi all,

1) I already have two recommendations from my managers at my current company. However, I am thinking to add a third reference from a Client whom I worked with at a long-term assignment. (I am in consulting business) I believe e reference from a Client would also be valuable. Do you think would that make a difference in my application? What are the preferences of ad-com in that sense?

2) I am applying for the Jan 2019 intake and will submit my application in R1. Deadline is 14th of March, looking at my current progress for the essays and reference it seems like I will submit it 10th or 11th of March. Would that be a problem?

Thanks

Hi - Answer to question (1) depends on the quality of the reference. This extra reference can't just be "he or she did a good job" - it needs to go beyond that and explain exactly how are you better than your peers, difficulty of task or uniqueness of achievements, and how this client referee's recommendation tie in with your overall story.

Answer to (2) - I submitted one day before the deadline - so you're way ahead of the game.

Good luck - the entire application should be about quality and putting your best foot forward in a logical and strategic manner. Less can be more.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
melbguy wrote:
hermi wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks

Hi - Answer to question (1) depends on the quality of the reference. This extra reference can't just be "he or she did a good job" - it needs to go beyond that and explain exactly how are you better than your peers, difficulty of task or uniqueness of achievements, and how this client referee's recommendation tie in with your overall story.

Answer to (2) - I submitted one day before the deadline - so you're way ahead of the game.

Good luck - the entire application should be about quality and putting your best foot forward in a logical and strategic manner. Less can be more.
hermi I totally agree with the above poster melbguy. It needs to show that you have given some thought to this and that it complements your candidacy. They need to know why you felt this would add value specifically.

And I personally would add that it needs to be an anecdote a story that they can actually follow. The worst is when people throw in a bunch of adjectives and say all these niceties about you which are completely meaningless to adcom. My personal standard is that what they say has to be something you can imagine unfolding in your mind.

If this person has observed the way that you work and can tell a story beginning middle and end about qualities that reflect what business schools are seeking then yes otherwise no.

The more is more attitude to business school applications is so gravely misguided I could write an entire book on that one topic.

Also it really doesn't matter when you submit your application as long as it's before the deadline.

I'm the thread Master for the January batch, please come and join us if you like.

Cheers,
Farrell

https://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hello,
I am an R2 Admit.
Wondering if there's a https://gmatclub.com/chat / Facebook group for admitted students that I could join ?

Thank you.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
I am a R3 applicant. I heard other applicants have received the email regarding scholarship application. But I haven't received it yet. Dose anyone know why?
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
maddy4u wrote:
Admitted after 2 weeks of being waitlisted
GMAT :690 (46q/ 38v)
Experience :60 months

Hi maddy4u I'm curious if you put an update letter together to get off the waitlist or if you just got lucky. Also wondering what your diversity level might be. A client reported to me that they're AO mentioned he was on the waitlist because he was not considered adequately diverse.
Thanks!

https://mbaprepcoach.com
Invited to Interview
07 Mar, 2018
13 Mar 2018, 11:25
Private, GMAT: 650, Q47, V34; GPA: 3.01; WE: 130 months; Cote d'Ivoire; via Email [#permalink]
Waitlisted
15 Jan, 2018
14 Mar 2018, 03:24
lawrenceqj GMAT: 700, Q50, V34; GPA: 3.1; WE: 46 months; China; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V40
Send PM
Kudos
guialain wrote:
Invited to Interview on: 2018/03/07
GMAT: 650, Q47, V34
GPA: 3.01
WE: 130 months
Heard back via: Email

guialain
Your status in the system shows as admitted.. Can you confirm ? This would mean R3 calls have started already this week.
Thanks!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
mikeya wrote:
guialain wrote:

guialain
Your status in the system shows as admitted.. Can you confirm ? This would mean R3 calls have started already this week.
Thanks!!

I confirm, I got a call from Insead last Friday.
"Congratulations you are admitted" she said.
Nonetheless, note that i am an Executive MBA applicant, not full time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V40
Send PM
guialain wrote:
mikeya wrote:
guialain wrote:

guialain
Thanks!!

I confirm, I got a call from Insead last Friday.
"Congratulations you are admitted" she said.
Nonetheless, note that i am an Executive MBA applicant, not full time.

Congratulations! But I think you are posting your status in the wrong thread though
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72891 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
INSEAD DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Waitlisted, 8 minutes ago, from Singapore, GMAT:700 (Q49 V36), GPA: 3.35, Industry: Consumer Products, WE 67, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 37 minutes ago, from France, GMAT:690 (Q50 V32), GPA: 3.6, Industry: Consulting, WE 52, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 38 minutes ago, from Denmark, GMAT:710 (Q48 V40), GPA: 3.8, Industry: Energy and Utilities, WE 48, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
bb wrote:
INSEAD DECISION TRACKER

• Waitlisted, 8 minutes ago, from Singapore, GMAT:700 (Q49 V36), GPA: 3.35, Industry: Consumer Products, WE 67, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 37 minutes ago, from France, GMAT:690 (Q50 V32), GPA: 3.6, Industry: Consulting, WE 52, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 38 minutes ago, from Denmark, GMAT:710 (Q48 V40), GPA: 3.8, Industry: Energy and Utilities, WE 48, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Round 3 decisions are out?
I thought decision date is 6 April and they start calling 2-3 days before only?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
Send PM
raym0011 wrote:
bb wrote:
INSEAD DECISION TRACKER

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Hi, yes it seems that they started calling today. I got the call this morning. My AO said she would send me the mail by tomorrow.

Happy to join the community. Is there any Facebook group to add?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Nusnus wrote:
raym0011 wrote:
bb wrote:
INSEAD DECISION TRACKER

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Hi, yes it seems that they started calling today. I got the call this morning. My AO said she would send me the mail by tomorrow.

Happy to join the community. Is there any Facebook group to add?

Hey, thanks for the information.

Heartiest congratulations!
Hope to follow suit soon..

By the way, may I know who's your AO? Is it JM?

Thank you.

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
Send PM
[/quote]

Hey, thanks for the information.

Heartiest congratulations!
Hope to follow suit soon..

By the way, may I know who's your AO? Is it JM?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]

Thank you!! My AO is (AN)

Good luck! It won't be long!:)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts