Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:13 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [50]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Stern School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 539 [0]
Given Kudos: 219
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6860 [1]
Given Kudos: 500
Re: 750 | Q50 | V41 | Tips for Engineers [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Congratulations, LRS2021, on a fine self-preparation performance, and congratulations to your wife for that 740 as well. I have to ask, did the two of you ever bounce ideas off each other during the process, or was this strictly a friendly competition? Did you use the same resources, for instance, or did you each have your own copies of the OGs? I think all the tips are sound and are broadly applicable, even if engineers might appreciate the shoutout. (I at least have the nerd part covered, I think.)

Good luck to both of you on the next step in your journey.

- Andrew
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Send PM
AndrewN wrote:
Congratulations, LRS2021, on a fine self-preparation performance, and congratulations to your wife for that 740 as well. I have to ask, did the two of you ever bounce ideas off each other during the process, or was this strictly a friendly competition? Did you use the same resources, for instance, or did you each have your own copies of the OGs? I think all the tips are sound and are broadly applicable, even if engineers might appreciate the shoutout. (I at least have the nerd part covered, I think.)

- Andrew

Hello Andrew - We used the exact same resources. Though I am very sure my wife would have geeked out and referred a few more resources behind my back ! :x

We mostly used soft copied / pdf of books so we used our own laptop. We bought our own offical mock tests though.

But when we used to review Mock Tests on Sunday, I used to connect my laptop to a 55 inch TV screen and we used to go throw them together.
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6860 [1]
Given Kudos: 500
Kudos
Expert Reply
LRS2021 wrote:
AndrewN wrote:

- Andrew

Hello Andrew - We used the exact same resources. Though I am very sure my wife would have geeked out and referred a few more resources behind my back ! :x

We mostly used soft copied / pdf of books so we used our own laptop. We bought our own offical mock tests though.

But when we used to review Mock Tests on Sunday, I used to connect my laptop to a 55 inch TV screen and we used to go throw them together.

I have to say that this sort of dual/duel study method is the first I have seen in a debrief, although I have only been hanging around in the forum for a few years. I like the idea of the tag team review. It is hard to ignore a 55 inch GMAT™ question, even if we are talking diagonals. Out of curiosity, were the two of you missing a lot of the same questions, or did you each have your areas of weakness or expertise? (I am picturing a playful roll of the eyes and an accompanying, You missed that?) Especially since your scores came out so close to each other, I am trying to picture these review sessions, the tug-of-war or the cooperation that would allow each of you to gain insight into how to reach that next level of performance.

Thank you for your earlier response.

- Andrew
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2222 [0]
Given Kudos: 199
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Congratulations LRS2021 on 750!

All the best for the next phase!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
No Our areas of strengths were completely different. My CR and Quant were decent. My wife was damm good at SC and RC. I guess that helped us tutor / mentor each other in our areas of weakness. I aced RC only bcos of her and BB's time management tips.

Also, Today I will be doing a live stream on Youtube with GMAT Club to discuss the strategy in detail. So those of you who found this debrief useful pls join us to clarify more doubts.

Link to Join : https://youtu.be/EJgH5GreJ9s

[/quote]
I have to say that this sort of dual/duel study method is the first I have seen in a debrief, although I have only been hanging around in the forum for a few years. I like the idea of the tag team review. It is hard to ignore a 55 inch GMAT™ question, even if we are talking diagonals. Out of curiosity, were the two of you missing a lot of the same questions, or did you each have your areas of weakness or expertise? (I am picturing a playful roll of the eyes and an accompanying, You missed that?) Especially since your scores came out so close to each other, I am trying to picture these review sessions, the tug-of-war or the cooperation that would allow each of you to gain insight into how to reach that next level of performance.

Thank you for your earlier response.

- Andrew[/quote]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
Send PM
Congratulations to both of you! Quite the accomplishment. Really learned some new ways to control the verbal section.

Also, can you share the link to LSAT RC and CR questions that you have mentioned in your debrief interview?

Thanks in advance :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Send PM
Thank you folks for joining in yesterday. Evan was superb moderator and I hope we did pass down everything we could.

And I guess we hit the 1 hour 30 mins mark. So i am waiting for the hate mails on it !

Also my wife highjacked the entire live stream, much like what she has done to me in real life !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 327
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
Send PM
Hello,

Quite curious where did you and your spouse end up joining?

- Arun
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Congratulations on score and all the best for your future MBA applications. Certainly a motivating and encouraging post, especially for someone opted for self study. Bravo.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts