Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:55 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Marketing, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg, Duke, Ross, Chicago Booth
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [7]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]
Kudos
Because I have nothing to do at work, and know at least one other admit was talking about this, I've downloaded the list of KWEST trips into a handy Excel sheet so you can filter and sort by the different attributes. Holding control and clicking on a trip name brings you to the description of that trip on the website.

Enjoy.
Attachments

KWEST 2009.xls [34.5 KiB]
Downloaded 119 times

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
thanks jerz!!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Venture Capital
Send PM
Jerz wrote:
Because I have nothing to do at work, and know at least one other admit was talking about this, I've downloaded the list of KWEST trips into a handy Excel sheet so you can filter and sort by the different attributes. Holding control and clicking on a trip name brings you to the description of that trip on the website.

Enjoy.

Why, oh why, did you do this?!?! Do you have a vendetta against my productivity?

+1 and much appreciated
Current Student
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Management, Finance
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Jerz wrote:

Enjoy.

Looks like the KWEST trips are at the same time (and at many of the same locations) as Random Walks. Would be interesting to run into a KWEST group during my random walk :lol:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
There is certainly a chance. I heard that happened at one trip. I know I saw Chicago folks at the airport on the way back.

sonibubu wrote:

Looks like the KWEST trips are at the same time (and at many of the same locations) as Random Walks. Would be interesting to run into a KWEST group during my random walk :lol:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
MGOBLUE2 wrote:
There is certainly a chance. I heard that happened at one trip. I know I saw Chicago folks at the airport on the way back.

sonibubu wrote:

i ran into riverripper at the airport in ecuador
Current Student
Send PM
I'm making a list of courses I'd like to take, and it's tempting to consider taking 5 courses / term after (not during) the first term. That's another 5 courses over the 2 years! How often do students do this? A dumb idea? Or a great way to maximize what you get out of the experience?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Send PM
OhThatMBA wrote:
I'm making a list of courses I'd like to take, and it's tempting to consider taking 5 courses / term after (not during) the first term. That's another 5 courses over the 2 years! How often do students do this? A dumb idea? Or a great way to maximize what you get out of the experience?

It could be good? I guess my worry would be how much that extra course would interfere with either recruiting or time I'd otherwise spend on ECs...
Director
Director
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
 Q48  V39
Send PM
isa wrote:
OhThatMBA wrote:

It could be good? I guess my worry would be how much that extra course would interfere with either recruiting or time I'd otherwise spend on ECs...

I'm thinking of taking 5 classes during spring year 1 and 5 for winter and spring year 2, so I get to take 3 extra classes. Hopefully :( I'll have an intership during winter quarter of 1st year and a job by fall of 2nd year so I'll have 3 quarters where I don't have to worry about recruiting. Of course, a lot still remains to be seen!!!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
5 courses are doable depending on what you are taking...some classes have very high work loads so you wouldnt want to take a couple of those and then three other courses. I thought about doing it this semester but withdrew after sitting through a couple classes of one course and wasnt too excited with it. For me its more about interest than work load honestly, why spend 10 weeks with a class if you arent going to get some value and really find it interesting. You actually have one semester where you only need to take 3 classes and still will graduate. I think we take more courses than at a lot of schools already (23.5) and I guess if you want to go nuts you could do another half dozen. I have heard of people graduating early in the past by taking 5 classes. Might have been a good selling point when the economy was booming and a banker could potentially pull down six figures over the course of those several months.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I just met a Senior VP (and chief regulatory officer) of a major device company, mentioned to her that I was going Kellogg in the fall. She couldn't stop raving about their healthcare program and specifically, their Medical Innovations course. (that's the one where you work with people from the med school, engineering school on new products) She highly recommends it for anyone wanting to work in devices, esp in strategy or business development. Apparently, it's one of the questions they ask during on-campus interviews for most of the non-marketing roles.
Current Student
Send PM
isa wrote:
I just met a Senior VP (and chief regulatory officer) of a major device company, mentioned to her that I was going Kellogg in the fall. She couldn't stop raving about their healthcare program and specifically, their Medical Innovations course. (that's the one where you work with people from the med school, engineering school on new products) She highly recommends it for anyone wanting to work in devices, esp in strategy or business development. Apparently, it's one of the questions they ask during on-campus interviews for most of the non-marketing roles.

Awesome, I've added it to my list of classes to take.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback about whether taking 5 classes / term is crazy. Doesn't sound as nuts as I thought it might be. Given that we only have 2 years, I want to maximize what I get out of this, and I don't want to regret not having taken courses I've always wanted to take. It's nice that we can take a 5th course without paying extra tuition.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
If I'm going a non-traditional recruiting route of non banking, consutlting, GM, would 5 courses be more manageable than for the average student? I know I'll still have to put in a lot of work for a self-directed job search, but I figure it won't be as time consuming as all the formal recruiting events for banking and consulting. Or am I wrong on this?

Also, I recently locked in to Kellogg, and passed on Wharton and Chicago. Location played some sort of role in most of the reasons I chose it over Wharton, and curriculum played a big role in putting it ahead of Booth for me. Tough passing up other good schools, but at the end of the day its totally subjective which schools make the most sense for each person.
Current Student
Send PM
chifootball wrote:
If I'm going a non-traditional recruiting route of non banking, consutlting, GM, would 5 courses be more manageable than for the average student? I know I'll still have to put in a lot of work for a self-directed job search, but I figure it won't be as time consuming as all the formal recruiting events for banking and consulting. Or am I wrong on this?

My guess is that your path would make 5 courses more manageable, but I defer to current students on this.

chifootball wrote:
Also, I recently locked in to Kellogg, and passed on Wharton and Chicago. Location played some sort of role in most of the reasons I chose it over Wharton, and curriculum played a big role in putting it ahead of Booth for me. Tough passing up other good schools, but at the end of the day its totally subjective which schools make the most sense for each person.

Congrats on deciding on Kellogg! Looking forward to being classmates this fall.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
chifootball wrote:

Welcome!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [1]
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Kudos
chifootball wrote:

Depends what you mean by non-traditional. My advice is take 4 classes during the winter then decide if you want 5 classes during the spring.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Send PM
chifootball wrote:

Congrats chifootball! Looking forward to being classmates.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  59