GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 01:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Prelim GMAC Test Score 680. Aim 750. How to prepare within 4 Months?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.04
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
CAT Tests
Prelim GMAC Test Score 680. Aim 750. How to prepare within 4 Months?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 06:55
Hello Clubs Members,

As I have mentioned above, I took a preliminary GMAC test on the official app and scored 680 (Q49 V34) without any preparation at all. I am aiming for ISB and hope to get a score of about 750 to stand a decent chance of getting a call and subsequent admit. I have around 4 months which I can stretch to 5 at max, if needed be. Following are the materials I am in possession of:

GMAT OG 2018
GMAT Verbal Review 2018
GMAT Quant Review 2018
Manhattan SC
GMATClub Grammar Book

Now looking at my score, I know that Verbal is where I should put my main focus on and try to improve it as much as possible. Kindly advise on what other material I should get as per my study plan and how should I proceed with the preparation?

Help will be much appreciated. Hoping for a quick response.
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: Prelim GMAC Test Score 680. Aim 750. How to prepare within 4 Months?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 20:18
tush1992 wrote:
Hello Clubs Members,

As I have mentioned above, I took a preliminary GMAC test on the official app and scored 680 (Q49 V34) without any preparation at all. I am aiming for ISB and hope to get a score of about 750 to stand a decent chance of getting a call and subsequent admit. I have around 4 months which I can stretch to 5 at max, if needed be. Following are the materials I am in possession of:

GMAT OG 2018
GMAT Verbal Review 2018
GMAT Quant Review 2018
Manhattan SC
GMATClub Grammar Book

Now looking at my score, I know that Verbal is where I should put my main focus on and try to improve it as much as possible. Kindly advise on what other material I should get as per my study plan and how should I proceed with the preparation?

680 is a great score, and to get a score like that without any preparation is amazing. Here are a few points you can consider while making your study plan:

1. You should work on both quant and verbal. Q49 is 75%, and V34 is 71%. Room for improvement in both.
2. Do a general review of both quant and verbal concepts before you proceed. Try to identify how much of the content you're already reasonably comfortable with.
3. Be ready to take the exam a little earlier than planned. If your practice test scores are good, it might not be a good idea to stretch your preparation.

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Director
Director
G
Re: Prelim GMAC Test Score 680. Aim 750. How to prepare within 4 Months?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 23:20
Hi tush1992, the next logical step would be to find out which areas within Verbal need most of your attention. What is also heartening to know is that you are not looking for any quick-fixes (there aren't any :-) ) and are willing to give it the time it deserves.

If the problem area is Sentence Correction, I would like to highlight that our book Sentence Correction Nirvana is perhaps the only book that offers a score improvement guarantee, and is especially designed for non-native speakers.

After reading the book twice (yes! it's an academic book, and so must be read twice in all seriousness, to reinforce the concepts), you will start looking forward to solving SC questions!

The book is available on Flipkart and Amazon.in. You might want to refer to these sites, to also read testimonials of how readers have benefited.

See here how Mohit, who scored 750 on GMAT, vouches for our book.

If you want to sample a chapter before deciding to go ahead with our book, please PM me your mail-id (along with the chapter that you would like to sample) and I will be happy to send that chapter to you by mail. In addition, the entire Grammar section of the book is also available for free preview at pothi.

Thanks,
Ashish
EducationAisle, Bangalore

Sentence Correction Nirvana available on Amazon.in and Flipkart

Now! Preview the entire Grammar Section of Sentence Correction Nirvana at pothi.com

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.04
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2018, 05:15
AjiteshArun wrote:
tush1992 wrote:
Hello Clubs Members,

GMAT OG 2018
GMAT Verbal Review 2018
GMAT Quant Review 2018
Manhattan SC
GMATClub Grammar Book

680 is a great score, and to get a score like that without any preparation is amazing. Here are a few points you can consider while making your study plan:

1. You should work on both quant and verbal. Q49 is 75%, and V34 is 71%. Room for improvement in both.
2. Do a general review of both quant and verbal concepts before you proceed. Try to identify how much of the content you're already reasonably comfortable with.
3. Be ready to take the exam a little earlier than planned. If your practice test scores are good, it might not be a good idea to stretch your preparation.

Thank you so much for the reply. I am a little new to these GMAT prep terminologies. Just wanted to know what these ("Q49 is 75%, and V34 is 71%") percentages mentioned here represent.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Prelim GMAC Test Score 680. Aim 750. How to prepare within 4 Months? &nbs [#permalink] 24 Jan 2018, 05:15

Prelim GMAC Test Score 680. Aim 750. How to prepare within 4 Months?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap