Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
jaysiddharth wrote:
Hi Jon ,

Thanks a ton for your response. Appreciate it.

Thanks for the wishes on the GMAT Score.

Would like to ask / clarify a few things ( If that is okay ) .

1) A NIT/IIT or not is something that is a done deed. Can't change much in that. But my University's engineering program is one of the best in the country ( If that counts for something ) . Maybe that can be played up ?

2) I was under the assumption that Sales ( as a Work Experience ) wasn't a particularly overpopulated pool. Is it not looked upon favourably on International students ? Also , according to the adcoms What are the preferred fields/preferred brands / preferred functions ?

3) Of the Colleges that I listed , Do you think Colleges ( besides Tuck and MIT Sloan ) are achievable ?

Would love to hear back from you .

Hey dude,

1) A NIT/IIT or not is something that is a done deed. Can't change much in that. But my University's engineering program is one of the best in the country ( If that counts for something ) . Maybe that can be played up ?

You can for SURE play it up. I mean, everything is in your hands (well everything that is not a done deed). What I mean is that the school may not know how good your education was, and in that case it is your job to let them know! The best way to do that is through rankings in India or other notable facts that will PROVE that your program is awesome.

2) I was under the assumption that Sales ( as a Work Experience ) wasn't a particularly overpopulated pool. Is it not looked upon favourably on International students ? Also , according to the adcoms What are the preferred fields/preferred brands / preferred functions ?

Sales is not overly populated that is true, but it also not a preferred function.. Again here you have to see what you can do to shift things in your favor.. so I'd say for example pure sales is a bit looked down upon, but "Brand management" on the other hand... :)

3) Of the Colleges that I listed , Do you think Colleges ( besides Tuck and MIT Sloan ) are achievable ?

I do think the other schools will be a bit easier. Honestly, the best thing to do is to evaluate your list as a group.. I mean you have to come up with a FULL-on strategy, and what that means (more or less) is 1-2 stretch schools, 1-2 easy schools, and then 3-4 competitive schools. What I can do for you though is re-order your list in what I believe to be the order of challenge from most challenging to least. (Meaning you can STILL choose MIT if it is your dream school.. I mean that's what dream schools are for)

-MIT Sloan
-Tuck
-Duke
-Ross
- UVA
-Emory

I'd say apply to either MIT or Tuck... then Ross, UVA, and Emory.. and for the extra one or two others, we can think about that based on your specific details (feel free to come back at me with some other alternative schools you are looking at, and maybe I'll have a thought for ya)

JF
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts