GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 06:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2018, 23:48
Hi,

Would really appreciate responses.

Questions:

1- Given my profile, what would be schools I can focus on? Geography is not a barrier, can apply in Europe and the United States.

Nationality:
Indian

GMAT Score:
700 Q47 V39

Education:
Undergrad: Bachlors in Management Studies from Univerity of Mumbai with a 73.5% avg score in all semesters.

Professional Experience (6 years):
I started my career at a small digital media agency where I was part of the client servicing team, after this I moved onto an up and coming e-commerce portal where I spent 1 year working on the wesbite launch. After this I moved to a reputed international advertising company, here I spent 2 years and got an opportunity to work with several 'big' clients. Currently, I'm leading a business vertical at fin-tech (insurance-tech) with over 100 employees reporting to me, directly and indirectly.
Admissionado
G
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2018, 14:49
As you probably know, you're coming from the toughest demographic out there when it comes to b-school apps & it's one that tends to have very high GMAT scores (740+). Lots of applicants from this demographic are also coming from IITs. In comparison, your GMAT & undergrad are going to put you at a bit of a disadvantage. If there's any chance to get your GMAT up that would help for sure! It's also not totally clear how many years of work experience you have. Ideally the adcom likes to see 3-5 years -- any more than 5 and it starts to put you at a disadvantage as well.

Another factor will be the business impact you've been able to have at work & your post-MBA goals. The adcom ideally likes to see 4-5 significant accomplishments (i.e. you saved money or generated significant revenue) since that allows you to contribute more to class discussions & also helps convince them that you are up for the rigors of b-school.

Your post-MBA goals are critical as well since your argument for why you need the MBA rests on those. You'll want to not only name strong, clear goals but also explain WHY these are your goals & what you hope to accomplish.

Without knowing more about you & just based on what you've shared here my advice would be to target schools in the 30-50 range based on US News & World Report. If you'd like more specific thoughts feel free to reach out to Claudia at claudia@admissionado.com - she can hook you up with an MBA consultant who can give you more detailed thoughts after gathering some more info about you!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap