Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:52 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation: 710 (Q49, V39), 3.65 GPA, weak work experience [#permalink]
Hey there,

You're very welcome! To your point about career switching...

An MBA is a fantastic way to make a switch. An adcom isn't there to serve as a gate keeper on your desire to switch alone. But what they are looking for, if you're thinking about it, is someone who understands a) why and b) how. A lot of times people think adcoms don't like career switchers because they got dinged but usually that's because either the goals they communicated were wildly unrealistic or they were conveyed in cursory and superficial ways that led the adcom to believe they didn't really GET IT.

So Berkeley is no more or less welcoming to career switchers than other programs. But with a class size of <300, they're really focused on making sure the career switchers they DO let in, know what they're about.

Does that make sense?

Bhavik
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation: 710 (Q49, V39), 3.65 GPA, weak work experience [#permalink]
Yes, I believe I understand. You are saying my academic and GMAT profile are solid. Work is what it is and it's not like I can go back in time to change my work experience. Extras I can hopefully work on.

So it really just comes down to my execution during the application and interview phase. If I can demonstrate that I worked hard and gained increasing responsibilities throughout my career, this will go a long way in mitigating this weakness. I also have to do a good job articulating why I want to career switch and sort of craft a good story about how I plan on doing so. Since crafting an argument has always been my strong suit (I was a poli sci major), I am hopeful I can pull this off.

Thank you so much for pinpointing the areas where I can improve.
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Send PM
My pleasure! Good luck!

Bhavik
GMAT Club Bot