Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 14:47 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4099 [1]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]
twilightknight wrote:
Hey All! Just gave my GMAT today and I'm getting ready to apply R2 for Fall 2023.

23 Male
Nationality: Indian
Undergrad: 7.8 / 10 GPA - B.Tech with Distinction in Computer Science from a Top 100 School
GMAT - Unofficial Score 730 (Q49/V40)

ECs: Not much to say here. I was an active participant in debates, elocution and Model UNs in School. In college, I was part of the leadership team of the Literature Club. I have authored many poems and short stories and am currently working on my first 2 full length books. I have also received multiple gold medals in the English math and Cyber Olympiads if they count for anything.

WE: 2 Yrs at Top US Investment Firm in Operations (think Morgan Stanley, GS, JPMC). I fit is relevant, I interned here and converted to full-time after being the top performer.

Reason for MBA: So I realize that I'm a bit younger than most applicants but I feel it is the right time for me to pursue an MBA due to me not wanting to become typecasted in my role. I felt that I had learnt all that I could have, and looking at the people above me, there really wasn't much more for me to do. Also, to add a bit of context to my GPA and my low ECs as well, I have depression and have been diagnosed with BPD. I feel that during college I will be able to interact with many people and be able to achieve personal growth.

Post MBA Goals: I would like to work in Corporate Strategy at IBs or in Tech. If not this, then M&A or Product Management would be great too.

Targets: Anderson, Fuqua, Johnson, SOM, Tepper

So am I way off or do I have some hope of making it? Thanks guys!

Hi,
Challenges to your Application include
1. the immense challenge of WE being merely 2 years.
2. Your ECs (not just from the point of showing your being well-rounded, but also from the point of demonstrating Leadership (ECs from school days nto very relevant)
3. the more immediate challenge of too little time for preparing for a decent application

Pros include:
1. With your profile, and real successes from recent history, you seem to be on the threshold of the schools in your list, but my confidence would be around 70%
2. Good Acads

Unknowns:
1. Which College?
2. Your accomplishments since after you joined FT.

Ping me on LinkedIn for a 1-to-1 session for a personalized discussion of your application, and to explore possibilities.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]