Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 15:56 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Stern School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 539 [0]
Given Kudos: 219
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation request - for Oxford Saïd and Cambridge Judge [#permalink]
Paridhi4 wrote:
Hi,

It'd very helpful if you could share your opinion on my profile. I am targeting to apply in round 1 of Oxford and Judge, which is in September:

GRE score: 326 (Q 168, V 158)

Demography: 27 years, Female Indian

Undergraduation: B.Tech from IIT Kharagpur (Top Engineering college)
CGPA: 7.7/10

Work experience (in brief):
Current total work experience of 4 years:
• First 2 years is of Business Analyst at third largest private sector bank in India - Implemented strategies driven by data science for corporate and retail banking customers in terms of what fee to charge, what products to cross - sell, how to increase deposits etc. Led meetings with stakeholders and executives to align on the approach as well as recommendation.

• Currently working as a Risk Analyst at a multinational financial services corporation - Work with partners based globally in different locations such as USA, Europe. Performed credit risk analysis, implemented machine learning models and integrated multiple risk strategies (including Covid specific strategies) - all for underwriting journey of customer lifecycle. Led partner alignment and managed projects end to end.

Extracurriculars:
• Actively volunteering in United Nations Volunteers' Program. Have worked with a Kenyan NGO that works for socio - economic growth of communities through women's education, HIV awareness etc. I innovate on fundraising opportunities for their projects and have led a team with 3 other volunteers for the same.
• Worked as a content development volunteer for International Teacher's Association, Thailand that offers educational services for students, teachers, institutions.
• Worked as a social volunteer in college for 2 years to teach village children, conduct surveys and help fulfil basic needs of the people in villages
• Held multiple positions of responsibility in organizing team of college fests
• Was actively involved in dramatics' club of college - acted in 5 plays (one of which won Gold medal in IIM Calcutta's fest) and directed 1 play.

Future Goals: I want to work as a public sector consultant in a top management consulting firm.

Excellent Profile !!
Admissionado
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation request - for Oxford Saïd and Cambridge Judge [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Paridhi4:

How confident are you that you can score higher on the exam? If you can duplicate your Q score and raise your V score, that would be excellent. That being said, I would not spend significant time on it as I think you're already in a good position. If it's a matter of doing some consistent, light prep, then great. If you have to really dig in at the expense of other things, then you might be better off just focusing on putting together your applications including the essays. All these materials take time and I would like to see you ace those rather than improve your score on the margins.

Does that make sense?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes, it makes sense to prioritise other parts of application. Thanks a lot

Posted from my mobile device
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
You are welcome.
Moderator:
Admissionado
9221 posts