GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2019, 22:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Review

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 04:04
Hi,

GMAT: 680
Work Ex.: 6 years in Digital Consulting
GPA: 61% (First Class) from Visvesvaraya Tech University, Bangalore, India
Extra Currics:
Non Profit
Running an interest-free non-profit microfinance and savings scheme for poor women entrepreneurs from my community since 2011; serving 135 women.
Board member of a non-profit school; started as a volunteer in 2010.
Co-founder of an NGO for developing industry skills for financially weak final year undergrads of my community.

Others
Runner up on an MTV India reality show - Led team of 4 from 100 other teams
Revived the Drama Club at College and developed various stage-act teams. Participated in some acts and won 1st place for 2 acts.

Work Profile:

Currently working with Accenture as a Product Owner of next gen AI based Virtual Assistant worth $200M; the product will represent Accenture at Mobile World Congress 2020 at Barcelona - the largest telco conference on the planet
Advised multiple international Fortune 500 firms for digital transformation projects in the past

Worked with a startup earlier, where I revived the mobile app team - leading to $500k revenue generation. Advised multiple clients for their digital transformation projects and liaised between sales and tech teams in client-facing role.

Started my career at Computer Sciences Corporation, a Fortune 500 firm, and developed digital services for NHS (UK) - a $2Bn client and the project world's largest healthcare project. Helped reduce costs by $500k and development cycles by 30%. Led digitization of services by introducing mobile app, thereby reducing patient records' access times by upto 50%.
Led a team of 8 for Quality Assurance of split of a major Pharma giant - worth $6M. Received praise from C-level of the client.

Other Experience:
Developed a bootstrapped startup in Nov 2015 but closed by Apr 2016. I successfully developed an international supply chain but the startup was shut due to poor market research.

Post MBA Goals: Product Management with a tech firm, preferably in the fintech space

Target Schools:
-Oxbridge
-Imperial
-NUS
-NYU Tech MBA
-Tepper
-USC
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
B
Re: Profile Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2019, 00:23
Hello and thanks for your post.
The application process is truly holistic, and committees will look at your stats (GPA and GMAT), work experience, and extracurriculars.

Your work experience looks great! I really like your Accenture experience and the impact you have made as a Product Owner. You also have a diversity of work experiences with the startup and reviving the mobile app team. Your post-MBA goal of product management in tech is realistic too. Just make sure in your essays to explain why you specifically want your MBA, and to also illustrate the skills you already have which are transferable.

Your stats are decent, though your GMAT, compared to others in your demographic, is a bit below the average of the schools you listed. If you haven’t already, I suggest taking it up to 3-4 times. You have nothing to lose since schools will only look at your highest score. And even a slight increase can boost your profile. You may still want to illustrate to the schools that you have the academic ability to succeed in the classroom. You could showcase your quant ability in your resume, your recommenders could do the same in their recommendations, or you could even take a supplemental course such as stats or calculus.

And I really like your extracurriculars and am impressed with your work running the non-profit for women entrepreneurs.

You certainly have a chance at some of these schools, even with your GMAT, but they are quite competitive, and each school simply does not have the room to admit all the world's qualified applicants. For that reason, I like your range of schools which include reach, target and safety. Hopefully they will see that you have a compelling story and are someone who will add value to the classroom and community.
Good luck!

Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insider's Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Profile Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2019, 08:14
Thanks for the review, Michael!

Profile Review

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate