It is currently 10 Dec 2017, 19:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Review request for Oxbridge MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V46
GPA: 3.5
Profile Review request for Oxbridge MBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 10:10
Hi team MBAMisson,

Would like a profile evaluation. I’m considering Oxford Said and Cambridge Judge for my MBA. Thanks in advance!

Male, 26

Bachelors in Business from top ranked University in Pakistan, 3.5 GPA (top 10 percentile of class, As and Bs in quant courses)

GMAT: 730 (Q45, V46)

5 years of work experience in core brand management of consumer goods, first at a local blue chip market leader and- for the past 1.5 years- at a multinational. Responsible for brands with turnover > $250 mn and stewarded marketing budgets in excess of $5mn. (Note: Brand teams are very lean so I do not have direct subordinates, but I have been entrusted with interns and trainees)

Extra curriculars: Debate and Model UN, during high school as a participant and later as a coach. Gained a lot of international exposure and leadership experience through attending and taking high school teams to conferences/tournaments all over the world.

Post MBA Goals: Transition into consultancy since it absorbs my marketing skills such as project management and story telling whilst keeping me industrially fluid. I plan to work with diverse clients in emerging markets for 4-5 years before returning to Pakistan to consult for the multiple conglomerates jockeying for a slice of the booming retail market.

Community and others
Founded a non-profit aimed at spreading critical thinking across Pakistan through debate and public speaking. Now in its sixth year, the organization currently trains students, manages tournaments and organises lectures around the year.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Review request for Oxbridge MBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 13:35
Hi, and thanks for writing! Based on the information you've shared, it seems that both schools likely are within reach for you. Your quant score is a bit low, so it's good that you've gotten some As in quant classes. Make sure to highlight your quantitative work experience in your optional essay and in your other essays, make a strong case for why each program is a strong fit for you based on its culture, location, and specific resources. Best of luck and let me know of any other questions! :)

RecoveringDebater wrote:
Hi team MBAMisson,

Would like a profile evaluation. I’m considering Oxford Said and Cambridge Judge for my MBA. Thanks in advance!

Male, 26

Bachelors in Business from top ranked University in Pakistan, 3.5 GPA (top 10 percentile of class, As and Bs in quant courses)

GMAT: 730 (Q45, V46)

5 years of work experience in core brand management of consumer goods, first at a local blue chip market leader and- for the past 1.5 years- at a multinational. Responsible for brands with turnover > $250 mn and stewarded marketing budgets in excess of $5mn. (Note: Brand teams are very lean so I do not have direct subordinates, but I have been entrusted with interns and trainees)

Extra curriculars: Debate and Model UN, during high school as a participant and later as a coach. Gained a lot of international exposure and leadership experience through attending and taking high school teams to conferences/tournaments all over the world.

Post MBA Goals: Transition into consultancy since it absorbs my marketing skills such as project management and story telling whilst keeping me industrially fluid. I plan to work with diverse clients in emerging markets for 4-5 years before returning to Pakistan to consult for the multiple conglomerates jockeying for a slice of the booming retail market.

Community and others
Founded a non-profit aimed at spreading critical thinking across Pakistan through debate and public speaking. Now in its sixth year, the organization currently trains students, manages tournaments and organises lectures around the year.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

mbaMission Admissions Consultant

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

Profile Review request for Oxbridge MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap