Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 03:06 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6861 [86]
Given Kudos: 500
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32891 [0]
Given Kudos: 4456
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6861 [1]
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 738
WE:Account Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Re: RC OG Question Spreadsheet (~ 1000 Questions) [#permalink]
This is amazing. Thank you so much! :thumbsup: :clap:
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6861 [2]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Pankaj0901 wrote:
This is amazing. Thank you so much! :thumbsup: :clap:

Glad to help, Pankaj0901. Because RC questions for a given passage are listed together, one after another on the site, I found the spreadsheet quite helpful when, for each 100 questions, I would go back and look at just which types of questions I might have missed. Some of those inferences and application questions can get tricky. Make a game of it. See how you do in your first 100 questions, then work to better that mark. Likewise, if you reach 66 percent accuracy on, say, Supporting Ideas questions or Business passage questions, shoot for 75 in the next round. At the same time, you have to learn to let go of perfection. There is much to be learned from making a mistake. You just want to set yourself up for success the next time.

- Andrew
Director
Director
Affiliations: CFA Institute; ICAI; BCAS
Own Kudos [?]: 554 [0]
Given Kudos: 694
WE 2: EA to CFO (Consumer Products)
GPA: 3.78
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
AndrewN

Thank you so much for your efforts, this will immensely help all current and future GMAT students.

We may also refer to below link for official ques.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/mega-compila ... l#p2262603

I am sure your as well as ChiranjeevSingh work together will increase competition to score high on GMAT.
Volunteer Expert
Kudos
Expert Reply
Kushchokhani wrote:
AndrewN

Thank you so much for your efforts, this will immensely help all current and future GMAT students.

We may also refer to below link for official ques.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/mega-compila ... l#p2262603

I am sure your as well as ChiranjeevSingh work together will increase competition to score high on GMAT.

Hello, Kushchokhani. Yes, I was aware of the mega-compilation of questions that Chiranjeev has posted on his site. (There is a somewhat similar index of GMAT Club search results that his business partner Anish has posted on his site as well.) In fact, I have used that index to cross-check my own spreadsheet questions. There are a few discrepancies—e.g., I might place an OG 10 question that appeared in GMAT Prep in my OG spreadsheet, while Chiranjeev might place the same question in the GMAT Prep section of his site—but for the most part, the two indices are the same. I also checked my spreadsheet right before posting it, and some "new" questions (from pre-2000 official guides, apparently) were added to this site as recently as March of this year. I have no insight into how frequently anyone else updates their work. But I will say this: I respect Chiranjeev and Anish for their efforts to share questions of the highest quality with students.

Good luck with your studies. (There is no shortage of official material.)

- Andrew
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 287
GMAT 1: 610 Q41 V35
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V33
Send PM
Hi AndrewN,
Does the collection contain gmat prep questions too? if so we may need to avoid them to avoid repetition during mocks
Volunteer Expert
Kudos
Expert Reply
apurv09 wrote:
Hi AndrewN,
Does the collection contain gmat prep questions too? if so we may need to avoid them to avoid repetition during mocks

Hello, apurv09. No, as the title of the thread suggests, the spreadsheet contains OG questions, not those from GMAT Prep. Exceptions are cross-listed passages that may have originally been exam questions, then made their way into an old OG, such as OG 10, and were subsequently used to create GMAT Prep questions. I am not sure whether these questions still appear in GMAT Prep—they might have been included in former editions of the program or software. You can always click through a link, check out the source tag, and decide whether a cross-listed passage is worth taking. However, the large majority of passages are not cross-listed and should provide plenty of excellent practice.

Thank you for following up, and good luck with your studies.

- Andrew
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 277
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35 (Online)
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
AndrewN wrote:
Hello, everyone. On the three-year anniversary of my joining GMAT Club, I would like to share a spreadsheet I have created as part of a larger project to track official questions. On the spreadsheet, I have included every passage tagged with some sort of OG or Verbal Review designation (as long as I do not have reason to believe that it appeared only on the paper tests), even though I have no way of verifying some of the pre-2000 sources. There may be some inaccuracies, but I think that sharing the spreadsheet will do more good than spending months fact-checking. I have practiced every question on the spreadsheet and noted the following features:

• Passage Type (Business, Humanities, Science, Social Science)
  • Question Type (Application, Evaluation, Inference, Logical Structure, Main Idea, Supporting Ideas)
  • GMAT Club Difficulty (Low, Medium, Hard, rather than indicating the percent difficulty per question)

I also have added columns to track time, indicate whether you answered correctly or incorrectly, and add any notes that you see fit—all through manual input. (I advocate spending time to thoroughly review questions.) Finally, to encourage everyone to purchase the Official Guide and other current official resources, I have not included information on when these questions may have appeared in official publications.

Perhaps this spreadsheet will prove useful to you in your studies. Happy reading!

LINK

- Andrew

Hey AndrewN

Kinldy check the spreadsheet once again. It is giving an error when I'm opening it.
I have attached the screenshot as well for you reference.
Attachments

Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 163.7 KiB | Viewed 9217 times ]

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 316
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
AndrewN KarishmaB GMATNinja really doing poorly on Humanities and social sciences passages. What do you recommend to read and to read differently? Ethnicities are also super cofusing so very hard to figure with Mexican American are Hispanic or not other such details
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 316
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
AndrewN do your Og spreadheets also include all advanced OG questions?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32891 [0]
Given Kudos: 4456
Send PM
Top Contributor
The problem is not in the structure of the specific passage or the "argument of the passage".

The problem is the result of the following elements (at least some of them )

1) You do not have a specific strategy for the passage. Do you know how to map the passage? do you always pinpoint the main idea? do you know how to find the details when you have an inference question?

We do know that basically, the question on the Rc section of the GMAT are two: main idea and inference. yes we do have miscellaneous topics such as the organization, the tone and so forth. Essentially we have two

2) Do you pay attention to the first paragraph and the topic sentence of each one?

3) Do you know how to process high-level standard English? because is this what we do have on the GMAT RC

4) Do you read slowly? do you read fast ? do you have the habit to skim ?

Necessarily there is not a specific and proven correlation between reading other resources and improving the RC section of the GMAT. Could or could not ................

5) Do you read and stop ORRR you read FOR something to look for in the passage?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 256
Send PM
currently I am doing questions from SC/CR/RC 1000 question bank, should I do these questions as well or are they enough ?AndrewN
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 634
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V37
Send PM
Hello AndrewN ,
I have solved all the official RC passages and would love your advice concerning the next step:
Would you recommend re-doing the passages where I got wrong answers? Or instead moving on to LSAT passages?
Thanks, regards
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6861 [1]
Kudos
Expert Reply
danymasri98 wrote:
Hello AndrewN ,
I have solved all the official RC passages and would love your advice concerning the next step:
Would you recommend re-doing the passages where I got wrong answers? Or instead moving on to LSAT passages?
Thanks, regards

Hello, danymasri98. No, I do not recommend delving into LSAT passages, at least not without a tutor hand-selecting GMAT-like passages and questions for you. I differ from some of my colleagues on this point, but it is my view that by the time you have completed several hundred RC questions, you have done more than enough to master whatever the test may throw at you. In fact, I would go so far as to say that you probably made a mistake in ploughing through the entire set: there is no need, and you run the risk of falling into a more-is-better mindset, when what you really need to fix is your approach.

What I would recommend for someone in your shoes is review. Do not review so many passages or questions a day. Rather, work on entire question sets again, maybe one or two full passages, without any knowledge of which questions you may have missed. (Keep yourself signed out of GMAT Club, if that is what it takes, or do not record your performance on a question-by-question basis until after you have completed the set.) Prioritize the passages you have not done in the longest time. Also, read high-quality English-language passages on similar topics, but without questions to answer. Finally, if you are raring to test your newfound understanding on novel questions, try your hand at a passage or two from this site, perhaps something from Manhattan Prep or another reputable company.

Good luck with your studies.

- Andrew
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 2.75
Send PM
Hi, why has this been removed?
GMAT Club Bot